Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Black Bishop takes White Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Black Bishop takes White Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Black Bishop takes White Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Black Bishop takes White Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Black Bishop takes White Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Black Bishop takes White Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Black Bishop takes White Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Black Bishop takes White Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Black Bishop takes White Knight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Black Bishop takes White Knight

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Black Bishop takes White Knight - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Bishop takes White Knight

Post by Haruko Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:48 am

"I have a pretty bad habit of getting rowdy, but you probably already figured that out." Haruko chuckled without bringing her gaze from the ceiling until a new person was added to the mix and began speaking to her.

Once this new woman introduced herself as Roy's mom, Haruko cocked a brow and glanced between the two quizzically... though she couldn't actually glean much of Roy's actual appearance from his current condition. Either way, she wasn't making her confusion all that hidden. When a hand was offered to her however, Haruko realized it was time for her own introduction and stood to her feet to take the offered handshake.

"Hi, Jia! I'm Sa-tch..." she paused in an attempt to cut off her attempt at a Japanese introduction. "Haruko. Call me Haruko. Roy let me know that he'd be bunking up in the hospital for awhile so I figured I'd come and visit him for a little while. S'gotta be pretty boring just laying in that bed all day." And it was time to address the obvious. Haruko wasn't really the sort to hide her curiosity. "Not much of a family resemblance, huh?" She grinned lopsidedly.
Haruko
Haruko

Back to top Go down

Black Bishop takes White Knight - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Bishop takes White Knight

Post by Mercury Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:51 pm

Jia smiled, at Haruko as she introduced herself and took her hand. "It's nice to meet you Haruko." She was used to the insinuation that her and Roy weren't parent and child. She'd dealt with belligerent people before, but the young redhead wasn't belligerent but curious and maybe confused. "That's correct." She confirmed, "Roy's birth parents took care of me and my husband when we were down and out, they took us in and treated us like family. It was a shame when they passed away in an accident days after Roy was born. So we returned the charity they showed us and we raised Roy as our own."

Roy had been through this before, and let Jia speak, she was proud to have known his real parents, and as far as Jia and Tanar were concerned his parents were real saints. Tanar had confided that it was all that they could do to repay Roy's parents by raising him and following his parents example.

The young white haired man was quick to blow the steam off the tea and start sipping it as best he could with the bandages constricting his movement, he would spill just a little. It would slowly start getting messy, but it was the best he could do.
Mercury
Mercury

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:29 pm

"Oh, well that's cool," Haruko complimented in her own way as she took her seat once again. "I mean, it sucks how it came about, but you seem like a real good person to take a troublemaker like Roy into your house and let him mess everything up." She grinned wide at that, obviously joking. She turned to Roy, expecting some sort of sarcastic or otherwise remark in return, but instead she found him spilling dribbles of tea all over himself. Immediately her lips pursed as she hopped up to grab a napkin and a small towel she'd spotted not long after arriving set off to the side.

"Jeez! Don't be a slob!" she chastised unseriously, dabbing the tea from his chest with the napkin before laying the towel across his front to protect from any further spillage. "You're gonna burn yourself if you don't get some better control. Take it slow and be patient. Tea's not going anywhere anytime soon, ya know." If it looked like he was just going to keep spilling his tea, it wouldn't be long before Haruko attempted to take over for him.
Haruko
Haruko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:58 pm

The calm mother laughed off the playful assertion that her son was a troublemaker, the business with Miss Fairweather was unbecoming of the boy, and apparently Haruko knew about it. "He's a good boy and me and his father are glad to have him in our lives."

Roy gave a squinting look of unsure chargon as Haruko corrected and helped him. He wasn't sure if she was joking around or being serious, though it passed as soon as she started to clean up properly. She was always so light hearted, it was kind of funny, and the edges of the boy's lips would curl up into a smile as she practically took over for him once the napkin on his chest started to get overly wet. "Hey..." Roy would weakly eek out, giving up without a fight as the cup was practically stolen from him, letting his hands go back to resting by his side.

Jia watched almost stunned as Haruko not only jumped into help but started practically babying her son as he seemingly couldn't help himself, like he was playing more crippled than he was, not that drinking in the reclined position wasn't hard enough without bandages restricting your movement. But that wasn't the point. The point was that this Haruko seemed awefully chummy with her boy! "Haruko, how did you get to know Roy?" She wanted to be sure of what their relationship was, but she couldn't just ask strait up.
Mercury
Mercury

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:08 pm

Having claimed the cup from his hands, Haruko took up the plastic spoon that had been used to stir the still steaming drink and, with a steady hand, took to scooping sips from the spoon and allowing Roy to sip the tea that way while she sat on the edge of the bed serving it to him. It was much neater without any spillage. Being in a martial arts family meant that she was also used to assisting people with debilitating injuries...

"Eh?" Her head perked a bit at Jia's slightly unusual and unexpected question. "We met at the amusement park over yonder and played a few games. We got along well enough... so I guess we're friends now! Ha!" She seemed amused by the fact that they'd never actually stated their friendship. It was just a thing that sort of happened by coincidence after spending the day together.
Haruko
Haruko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:18 am

Jia smiled as Haruko explained how she and Roy had met. It was obvious that the two of them were closer to acquaintances than friends or even something more, which was what she was concerned about. She didn't raise a player, and she certainly wouldn't stand one in her house.

Though it was nice that Roy had such a helpful friend, she could see that they had a very synchronized energy. That fact didn't escape her as Haruko babied her boy, spoon feeding him the herbal tea his other friend got for him.

It seemed like Haruko was really good at this too! She didn't spill a single drop once she took over, giving Roy a moment to blow on the tea before sipping it. "Thanks Haruko. I'm glad we're friends."
Mercury
Mercury

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:22 am

"Hey, you'd do the same for me, right?" Haruko offered up a wide, cheeky grin before slowly letting it sink into a more serious expression. "Seriously though, this may really come up knowing me and what I like to do." Her eyes shifted a bit before chuckling nervously and quickly forcing another spoonful of tea past his lips.
Haruko
Haruko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:45 pm

"I'm not much of a nurse, but yeah, I'd come visit and help out as much as I can." Roy replied in a very friendly manner. "Seriously, I'll come and help out, if you ever wind up like this, just don't wind up like this at the same time as me." He was being serious but ended on a playful note, before taking the next spoonful of tea from Haruko.

The ironic fact that Haruko was nursing him tea that was a gift from Dia was not lost on him.

There was a timid knock on the door this visitor was a young man, holding a backpack over his shoulder and in one hand he had a heavy book labeled Britannica Unabridged. "Excuse me." He bespectacled Hispanic boy addressed with a soft accent, more like a mouse than a man, he wasn't sure of what was going on, as the only person he would recognize in the room was the heavily bandaged person now being spoon fed brown liquid (Soup?) by a hot athletic redhead that he'd never seen before. "Roy?" He asked almost squeamishly.

"Books!" Roy called having finished the spoonful, "Thanks for coming!"

"Hello." He greeted the two ladies, with a nod and smile, He wasn't sure who either of them was, but he would introduce himself. "I'm Guise Romeo, my friends call me Books."
Mercury
Mercury

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:01 am

"Well, we could always be roomies then," Haruko giggled lightly, turning her head at the knock on the door. Apparently Roy was expecting other visitors. It would've kinda sucked if she'd been the only one to show up.

"Hey!" she greeted informally with a wave of her hand still holding the spoon between her thumb and forefinger. "The name's Haruko. It's good of you to show up, Books, cuz Roy here isn't much fun. All he's been doing is laying around!" She got a bit of a laugh out of that, cracking herself up at Roy's expense.
Haruko
Haruko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:28 am

"Har har." Roy snarked back at his friend playfully giving her a mean look, before relaxing and looking back to the newest arrival.

Jia stood up from the seat she'd taken and given the newest arrival a little bit of a bow, "Hello, I'm Jia, Roy's mother." She introduced herself was was fashion in america. "It's nice to see that Roy has such good friends to come and visit him in the hospital."

"It's Nice to meet both of you Mrs. Wulf and Haruko." Guise responded with a smile before moving into the room and setting the massive book in his arms down. "I'm afraid I'm not that much of the life of the party." He was the first to admit he was fairly unassuming, he however had a very specific power that made him a Living Library. "Ah Right! I went around to your classes and got the lesson plans and the homework for the assignments you'd missed."

Roy gave out a little groan and looked towards the window, "Thanks, Books."
Mercury
Mercury

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:53 am

"Obviously not," Haruko replied, her tongue poked past her lips. "How can you dance when you're carrying that huge, old book around with you? No one's ever been the life of a party with a book in their hands. Un-... unless it's a book party... I guess? Is that a thing?" She glanced around to see if anyone knew the answer to that particular query. She knew she'd certainly never been invited to a book party before and she'd definitely been to some real parties.

It was a real shame this guy didn't share any of her classes. He seemed like the sort that would be real nice to copy off of. Oh well. She was just glad that she didn't have to be the one to collect all of the work Roy would be missing during his hospital stay. That would've been real awkward coming to school after skipping the day.
Haruko
Haruko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:05 am

Roy, Jia and Guise were confused for a moment, apparently none of the three had heard of a book party each looking around the room to the next to see if they knew anything about such a party, coming up with a collective, no.

"Heh," Roy vocalized, looking from books back to Haruko, "Oh he has a neat trick alright." He looked to Books, who nodded showing that he was ready, Roy had told the man once to be proud of his powers, so here he would go. "What's the second word of the seventh paragraph of the fourth chapter of a tale of two cities?"

"Concord." Books replied without even having to thing about it.

Jia paused for a moment wondering what just happened pulling up her phone and looking up the answer to see if that was what the word was of if this kid was full of it.

Roy had gone through a whole list of books, some Guise hadn't read, but every word he'd picked out, no matter how he'd picked it out had come up accurately. Any printed media that Books read, he could recite without a thought.

"So what volume is that anyways?" Roy changed the subject a Jia finished the search on her phone looking at books incredulously.

"It's Volume Nineteen of Thirty two." Guise responded, looking at the book on the counter, before looking back to his bandaged friend, he knew what the next question was, "I started fifteen this morning. Just in case you're wondering. They're a real hard read, they don't have any flow like fiction." Guise looked to Haruko, "I read a lot, but I'm trying to use my power for good now, and I want to be able to help people, so I'm trying to learn as much useful information as I can."

Roy simply smiled proud of his recently made friends.
Mercury
Mercury

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:34 am

"Boy, I'm glad I didn't get stuck with a power like that..." Haruko spoke up with a sour expression. "Books are so blech... It would never get any use..." The young woman couldn't even remember the last time she'd cracked open a book, that including school textbooks. ...It had been quite awhile. "I guess reading through a few hundred martial arts books in like a day wouldn't be so bad though..." She shrugged.
Haruko
Haruko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:45 am

Guise was a little taken aback by Haruko's words but smiled a little inside when he'd seen Jia's face. Haruko didn't seem like his type of person too rambunctious, and he worried for Roy if he continued to hang out with the wild redhead, but that wasn't his place to decide. The platinum blonde had pulled him out of a jam before when that bitch was breathing down his neck and even offered words of encouragement after the fact. Books would support the young man with everything he had.

Roy smiled still a little embarrassed for Guise, but it couldn't be helped, Haruko was a wild one who said what she meant. "I think everyone should make the best of the powers they were endowed with."
Mercury
Mercury

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:06 am

"Hell yeah!" Haruko replied with great enthusiasm, very nearly spilling the tea as she started to leap up to her feet excitedly before remembering what she was doing and settling down. "I dunno what I'd be doing if I wasn't beating the hell out of stupid punks picking on people who can't defend themselves." And she offered another spoonful of tea provided Roy was still thirsty.
Haruko
Haruko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:17 am

Guise had to take back everything bad he'd thought about Haruko as she made her comment about running around defending those who couldn't defend themselves, he'd met Roy under much the same circumstances, when Annabelle Fairweather had cornered him about being a immigrant, when Roy, another immigrant interceded and threw her bigotry in her face there was an instant showdown. Roy had been so cool, and now it seemed that Haruko was the real cool type too, it was amazing how such positive people attracted other positive people to be around them!

Roy gratefully accepted the sip of tea that had cooled down considerably, only blowing on it light before indulging in the healing herbal tea once again. It was a gift and he would make the best of it. He wouldn't let Dia's gift go to waste. Finishing the tea. "Just for fun Haruko? Or does simply watching people get pushed around not sit right with you?" He was more interested in her motivations. Since they both seemed to engage in the same activities, but for different reasons.
Mercury
Mercury

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:27 am

"Eh... both?" Haruko shrugged, setting the empty cup aside once Roy had finished the last sip. She remained sitting on the edge of the bed since it was comfortable enough and seating was becoming scarce in the rather small room. It didn't appear to be bothering Roy, at least from what she could tell. "I enjoy fighting and have the strength that lets me throw my weight around a bit. It would kinda be a waste to not put it to some proper use, right?"
Haruko
Haruko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:36 am

Guise occupied Haruko's old seat as she continued to sit on the bed after finishing off the cup of tea, like she'd practically claimed to be the closest to Roy. He would reach over and pull the encyclopedia into his hands and crack it open in his lap, he'd already finished his schoolwork for the day, his homework hadn't made it out of the building incomplete.

Roy wouldn't argue sharing his perch with the hot redhead. Even attempting to scoot his ass over to make room for the redhead in an attempt to be considerate to her seating needs before grimacing in pain as his body reminded him why he was here in the first place. "I feel driven to punish those that wantonly throw around their power without regard for others. I guess that's kinda why I'm here."

Jia took an obvious immediate interest in those words like she'd heard them somewhere before, she always imagined her son's violent activity as a side effect of his righteous attitude, yet something about what he'd said struck a nerve, though the older woman was quick to hide her almost shocked expression and went back to her cellphone.
Mercury
Mercury

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:19 pm

Haruko's shrug only amplified as Roy said his peace and Guise remained silent.

"Power or not; if someone needs a beating I'm not afraid to give it to em. I mean... if I could punch holes in buildings I'd probably be a little more careful, but I'm just a normal girl with some martial arts training, really. Nothin' wrong with beating on some unpowered bullies!" She threw a few speedy shadow punches to emphasize her point.
Haruko
Haruko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:36 am

"That's what I'm talking about." Roy responded, dropping the pretenses, he'd found a kindered spirit. His other friend Dia wasn't too much of a brawler considering her limited mobility, and Books was well... Roy's scuffle with Annabelle Fairweather had taught Roy that not everyone in a fight is a fighter.

The Platinum haired young man had a feeling that he, and the Fiery Redhead would be spending a lot more time together in the future.
Mercury
Mercury

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2