Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Mean Streets and Neat Tricks. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Mean Streets and Neat Tricks. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Mean Streets and Neat Tricks. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Mean Streets and Neat Tricks. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Mean Streets and Neat Tricks. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Mean Streets and Neat Tricks. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Mean Streets and Neat Tricks. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Mean Streets and Neat Tricks. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Mean Streets and Neat Tricks. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Mean Streets and Neat Tricks.

2 posters

Go down

Mean Streets and Neat Tricks. Empty Mean Streets and Neat Tricks.

Post by Watson Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:14 pm

The sound of wheels against the pavement could was undoubtedly notable through the small area of shops, just at the bottom of a staircase, it was calm, despite the slightly crowded status of the shopping area in question. The peace and quite was shattered in a moment by a shout, as suddenly the somewhat short boy on a skateboard appeared at the top of the staircase, jumping into the air before landing on his board ontop of the handrail in the middle of the staircase.

Donovan yelled out as he continued his descent, grinding down the rail with a practiced ease. “Outta my way! Coming through!” The boy called out, landing in the center of a group as they rushed to make room, taking off just as quickly as he weaved through the crowd, The delinquent found the added challenge simply a way of making his ride all the more interesting, and besides, the ride would at least give him the time to think on some things. After all, his life had taken a bit of a turn, and now he was stuck having to deal with school again.

The first day had been annoying enough, with a teacher pointing out he was rather far behind, and had to share classes with those a year younger than him, and even then rumors of his former gang affiliations managed to get around. Donovan was getting sick of this crap with people giving him sideeye, as though the moment he wasn’t being watched he’d go mug some old lady or something.  Dumbasses.

The short boy likely attracted a bit attention from the mall crowd, especially give a sign on one wall forbidding exactly the action he was doing, though no security seemed to be around, and he knew what he was doing well enough to avoid running into anybody.

Last edited by Rangi Enki on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title edit)

Watson

Back to top Go down

Mean Streets and Neat Tricks. Empty Re: Mean Streets and Neat Tricks.

Post by Equilibrium Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Ah, retail therapy. The twin's third favorite pastime. Casually strolling through the shopping district, they were quickly making their way to one of their favorite shops (a clothing store, obviously) to drop likely far too much money on new outfits when they saw some commotion up ahead. They casually linked fingers with one another and cocked their heads towards each other.
Seems like some sort of panic going on ahead, doesn't it, loving sister? Yang thought.
Indeed it does, observant brother. Strange for something like this to happen here. Yin answered in their shared mind.
The two fanned out, taking up the vast majority of the sidewalk, as they always did, and began making their way to the crowd when a boy came rocketing out of it towards them on a skateboard, careening towards them on a crash course with the human barricade the two of them had unwittingly become. At the last moment, they unlaced their hands, stumbling backwards and to opposite sides of the sidewalk.
"HEY! Watch where you're going, delinquent!" The two shouted at him in unison, almost to the point where it was hard to tell there were two people speaking.

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

Post by Watson Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:06 am

Barely noticing the two he’d blitzed past, Donovan nonetheless was a bit annoyed at the shout behind him, or rather shouts…though he could barely tell it had been two people considering the voices had shouted the exact same thing at the same time. The former gang member skidded to a halt with little real effort, as he was used to doing similar, glancing back at the two shouting at him with an annoyed look. “Tch, maybe you two clowns should watch where you’re standing.”

The two of certainly looked the part, their clothes somehow being a mix of fancy and just plain out there enough to draw attention to them it indicated money well enough though, and that just made Donovan less likely to take the two, apparent siblings seriously. “Ain’t my fault if you’re in the way.” Donovan didn’t particularly appreciate being called a delinquent, especially by a couple of prissy-looking rich kids like these. He kicked the board up, catching it in his hand easy enough as he gave the two of them an annoyed look.

Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by Equilibrium Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:27 am

The twin's eyes widened at him. "Not your fault?" Yin asked, her tone one of someone clearly offended.
"It most certainly is, you buffoon." Yang added.
"This is a highly busy part of town, and always has been. Lots of foot traffic, people taking their time and the like-"
"-And you decide to come skating through at top speeds in a part of town clearly forbidding skateboarding-"
"And it's OUR fault for not expecting a moron to come flying at us on a plank of wood? HAH! We think not!" They ended in unison.
"Such a foolish boy, thinking he can sidestep blame when he himself is clearly and intentionally violating the rules, don't you think, dearest brother?" Yin asked her brother, her voice still well loud enough for Donovan to hear.
"Incredibly foolish, perfect sister." Yang agreed, appearing to carry on a conversation with his sister about Donovan while he was very much present. "It almost seems like he's looking for trouble."

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

Post by Watson Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Donovan had never been the calmest of people, and while he might have been willing to admit he was probably more at fault than the twins, the insults however, irked at his temper, he'd been ready to continue on his way before hearing them, but instead was prompted to make an actual response.

"The hell did ya just say?!?" Donovan growled, he hated being looked down on, and right now it seemed the two nuisances were doin just that The fact they were talking more to each other than actually addressing him only made it more grating. Then there was the creepy aspect of it, as the two of them were acting damn weird.

"Don't jus' talk about me like I ain't here!" He snapped, moving closer to the two, though he made no real hostile action. AS annoyed as he was, he didnt need to be causing serious trouble. He calmed himself down, his first unclenching. "Like you'd understand anyway, lookin' for trouble ain't the same as lookin' to challenge yourself."

Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by Equilibrium Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:38 pm

The twins instinctively stepped closer to one another as the boy took an aggressive step towards them, casually raising an eyebrow at him; the initial frustration of nearly being ran into was wearing off, and now they were more intrigued by the boy and his... behavior. As he finished speaking both of their eyes widened slightly.
"I suppose he is right in a way, my beloved brother."
"Indeed. We haven't been challenged in quite some time, perfect sister of mine."
"Though, that is likely because things simply come to us very naturally."
"Unlike this boy, who seems to struggle with the basic concept of common decency."
The twins laughed, reveling in his obvious annoyance while seeming completely oblivious to their own blatant hypocrisy of their last statement. "But to you, boy, yes, we acknowledge there is a difference." Yin continued, addressing Donovan again.
"But breaking rules and attempting physical harm through reckless behavior such as yours..."
"That's not seeking a challenge. That's seeking trouble and punishment." They concluded in unison again, smiling condescendingly at him as though they had just finished explaining a simple concept to a child.

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

Post by Watson Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:29 pm

They were doing it again, dammit. Donovan felt his frustration only building more as the two continued talking to each other, their words themselves were dripping with condescension, and it only served to egg the hotheaded punk onward even more. His fists clenched and unclenched as he fought himself for self-control, despite how pissed off he got, he knew he couldn’t go beating up rich kids, especially prissy looking ones like these that probably couldn’t really fight.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” He snapped once again his tone once again aggressive and his voice raising slightlyd, scowling at either twin, they weren’t necessarily wrong that he could have found a better way to go about it, or at least been more cautious, not that Donovan was willing to admit it right now,. The skateboard was now left more or less unattended, and Donovan had finished approaching the two. "There aint nothin' makes you any better than me."

Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by Equilibrium Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:44 pm

The twins held their ground as Donovan approached them, a full grin on each of their faces. "If you wished to know who we are, you could've asked in a more polite tone. But, since we do not hold grudges for something so small, we shall introduce ourselves." Yang cooed. He gestured with his free hand towards his sister. "This here is my beautiful sister, Yin Equilan."
Yin bowed her head in greeting as Yang introduced her, then mirrored her brother's gesture to him. "And this here is my wonderful brother, Yang Equilan." Once again, Yang mirrored his sister's head bow to greet Donovan.
"And, for the record, there is a significant deal that makes us better than you."
"Everything, in fact." The two of them answered in unison, stating it as a casual fact.
"We can maintain our temper in far more sophisticated fashion than you, displaying a superiority in self-control and character." Yin explained.
"Our clothes are cleaner and of higher quality, displaying superior hygiene, wealth, and taste."
"We have used nothing but complete sentences with proper diction, while you have dropped off several words and letters throughout your ranting. 'Ain't' isn't even an actual word. This displays our superior schooling and intellect."
"In short, everything that we have learned from you in this short interaction has left us nearly overwhelmed with how painfully below average you are." After finishing together again, the two laughed loudly, an empty stage laugh, fitting considering the small crowd the three of them were drawing. The twins always enjoyed putting on a show.

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

Post by Watson Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:12 pm

The two had managed to really piss him off now, Donovan didn’t even notice the crowd, let alone a handful of familiar faces that had managed their way through the crowd. Three of them in fact, two of which had already moved through the crowd to cut off any possible retreat.  To Donovan, nothing mattered right now except shutting up the two nuisances in front of him. His hand shot out to grab the boy, the taller of the two by the collar. “You’re pissing me off…” He’d growl if his grab was successful, only for a voice to ring out that was unfortunately familiar.  “Well, well, look who it is, old Donny boy out and about eh?” The voice said.

The twins would likely see a taller man that looked to be in his late teens, perhaps early twenties with a cigarette sticking out of his mouth. The man wore a tacky looking Hawaiian shirt that was left open to reveal a red undershirt, slicked back, dark brown hair and a pair of sunglasses. Some light stubble on the man’s face present as well.  The other two wore normal street wear primarily, but were also younger looking, definitely subordinates as there was little distinguishable about them or noteworthy..

The man flicked his cigarette away after one less drag from it, crushing it under his shoe as he approached. “and he’s even gone and made some new friends,” The gang member commented, looking at the two rich kids. “What do ya say we kick his ass right here? You two can even join in, if you want.” The gangster nodded to his thugs, both of whom would step up to grab at Donnovan, who didn’t have near enough time to react to their sudden appearance.

Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by Equilibrium Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:41 pm

The twins' faces shifted as Donovan made a grab for Yang. They batted his hand away and opened their mouths to chastise him when the man in the Hawaiian shirt showed up and started talking about "Donny", who they quickly realized was the boy they were having fun with. They stepped back in surprise as his two subordinates grabbed the boy, looking from one thug to the other. When the leader offered for them to join, a disgusted sneer appeared on both of their faces. A man smelling of tobacco and announcing violence in a public setting wants us to join his side, sister sweet?
It seems so, brother kind. How repulsive. I vote we decline.
Agreed.
Almost as fast as the twins' sneers arrived, they vanished, replaced with their cocky smiles. "Ah, we think we understand the point you were making about seeking trouble versus a challenge." Yin exclaimed calmly, as though violence wasn't unfolding in front of them.
"Someone seeking a challenge is willing to overlook conventions in the name of risk.."
"Whereas someone looking for trouble is almost always seeking... Punishment." They finished in unison, each one smirking at a different subordinate. They raised their free hands to point at the two lesser men, and before giving either a chance to react, unleashed a ball of energy that hurdled at them far too quickly to be dodged at this range. The orbs exploded with a loud POP, burning any exposed skin that was hit and almost definitely causing them to release Donovan. The two raised their palms upwards, generating a second orb each. "We find your interference quite rude. We were having a perfectly lovely conversation with a reasonable, if hot-headed and uneducated young man..."
"When you decided to shove your ugly, tobacco-smoking mug where it doesn't belong, isn't wanted, and isn't appreciated."
"So... If you wouldn't mind leaving us to it, that would be delightful." The two smiled politely at the man in the Hawaiian shirt, black and white orbs of energy flickering faintly in their palms as they awaited his response.

Last edited by Equilibrium on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

Post by Watson Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:24 pm

The thugs had no real time to dodge, and as soon as he was released, Donovan was smart enough to capitalize on the opening left incase one or the other was feeling brave. One, wearing a tanktop was leaning down a bit while clutching a fresh burn, and Donovan’s drove an elbow into the guy’s solar plexus, with enough force to knock the wind out of him at least. “The hell, nobody told us nothing about no powers bein’ involved.” The other shouted, deciding to cut his loses, his friend right behind him. He knew enough to know he wasn’t going to win a lot of fights just trying to outmuscle his opponents, but then he’d learned early on learning how to actually win a fight was much more important.

“You really think ya can take’em and me alone Jackson?” Donovan taunted, noting that the Hawaiian shirt clad gangster seemed to be considering it for a moment, before he suddenly raised his hands in an apparent gesture of surrender. “I’m sure we can sort this out some other time, as…gentlemen.” The gangster said as he seemingly continued walking, before looking back at the twins with a grin. “and don’t worry, I’ll make sure to find you two next.” The threat in his words evident.

Donovan frowned, realizing he’d likely just gotten his ass saved by the two twins, much as he would rather not admit it, it wasn’t like he could deny it either. Still he’d worry about that after, for now more focused on keeping an eye on Jackson as the Hawaiian shirt wearing gangster made his exit.

Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by Equilibrium Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:57 pm

The twins opened their mouths in mock surprise and offense. "Like gentlemen?" Yang asked, interjecting himself and his sister into a comment not directed at them. "My delightful sister is very much present and a part of this!"
"And besides, you neither look nor behave like a gentlemen, so the fact you would invoke such a term is an insult to those who actually are, like my darling brother."
The twins narrowed their eyes and spoke in unison. "And why bother finding us? We are right here, and not trying to hide." As if to illustrate this point, the two released their hands from one another and stood on either side of and slightly in front of Donovan. "You're clearly a common street thug who has eluded capture for far too long. So we shall aid the police force of our fine city and enact our civil duty." The twins turned their arms to face Jackson, firing directly at his legs. "Go looking for trouble, expect to find punishment."

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

Post by Watson Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:52 pm

Donovan couldn’t help the smirk on his face when the twins seemed to decide to interject, twins or not he’d never been on friendly terms with Jackson in the gang, and the guy certainly hadn’t made a secret of it with that superior attitude. He hadn’t necessarily been too high up in the gang, but high enough to make things difficult for the newer members that ended up stuck under him, as Donovan had learned first-hand.

Still the gangster was somewhat more-savvy than average, almost managing to avoid the attacks, perhaps simply due to the warning he’d been given. Either way, Donovan followed the lead of the two, though with no magical energy attacks he instead ent with a more direct approach, a yell of "Bastard!" being the only warning before he tackled the disabled gangster to the ground, pinning him and pressing his weight on the guy, making sure to dig his foot into where the twins burned him when the guy tried to struggle. Donovan heard someone yell out, and suddenly a cop was there with them. Before he could really do anything though, he suddenly felt something fastened onto his wrist, before either of his hands were wrenched back and cuffed. Donovan glared up at the cop as his partner helped Jackson up himself, though not before cuffing him as well after a quick word from his more experienced looking partner.

Donovan fought the urge to lash out, figuring that’d probably make this go worse, though he couldn’t help at least speaking out verbally.   “I aint done nothin’!” he protested, only to receive an eyeroll in response.

Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by Equilibrium Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:14 pm

The twins raised an eyebrow each, impressed at Donovan's quick followup to their attack. They lowered their arms and ceased their attacks, not wanting to hurt the boy, but also wanting to see how the situation would play out. Unfortunately, the tussle was over just as quickly as it had begun when the cops intervened, handcuffing the gangsters, as well as Donovan for some reason. Immediately, the twins stepped forward, not wanting to miss out on this opportunity.
"Apart from butchering the English language, officer, the boy is right." Yang interjected on Donovan's behalf.
"As I'm sure the crowd can attest, he was conversing with us when these three jumped him." Yin added.
"Surely you're not in the habit of handcuffing people for defending themselves when physically assaulted nowadays, are you?"
"Please, officer. He's with us. We can vouch for him; let him go."
The twins smiled politely at the officer holding Donovan as the other three gangsters were taken away, waiting patiently for his response.

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

Post by Watson Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:39 pm

Donovan had figured this would go as bad as it could, his probation officer would probably just have him tossed back into Juvie, and then he’d have deal with that shit again. Hell it could get worse, since they’d probably write him off as a snitch, something which could make life much more dangerous. Only for the two rich kids to end up doing the last thing he would have expected. Mostly actually vouching for him, a situation he hadn’t expected, and really didn’t know what to say about. The officer grudgingly uncuffed him after a moment, seemingly assuming the twins to be trustworthy, whereas they hadn’t with him for some damn reason. A short conversation had seemed to take place, but Donovan only heard a few bits and pieces before he was uncuffed.

“We might need him to come in later for further questioning.” The more experienced officer offered, not yet letting go of him at the moment. Donovan grudgingly giving them his information before nearly being dismissed as the two police hauled off Jackson, leaving him with the strange twins. “tch..dumbasses.” He muttered looking at the cops as they departed. For once he hadn’t even done anything worth arresting him over. Which brought his mind back to the only reason he hadn’t been arrested, or worse.

“…alright, guess I’m…” He started before stopping, as if trying to decide how to finish the thought. “Wwhatever, I guess I owe you guys or somethin’” He decided, not really being used to apologizing. As annoying as the twins seemed to be, he probably couldn’t have gotten out of that on his own. The thugs or the police that followed if he were being honest. Somehow, he had a bad feeling about this, but he couldn’t exactly ignore the fact they’d just pulled his ass out of the fire.

Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by Equilibrium Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:53 pm

The twins nodded at the police, giving them their information as well, stating that they "were intimately involved with the scenario that unfolded". They politely waved to the police as they left, and finally turned to the boy, who's name they finally learned when he gave his information to the officer. He muttered out a grudging apology, or something resembling one. A cold grin appeared on both of their faces.
"Did you hear him, sister beloved? Donovan here guesses he's indebted to us."
"For all his flaws, he certainly seems to be good at making educated guesses, brother darling."
They each gently placed a hand on his shoulders, smiling at him. "Yes, indeed, Donovan. You do owe us. We saved you from being jumped, and then wrongfully imprisoned. And believe us when we say we believe all debts should be payed." They announced in unison, their cadence almost melodic as they lorded this over him. "You said you go to Alabaster High, yes? A fortunate coincidence we go there too. We'll track you down when we need something." With that, the two of them stepped away from him. Yang stepped on Donovan's skateboard and kicked it back in his direction.
"Though, since we intend to be around you more often, we do request that you start at least attempting to better yourself." He explained with mild disgust.
"Not skating in crowded areas and making an attempt to have decent grammar and diction would be a wonderful place to start."
The two giggled and began to walk off; they still had shopping to do, after all.

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down