Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Lilith Magnell... Mangle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Lilith Magnell... Mangle I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Lilith Magnell... Mangle I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Lilith Magnell... Mangle I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Lilith Magnell... Mangle I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Lilith Magnell... Mangle I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Lilith Magnell... Mangle I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Lilith Magnell... Mangle I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Lilith Magnell... Mangle I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Lilith Magnell... Mangle

2 posters

Go down

Lilith Magnell... Mangle Empty Lilith Magnell... Mangle

Post by Lilith Magnell Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:36 am

Lilith Magnell... Mangle 752ccf692d79df35c266558dbc6a7ddd454993e0r5-640-1024_00

General Information
Name: Lilith Magnell
Alias: Mangle
Gender/Sex: Female/Female
Sexuality: Pansexual
Height: 4’9” or 1.4 meters
Weight: 91 lbs. Or 41 kg

Behavioral Information

Alignment: (Evil ;; Chaotic ;; Nice?)
Personality: Lilith is generally a normal girl, even kind. She volunteers for community projects, she helps old people cross the street, she does what she can to help people. However, people who spend more time with her might notice something… off. She will get distracted easily, and gets very angry whenever anybody interrupts her daydreaming or thinking. She will not get violent at these times, and will usually apologize. She does enjoy occasionally scaring with her power, but she’s not malicious about this, it’s simply for fun. When she’s at… ‘work’, though, it’s almost like something in her brain switches off. Lilith is highly sadistic towards her assigned marks. She doesn’t let anybody stand in between her and her target, and though she doesn’t try to hurt them, she doesn’t specifically use nonlethal force either. When she finally gets to her target, she will enjoy hurting them, and she will enjoy tearing them apart… she wants to make it hurt. She wants to make a statement, as the people who hire her should know. She enjoys her job, but she never goes out of her way to hurt anybody outside of her targets.

Likes: Helping most people, hurting her targets, making a statement, not letting anything stand in her way, cute animals, jumpscaring people, horror games.

Dislikes: Visual Novel games, bright lights, people succeeding at stopping her (even temporarily).

Background

Lilith was born to a single mother, who unfortunately died in childbirth, meaning Lilith’s life began as a struggle. She was nursed and raised in an orphanage for the first 13 years of her life, being adopted after a very long time. She was undeniably a kind girl, and loved to show people the compassion that her upbringing originally lacked. However, at age 14, her powers appeared, and her mind became a little… twisted. She began dismembering stuffed animals, and though she loved animals too much to do the same to them, she eventually moved on to bigger things. The uncaring owner of the orphanage was found dead one night, her body badly mutilated and knife wounds everywhere. The culprit was never found… by the authorities. A famous assassin found the true culprit-- young Lilith, still holding the murder weapon. He took her in and trained her, with Lilith still living at home, under a generally normal household. She is now hired by mafia bosses who want her to kill certain enemies to make a statement, or those who want her to hunt somebody down and end them-- there’s even the potential for her to be sent after heroes, in order to show the world that there is still something to be worried about. She lost her left eye on one of these missions and chooses to keep it covered, but will use the mangled scar to assist in frightening others. People will undoubtedly have heard of her killings, and likely her alias, Mangle, but very few-- only potential employers and her old mentor-- even know who she is.

Superhuman Information

Power Holder?: Yes
Shadow Walker: Lilith can, at will, send out a shadow that can travel at up to 4.5 m/s along the ground or along walls. Once she stops the shadow, she can then instantly travel to its location, canceling any momentum she previously had. She must be touching a surface to activate this ability, and the shadow cannot travel through bright light. It can only travel through surfaces if they’re connected to the surface the shadow was summoned on. The teleport happens instantly, and Lilith is, for a split second, coated in shadows as she emerges from the teleport. She may only do this once per post at most, and if used to go more than 10 meters, she cannot use it for another 5 posts. Lilith may change her body's position slightly, during travel time, but otherwise her position is instantaneous. Lilith can't go any farther than 20 meters, and every two meters it adds another post cooldown. After ten meters, her shadow grows increasingly slower, meaning that after the roughly two seconds it takes to go ten meters, it takes another five to go to twenty. If a bright light is shone on her shadow, it will dissipate and reset the cooldown, as she hasn't actually teleported yet. Her power also gives her fox-like ears and a tail, for some reason.

Last edited by Lilith Magnell on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:07 am; edited 6 times in total

Lilith Magnell

Back to top Go down

Lilith Magnell... Mangle Empty Re: Lilith Magnell... Mangle

Post by V.Carnage Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:43 pm

So first I have to ask, are the cat/fox tail and ears relevant to her actual appearance or should we disregard them for her actual character?  Other than that, personality and background are fine.  Now lets get on to the power.  

Rather than starting with a power breakdown there are a couple things I want to go through first.  So for the sake of ease of measurement, I think it would be better to have the speed and range in the same units.  I've calculated out 10mph is roughly 4.5 m/s, meaning it would take just over two seconds to reach 10 meters.  Then I would also like to address that range specification.  You mentioned if it exceeds 10 meters then the cooldown is longer, however you dont have an upper limit.  So theoretically, if you were willing to wait long enough, you could travel all the way across a city, or even a country and still have the same cooldown.  On that note, if you are going to do such a thing, I am going to ask you for a hard cap as well.  Do note than once I get into actual balancing, I may suggest removing this ability to go farther than 10 ft all together for the sake of simplicity and consistency.  Finally, I have a question about the specifics of this "incorporeal" state.  Am I right in that she is incorporeal while traveling through the shadow and that before and after she teleports she is normal again?  Or is it something else?  

Any questions or direct help with balancing, feel free to message me.
V.Carnage
V.Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith Magnell Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:58 pm

Got a couple edits :3
Firstly, the ears and tail are part of her power technically.
Secondly, I scaled it to cap at 20 meters.
Third, changed mph to m/s
Any more questions and I'll answer ^w^

Lilith Magnell

Back to top Go down

Post by V.Carnage Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:58 am

Power Breakdown

Pros:
Fox Qualities (Free/aesthetic, no increased hearing or balance and the tail is not prehensile)
Shadowportation (3 Major)
Increased Range for Increased Cost (Minor)

Cons:
Setup for Teleportation has Travel Time (Major or Minor)
Requires contact with a surface (Major)
Cannot go through bright light (Major)
Final destination must be connected to starting point via the shadow (Major)
Teleporting does not change direction facing or body position (Major)

That last one you didn't mention in your post but did in our messages.  For the sake of balance, I'd say you can remove that one.  As well, the difference between whether travel time is Major or Minor has to do with whether it's scaling or not.  Being that you already have 3 Major cons to your 3.5 Major pros, I'd say travel time also scales.  If you think this sounds good, specify them and bump and we can get this approved.
V.Carnage
V.Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith Magnell Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:00 am

I bump for fix. Also added something I forgot to mention earlier about her left eye being kaput

Lilith Magnell

Back to top Go down

Post by V.Carnage Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:26 am

The addition to her background is fine. Power seems to check out just fine and the additional specifications are appreciated.

Approved
V.Carnage
V.Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum