Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Old Friends, New Faces I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Old Friends, New Faces I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Old Friends, New Faces I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Old Friends, New Faces I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Old Friends, New Faces I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Old Friends, New Faces I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Old Friends, New Faces I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Old Friends, New Faces I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Old Friends, New Faces I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Old Friends, New Faces

2 posters

Go down

Old Friends, New Faces Empty Old Friends, New Faces

Post by Beldyr Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:49 pm

In the middle of bustling Jadetown is an indistinct hotel.  The only thing that may make it stand out is the number of floors, totaling up to twenty-one.  On the very top floor there is only one hall that leads to a single room, the Royal Suite.  While officially a room available, the room is perpetually rented out or unavailable for renovations.  Truthfully, it is a room kept specifically for official business of a certain group.  What group might that be?  The same group that owns the hotel.  The group has been around for countless generations, and have found their way to becoming one of the most influential groups in the underworld.  The group is known as The Salomonis, and it is lead by an unidentified figure known as the Matron, or Matron Salomonis.  

On the top floor there were many armed guards; two on each entrance, inside and out, and one on every corner.  The inside of the suite was decorated lavishly in a way that said 'money is no object'.  There was a large king sized bed with neatly spread covers that probably hadn't seen use more than once or twice in a few years.  Off to the side was a bathroom with a bathtub large enough to fit four adults comfortably.  All of the curtains were closed, and the only light source was a few lamps scattered about the room.  In the center was a coffee table with a bottle of wine on top.  On the side facing the door was a scarlet couch for three.  Opposite to it, positioned so the one sitting in it could see the door, was an embroidered chair that looked as if it it was the reason the room was called the "royal" suite.  

In the chair sat a woman.  She wore a white dress with azure lining.  Her hair was wavy blond, with not a single strand out of place.  She had adorned a full face masquerade mask ornately decorated with gold linings in a rather intricate design with only a small part open at the bottom showing her chin and mouth.  She sat relaxed yet regal, a clear glass filled with red liquid in her hand.  Directly to her left stood a man cloaked in black and wearing a mask that was very skeletal but had sharp teeth and three long vertical eye holes.  The man stood still, not making a sound.  Aside from these two, there were ten other guards in the room, stationed about and ready for any sign of trouble.  They were expecting company.  Company form someone they had not heard from in quite some time.
Beldyr
Beldyr

Back to top Go down

Old Friends, New Faces Empty Re: Old Friends, New Faces

Post by Gungnir Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:56 am

Old Friends, New Faces 8d249ccc30426f68d9a54ff518714c4e

Baldur frowned at the receptionist as he, or rather she for the foreseeable future lead her bored associate to the elevator. It truly was unfortunate he could not simply retake old forms, or some other convenience to make reconnecting with old acquaintances easier. The fact His current body was so different from the previous. Ordinarily, he might have sent a proxy, some semi-trusted associate that would be able to handle the appropriately. However, this particular case required a more personal touch. The woman he was here to meet would undoubtedly have requested her presence regardless, as well as the fact the meeting was simply far too important to risk botching.

One didn’t risk insulting their business partners, nor could he afford risking leaving this to one of her underlings. The small girl looked up to the woman next to her, Natalia was less than enthused to be dragged here, but even if a bodyguard was more a formality, especially given that death was little more than an inconvenience in the long run, nor would the Salomonis expect any differently “Something amusing, Gungir?” The immortal current eight-year-old asked, her eyes and demeanor the only real indicator of her true age.

Nata, meanwhile, figured this wouldn’t be near entertaining enough. Bunch of blowhards trying to out con each other more like. Still her negativity didn’t show now as the woman continued to chuckle at the receptionist’s misfortune.  “Aw come on, you didn’t see the look on her face, the moment you mentioned the royal suite.” The mercenary continued snickering, causing Baldur to sigh. “Looked like wasn’t sure whether to cut and run or try to stop you.”

“I would ask you conduct yourself better in the presence of Matron Salomis, our current operations required certain…relationships be maintained.” The apparent child answered vaguely, causing Nata to roll her eyes.  “And let me guess, you need me here to supervise this little playdate.” She asked sarcastically, receiving a frown from the orange-eyed immortal. “yeah whatever, I’ll play nice.”

The guards seemed alerted of their presence, probably by the receptionist Nata thought, and she didn’t miss the fact they were carrying either, though she wasn’t all that knowledgeable on the woman they were meeting, it looked like decent hardware to the mercenary’s keen eye. Either way they were stopped at the entrance of the place. Nata couldn’t help cracking a smirk seeing how they were more than a bit put off by how Baldur looked, she couldn’t exactly blame them either.

The guards let Baldur go in, though not before checking both of them for weapons, and more importantly, any possible recording equipment. Baldur would regard her host with a polite smile, knowing his current form would be off-putting to say the least. “Matron Salomis, it’s been far too long.” Baldur greeted politely as she entered the room. He’d take note of the woman’s current companion, noting him as a new “face” among the Matron’s people. The other guards were noted, but summarily ignored as they seemed far less intriguing. “Apologies for my current appearance.” She added.

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Beldyr Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:28 am

Theurgia smiled as her two guests entered the room.  She did not stand up, but motioned to the couch in front of her.  "Ah, the envoys of Aesir.  Then that must be you, Mr. Baldur.  Excuse me, Ms. Baldur.  It's been so long I hardly recognized you.  You seem a little... shorter than I remember."  She was clearly playing with him.  Less in a way of insulting, and more of a subtle way of prying information while lightening the mood.  "It's been near enough a decade since I last heard directly from you.  We certainly have a lot to catch up on."  Theurgia set her glass on the coffee table in front of her.  "Of course, we should also introduce our associates."  She motioned to the masked man next to her.  "With me I have our up and coming hitman.  We've taken to calling him Carnage, as he tends to make a mess of things.  Better to make sure the job is done and leave none to chance though, don't you agree?"  Carnage gave a slight bow but made no sound.  After her brief introduction, she glanced over at Natalia, awaiting her introduction.
Beldyr
Beldyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gungnir Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:11 am

Baldur didn’t even react to the change of title, as such things mattered little to her. Silly things such as gender hardly mattered after enough going through enough bodies, as well as the physical changes they brought. “Much can change in so many years, I’ve had a few…inconveniences, this form is merely a consequence of them.” The immortal responded, the fact his power was related to body changing was hardly unknown, though more rumor than known fact. He recognized an attempt to gain new information, but hardly saw a reason to give up such quite yet. He’d made his way to the couch across from the masked woman, taking a moment to lock eyes with Nata before the mercenary would follow, sitting down next to her.
She nodded at the young man in the mask when he was introduced, noting the man’s occupation while at the same time processing the Matron’s words. She didn’t give much away, but the fact the woman had seen fit to invite a hitman seemed curious, as well as the woman’s comments.

“On occasion I suppose, though I’ve found some circumstances require a more…subtle hand.” The immortal commented. Baldur mentally assessed the hitman for a moment but knew he didn’t truly have near enough information to make any kind of meaningful conclusions about the masked man. Instead he decided to take his host’s cue. “This is Gungnir, she’s a recent addition, former military if I recall correctly.” She looked to the bored mercenary as if asking for confirmation.

Natalia scowled as she was dragged into the conversation. “Yeah yeah, we’re all buddy buddy now, can you hurry this up?” The woman asked impatiently. She wasn’t a fan of this making nice crap, nor was it something that she normally would have bothered showing up for.

“Her attitude still leaves something to be desired.” Baldur remarked as if Natalia weren’t present. “She has proven reliable, if somewhat impetuous.”

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Beldyr Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:12 am

Unfortunately, it didn't seem like Baldur was willing to share his situation just yet.  "How unfortunate.  I hope things have gone better as of late."  As curious as she was, she knew it would do no good to press now.  "Care for a drink?"  Theurgia motioned to the wine bottle on the table and over to a mini-fridge nearby.  Theurgia acknowledged Gungnir as she was introduced by Baldur.  So, a former patriot, turned mercenary.  Not the most uncommon story.  To be a part of Aesir, and an attendant of Baldur no less, would indicate there was more to her, however.  

Her demeanor, on the other hand, was less than ideal.  At Gungnir's impatient outburst, Theurgia's smile waned slightly, but did not fade.  This girl was obviously not used to the more delicate matters involved in organized crime.  She mentally questioned why this girl in particular was brought, but brushed it aside.  It wouldn't do to dwell on such things.  Especially among company.  It was a bit of a relief to see that Baldur did not condone her behavior however.  

Carnage turned his head towards Natalia.  Nothing could be seen behind the blackness of the eye holes of his mask, but it was clear he was observing her.  Possibly sizing her up. Or maybe he was just curious.  He still did not speak, opting to quietly watch over the situation unfolding.  The Matron spoke.  "Quite eager to get onto the subject at hand are we?  Very well.  We can save the pleasantries for later.   Now then, I know you were the one who called the meeting here, but I must ask... Why am I noticing so many more agents of Aesir skulking around Ruby City?  Your group hasn't been so active around here before, and I don't appreciate uninvited guests who don't know their boundaries."  Her voice was mild, but held an authoritative tone that carried the weight of a potential threat.
Beldyr
Beldyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gungnir Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:41 pm

Baldur looked down at the bottle remorsefully, noting it was a decent brand, and a good year it appeared. A shame he would not be able to enjoy it properly, one of the many issues with his body changing, different bodies had different tastes, as well as other changes that tended to occur. He noted Gungir disregard the wine with a dismissive snort, but a look cut off whatever she was about to say in response. The woman had decent taste in Scotch, as he’d learned but outside of that her tastes in beverage tended more towards less….sophisticated drinks.

For now, the fact she at least was holding her tongue, allowing Baldur to focus her attention on their host. “As much as I would love to, this body is hardly suited to such.” He explained, before the woman moved onto the issue of their “trespasses” something he knew she would bring up at some point, and as such would already be prepared for. His eyes scanned the room, noting the number of guards, he’d have to be careful not to reveal too many details, but that was of little information,

“We meant no disrespect of course, Odin has decided things are now suitable for our organization to expand into Ruby, we of course, will gladly compensate for any…inconvenience our presence causes your organization.” Baldur responded, it would not be wise to insult the Matron of Salamonis at this stage. “Your of course, are aware of our organization’s focus on superpowered individuals.” The immortal regarded. Giving the matron enough facts to come to her own conclusion. Ruby city was perhaps the largest concentration of supers in the world, primarily due to the presence of Alabaster and the main branch of the SF. “Our operations have reached a…crucial point which naturally requires our operatives to act within Ruby city for the time being.”

Nata noticed the hitman’s attention, giving an almost challenging grin as she sized him up herself. Didn’t seem the type to use guns, at the very least he wasn’t carrying that she could see. This matron chick had mentioned he tended to make a mess, which hinted he was more up close and personal most likely. The mercenary still figured she could take him if things came to it, though the other guys would doubtlessly cause her some trouble if things came down to a fight. Damn, and of course fucking Baldur had made sure she came unarmed. Fucking Dumbass.

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Beldyr Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:44 pm

Theurgia lamented Baldur declining a drink.  It always felt like a more pleasant experience when they could talk over drinks.  People tended to be less tense.  "I see, well that is quite an unfortunate situation you've found yourself in.  Perhaps another time then."  Theurgia took another sip of her own glass before replacing it on the table.  The Matron listened attentively to Baldur giving his explanation for why Aesir was showing up in Ruby City suddenly.  She couldn't just let anyone wander about, at least not without her knowing about it.  You could never be too careful, especially with bigger organizations involved.  Aesir was not a group to be taken lightly, but then again neither was The Salomonis.  Boundaries and conditions needed to be established or there was sure to be conflict.  

"Yes, well, I suppose I can give some degree of leniency given that you saw fit to take your own initiative to seek me out."  Theurgia carefully processed the information that Baldur was offering her.  Ruby City was indeed a hub for supers.  If they were looking to recruit, this would be the ideal place.  Then again, as a result the likelihood of public exposure increases dramatically.  However, she knew Aesir didn't like the SF, so it was curious that they'd set up shop so nearby.  Unless they were planning to directly oppose them?  Possibly.  That much was unclear and mere speculation at the moment.  No use mulling it over at the moment.  

"While I do respect your organizations desire for privacy, keep in mind that we have to think of our own well being too.  We can't very well just let some external group gallivanting about the place we have a hold on.  Even if it's one we've had positive relations with in the past.  You needn't worry.  We have no intention of interfering with your operations so long as they do not affect us, however I'll need some sort of assurance that it won't happen.  Or..."  Theurgia leaned forward slightly, "perhaps we could resume a mutual relationship, depending on what it is you and dear Odin are getting your hands into."  She leaned back once more, a confident slime not wavering.  

Carnage slightly tilted his head in response to Natalia.  Underneath his mask an intrigued smile adorned his face.  This one was interesting.  She was confident.  Perhaps too confident?  He couldn't say for sure, as he'd never seen her in action.  Not only was she unfazed by the many armed guards and a hitman was in her midst while she herself was unarmed, but she acted as if it was a drag to even be there.  It appeared she knew very little of respect.  While it was an interesting display, he could not have it if she didn't know the position she was in.  Her attitude was unacceptable to mother.  He would not act without her word, but felt it may come to pass based on her attitude so far.  He smoothly moved his head back to an attention position, watching both of the visitors, but keeping special attention to Natalia should she try something.
Beldyr
Beldyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gungnir Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:02 pm

The immortal smiled up at her host, a fair idea of the woman’s thought process, if not the specifics of her conclusions, or lack of them. The Matron was one of the more intelligent criminal leaders he could think of, one would have to be to run a criminal empire in a city filled with hero types. The question was whether he could keep her curiosity, not that Baldur didn’t have more than a few cards to play in that regard.

“I can assure you our operations should not interfere in your own, were we not willing to coexist, Odin would have seen fit make such known in far more…apparent a fashion.” The currently eight year old mentioned casually. The underlying threat existed, partly as a return of the woman’s earlier threat. Though in all due likelihood there would be little for either side to gain from such a conflict, a fact the matron was undoubtedly assured of. “Though I would agree that a far more…beneficial relationship could be negotiated…though I assume such would require more details to be shared.”

In truth, such had been Baldur’s plan from the beginning, as the Matron’s resources could prove beneficial. Still he wasn’t willing to part with the information too easily quite yet. That was part of the game after all, and he would prefer to keep as many people in the dark for as long as possible if he could. After all, one never knew who could be trusted in the end, and the more people aware of the information, the more likely his plans could find their way to the SF.

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Beldyr Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:14 pm

Theurgia smiled.  It wasn't quite a meeting of crime lords without a bout of subtle threats.  If one wasn't willing to play their cards to show their might, they were better as underlings than as partners.  "Very good.  It would indeed be ideal to not have to start a war between our two associations."  Baldur picked up on the topic of cooperation.  She had been expecting that they may have been after their help once she was contacted, and it seems her instincts were correct.  Picking up on the subtitles of what Baldur was saying, the Matron lifted her right hand and waved it lightly.  "Guards, leave us."  Without hesitation or question, the guards orderly filed into the hall.  Carnage didn't move a muscle.  Should anyone question his presence, Theurgia would respond, "Carnage stays.  I mentioned he was 'up and coming', but he's by no means new.  I'd even go so far as to say he's probably more trustworthy than myself."  Theurgia would give a titter, but it was clear this was a decision not up for discussion.
Beldyr
Beldyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gungnir Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:09 am

Baldur waited for the guards to leave, raising a curious eyebrow that was answered by the matron before he could really voice the thought. He glanced to Natalia, knowing there was a good chance there might be information best kept from the mercenary. Given the flexible loyalty of her kind. While she trusted the mercenary well enough and had more than a few designs for her of course. “Gungnir, I believe there should be a bar downstairs, try not to make a mess of the place.” The immortal said dismissively. If the matron was dismissing her guards, he would do the same as a show of trust. There was little real threat to him to begin with, outside of an inconvenience and even then, the potential risk was hardly worth the risks of his plans being leaked by the merc.

The mercenary quirked an eyebrow, knowing well enough when she was being dismissed, if not temporarily. “Alright, long as you have someone pick up the tab.” She answered, walking towards the door. Baldur let out a sigh, as his associate left, leaving the room down to herself, Carnage, and the Matron. The implications of the hitman staying left Baldur allowed Baldur to make a few conclusions, based on the simple fact he was trusted this much. The matron wasn’t the type to make rash decisions, and her words left him to wonder if the man was truly just a hitman, rather than something more. He kept the observations to himself however, as that had little to do with the business at hand.

“I suppose this will have to do, though I’d hope your companion understands the risks involved in loose lips.” Baldur started, as soon as the three were properly alone. “To begin with, Aesir plans to begin our expansion into the city, such will of course, require certain vital services be provided.” The diminutive crime lord started. “I’m sure you’ve kept up in the…equipment trade well enough.” She started, deciding to start with the most obvious need. Arms smuggling was lucrative, but risky and creating new connections and routes to do so. He expected the woman would likely probe into the details regarding why they were doing so.

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Beldyr Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:03 am

Theurgia was happy at how understanding Baldur was at Carnage's presence, on top of sending his rather crass associate away.  At the very least it meant that Baldur put some degree of faith in her and her organization.  "Fret not.  He's been trained well and knows where he belongs.  I assure you, any 'loose lips' will result in punishment from me long before you would get to him."  The Matron eagerly listened to what plots Aesir were cooking up.  Carnage remained at attention, making no signs of joining the conversation or even listening.  It appeared they were in the market for some arms.  Naturally, an organization such as Aesir was always in need of supplies, but something about the situation made it seem there was more to it than that.  The fact that it coincided with their move into Ruby City only furthered her suspicion.  "Of course.  We have our hands in many honey pots, and many ways of getting things when needed.  I'm sure we can get the 'equipment' that you desire.  Might I ask, what could the great Aesir organization need to come around to us for merely equipment?  Some dire need suddenly arise?"
Beldyr
Beldyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gungnir Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:19 pm

“As would be fitting.” Baldur agreed, nodding her head for emphasis. She would expect as much from someone as professional as the Matron of the Salomonis would undoubtedly understand the need to handle their own business and clean up what messes may be caused by their members. He himself would do the same were the situation reversed, after all talkative associates made for bad business in their line of work.

“Not quite needed yet, and of course, there are other…services we would request of you, as the need arises.” Baldur answered, looking back at the wine longingly. Perhaps a glass would be alright, though he mentally pulled himself away from that thought. This body had hardly any tolerance, and she needed a clear head for the negotiations currently at hand. “Odin has decided it is time for Aesir to serve it’s true purpose, though our side operations should still continue. Something we both may find highly…beneficial.” He stated. Aesir had a reputation already in several specialized fields within the criminal underworld. Ranging from assassination, espionage, blackmail, even going so far as forgery. They had the resources at hand to craft new identities as needed, and often did so. Similarly, they tended towards gaining connections that could prove…useful.

Naturally, the immortal thought these could easily be leveraged if needed and hoped to do so. “as for our main goals, Odin believes it best to focus on removing a primary threat to the existence of both our organizations, one that as of now, currently dwarfs both of us in terms of power.” The immortal smiled as he observed the woman, and her companion. The explanation was telling enough, yet also purposely vague in order enough to test if the woman could uncover the meaning underneath the words. She had always so enjoyed testing those around her, and this would not have been the first time she’d played such games with the woman across from her.

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Beldyr Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:15 pm

If they were asking for more than just weapons, then it really was part of something bigger.  "Whatever services you are looking for, be it equipment, information, or men, so long as you provide us with proper compensation we can provide.  Though alternatively, you could just owe us and pay us back later."  Baldur could not see, but Carnage had a quite twisted smile under his mask when Theurgia said that.  More than anything, The Salomonis was known for holding its power over other organizations through the favors it provided.  Part of how they got so powerful in the first place was their many generations of providing their services so they could hold their debts over their heads.  People knew all that The Salomonis could do to provide you with what you wanted, but owing a debt to them was the equivalent of having your soul owned by the devil.  

Theurgia saw Baldur's eyes flicker to the wine bottle.  It was rather adorable how hard she was trying to hold back from it.  That aside, Baldur had just confirmed Theurgia's suspicions that there was a larger plot going on with Aesir.  "So, your true purpose, is it?  Fighting off some organization stronger than both Aesir and my own association?  I wonder who it could be."  It was quite obvious she was playing around.  She knew full well that the only group that could directly oppose organizations like The Salominis and Aesir and come out victorious would be the Superhero Foundation.  Finished playing coy, the Matron continued, "That seems like a rather grand ambition you have.  Those people do not merely have quantity, they have many of the strongest supers in the world under their banner.  What ever could you have planned if you hope to take them out?"
Beldyr
Beldyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gungnir Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:40 pm

Baldur smiled at the woman, recognizing the powerplay as what it was. Of course, the Salomonis way of doing things often tempted others, he however had existed long enough to think better of such offers, though this body did come with some…eccentrics and a girlish giggle replaced the chuckle that normally would have come out.

“A…thoughtful offer, but I would prefer we keep our negotiations in more…concrete terms.” Baldur responded after regaining composure. The immortal once again frowned at the wine bottle, as though it were far more fascinating than the conversation as a whole. Before turning her attention back to her host. It was obvious the matron had already divined their target. “Odin has plans of course, some of which have required sizeable preparations. Naturally, it would be…detrimental to share such details without a more…solid commitment between our groups.

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Beldyr Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Theurgia smiled as Balrus gaze returned, once again, to the bottle of wine on the table.  Almost as if to mock her, Theurgia lifted her own glass, sipping its contents. "Very well. We shall make an agreement first.  However, I can't very well be getting into something I know nothing about.  We shall start with the aforementioned trade agreement.  We shall provide Aesir with requested equipment in return for just compensation.  However, if you wish for further cooperation, I'll need to know details up front.  I'm not going to get my organization involved in just any power play.  Especially against a foe as powerful as this one.  Surely you can understand my apprehension at joining such a cause I know so little about."
Beldyr
Beldyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gungnir Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:37 pm

“An impasse then.” Baldur noted frowning. Though in all honesty he’d expected this, it was in fact one of the reasons he’d planned to be left alone with the woman, while there were certainly contingencies in place in the case, he did not received the full support of the Matron and her organization, though those plans were far less…preferable. Especially given they could easily set Aesir back from their main goal by years. While he himself could wait through those plans, considering his own powers it would not be near as effective.

“Then perhaps it would be best we have a trade of information as…insurance.” Baldur suggested. “After all, Odin’s plans could easily be rather…sensitive. I fear the information I can share freely is rather…limited otherwise.”

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Beldyr Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:19 pm

Theurgia's smile faded at the mention of an impasse.  Surely there had to be more to it than that.  How did they expect to get any help if they kept interested parties in the dark.  By the sound of it, Aesir was going to make some sort of big statement, and truth be told Theurgia didn't like it.  One of the primary reasons The Salomonis and even the Crowley's themselves had maintained so much power for so long had to do with their subtly and secrecy.  It would be beyond foolish to throw that away on a plan some other organization had of which she knew nothing about.  "Then it seems we have nothing left to discuss."  Theurgia was about to signal Carnage to bring back in the guards when Baldur spoke again.  

Theurgia took a moment, considering what Baldur said. "You need insurance so that your plan doesn't get leaked, but I need insurance that this isn't just a waste of my time and resources.  I already agreed to support you with equipment for your operation, whatever it is.  With only that much I am not involved, but I still assist you nonetheless.  Regardless of whether we directly help you in your little ploy against the Foundation it would be in out best interest not to interfere.  IF we were to sell you out to the Foundation, at best we would get rid of an external organization and nothing more.  What could another criminal organization serve to gain by turning in another?  Certainly, it could get rid of a rival, but it would also draw more attention to yourself, along with no longer having said organization in action to draw fire.  So, as you can see, we have nothing to gain from exposing you, especially with how slippery you yourself are Ms. Baldur.  If you expect me to put forward more when we already stand to gain very little either way then perhaps you should seek help elsewhere.  We shall still maintain our trade agreement, but unless you give me something tangible to consider it would appear we are done here."  The Matron finished the contents of her glass and set it on the table.
Beldyr
Beldyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gungnir Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:16 pm

Baldur frowned, she was correct of course that there likely was little real reason currently for her organization to get more involved. He thought for a few moments, before letting out a drawn-out sigh. “I suppose there is some information I could part with.” He conceded. It was something he’d known was a possibility, but then, there was little real reason to hold onto what was essentially a ploy for potential leverage.

“The primary resource the Superhero Foundation relies on is trust.” He started. “The trust of the heroes associated, the trust of the public…an organization built on something so…undermining that trust naturally, would have to be the first step.” The young looking criminal revealed. Looking up at the woman with as serious as an expression his current form could truly give. “Of course, our plans would not stop there, however Aesir finds the best way to take care of such troublesome groups is to create the circumstances where they cannot muster proper support, were the SF to lose its funding, support, and authority. Its elimination will become far more…simple a matter.” Of course, such an effort would also give them time to muster their own strength. The plan itself would be slow to put into action not that such a thing mattered. Baldur was an immortal, patience was something he had in abundance, and of course the fact Aesir had been preparing for this for quite some time helped immensely.

“And of course, we plan on using the current conflicts within East Diamond to our advantage of course,” The immortal added. “As for the specifics involved in the plan, well such things are hardly appropriate to divulge in a single meeting.”

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Beldyr Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:51 pm

Theurgia listened intently to Baldur's explanation.  It was good that she finally conceded and revealed some semblance of what the plan was.  When Baldur finished speaking, she remained quiet for a few moments, contemplating her choices.  "Interesting."   She returned to silence once more before finally bringing out her thoughts.  "I see there is much merit to that sort of approach.  Certainly it seems quite a bit less endangering than a frontal assault.  If the populace begins to disapprove of the Foundation, they should naturally fall apart on their own."  She put her hand to her chin, thinking once more, before a smile creeped across your face.  "In that case you have drawn my attention.  In that case, you may consider us allies in this, if it pleases you.  I'd only request you not ask of us to do anything too blatant.  Supplying, espionage, and propaganda are our preferred methods."  She seemed much more pleased now that Baldur had revealed more details of the plan.  "It is indeed understandable that you will not reveal every aspect of your master plan, but at least I now know what to make of it.  That being the case, since I have tentatively joined on to your master plan against the heroes, is there anything more you would like to reveal to me?"
Beldyr
Beldyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gungnir Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:14 pm

Baldur fought the urge to keep the grin off his face as the matron seemed to have decided to support his plan. The Salomonis would be beyond beneficial when it came to the logistics of his plan, with enough influence to help, and while the extent of her organization’s support might not quite be clear at the moment. “There are logistical details, but those can be worked out at a later date. Outside of that, I suppose there are some other facts which I should shed light on.”

He wasn’t sure if he wanted all his allies to know the details of Aesir, but the Salomonis could easily take offense if it came forward at a later date, and the amount of behind the scenes planning they would no doubt be required for meant he couldn’t take any chances, and at some point the Matron would ask to speak with Odin himself.   “As this plan requires a level of…trust, I believe it best I reveal to you the truth regarding the true leader of Aesir, Odin himself was once…however I’m told most find it rather difficult to lead from the grave. Old age seems quiet an inconvenience." Baldur's eyes moved from either of the room's other occupants. He'd still have rather had a private audience with the Matron but then...it didn't matter too much. "Fortunately our current leader is less...limited by the constraints of age. immortality tends to help when running an organization such as Aesir."

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Beldyr Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:49 pm

Theurgia just sat there for a moment, clearly surprised by this news.  It seemed like the supposed leader of Aesir, Odin, was dead.  The inescapable hand of time apparently won out, and now there was a new leader, still using the position to his advantage.  Which would most likely mean... "An immortal, is it?  I suppose that is rather convenient in the long run.  I suppose congratulations are in order then, to your rather... unorthodox promotion."  This had to have been no light secret Baldur had just revealed.  Something like this may very well only be known to the upper echelons on Aesir.  At the very least this showed how much trust they needed to put in the Salomonis.  Something that should be rewarded in it's own right.  "It seems your situation may be rather precarious should such information leak.  I'm honored that you would divulge such a thing to me.  Seeing as we are going to be partners in these upcoming events, I think this warrants a little return gift."  The Matron reached up to her face and took hold of her mask.  Carnage immediately acted in surprise, suddenly more animated than he had been the entire time Baldur was there.  He spoke out for the first time, "Matron, are you sure you should reveal yourself?'.  He was clearly using a voice changer.  His voice was tenor and had an echo from the voice changer.  The Matron held up her free hand.  "Enough Carnage.  Times like this call for a certain amount of give."  Carnage resigned himself to her wishes as she pulled off her mask.  "My name is Theurgia.  Theurgia Crowley."

Old Friends, New Faces Tales_10
Beldyr
Beldyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gungnir Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Baldur raised a brow as his reveal was met in kind, and quite a reveal it was. It was rare for one like Baldur, far older than most with more than one lifetime’s worth of experience to be surprised, a rare treat when it did occur. Though he supposed the reveal that the Matron was in the end a notable public SF supporter made sense. “This is quite a surprise, though I suppose such a thing does make sense.” The immortal commented. He had already familiarized himself with most of the names tied the SF in terms of financing. A necessity really, as he was certain more than one would require more…direct persuading to pull out from funding the organization in question. “Though I suppose, it does make sense in it’s own way…A pleasure, Mrs. Crowley.” The immortal stated.

He of course, had a current alias to go with this body, though one that was far less…legitimate, the reveal of a Crowley on his side certainly was a pleasant surprise. As it could easily mean access to much less…easily accessible information. “I believe this agreement has become far more interesting.”

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Beldyr Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 pm

Theurgia smiled satisfactorily.  Her identity was not something she would give out lightly, especially to someone as slippery as Baldur.  However, depending on what they could accomplish with Aesir;s goals, it could be well worth it.  Bringing together the resources of Aesir and the Salomonis would certainly make a big impact.  "As you are probably aware, the Superhero Foundation, on occasion, solicits the assistance of my husband when they need help finding something or someone.  Naturally, who would suspect a family that not only donate to many charities, but also assists the heroes, to be the heads of a ancient crime syndicate.  Despite not officially being a part of the foundation itself, Almadel has their full trust and also access to information normally not so readily available.  As well... Goetia!"  Carnage turned his head towards the Matron, "Yes mother." and removed his hood and mask.  Long blond hair identical to the Matrons spilled out and as he pulled down his skull like mask, the darker skinned visage of a smiling man was revealed.  "This is my son.  You may request his services should you need them."  Goetia gave a deep bow, "Pleasure to officially make your acquaintance, Master Baldur."  His smile was a friendly one but certainly held an air of something being a bit off.
Beldyr
Beldyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gungnir Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:41 pm

“I’m sure he would be most helpful in our future endeavors.” Baldur commented. “and naturally, I’ve familiarized myself with the known allies the hero foundation, I had never imagined our arrangement to be quite so…fortuitous.” Of course, they would have to be cautious with such information. Using too much could easily reveal it’s source, while being overly cautious could cause them to hinder themselves unnecessarily. It would likely be interesting to see the information they could provide. “It’s been a pleasure, but there is much that still needs to be done. And I am sure you are a busy woman as well.” Baldur stated, standing up to leave.

“We will, of course be in contact.”

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down