Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Charon - Neal Crane I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Charon - Neal Crane I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Charon - Neal Crane I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Charon - Neal Crane I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Charon - Neal Crane I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Charon - Neal Crane I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Charon - Neal Crane I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Charon - Neal Crane I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Charon - Neal Crane I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Charon - Neal Crane

2 posters

Go down

Charon - Neal Crane Empty Charon - Neal Crane

Post by Charon Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:05 am

Charon - Neal Crane Superthumb

General Information

Name: Neal Crane
Alias: Charon
Gender/Sex: Male
Sexuality: Straight
Height: 178 cms/5'10"
Weight: 90 kgs/200 pounds

Behavioral Information

Alignment: Evil, Chaotic, Mean
Personality: Having been raised through cruelty, Neal is the kind of person that doesn't care what it takes to get what he wants. In his limited world, he only looks out for himself and a few of the other members of his street crew, though always putting himself as the first priority. While not much of a fighter yet, Neal uses his power to intimidate and scare others. He firmly believes that the fear and threat of violence are often good enough deterrents. Because of this, he often seems over confident or cruel. He rarely shows any sort of a soft or kind side, believing that the world does nothing but take advantage of those they deem "soft" .

Dislikes: People who put themselves in danger just to be "brave", leaders that mistreat subordinates, anyone that insults his mask or face.

Background
Neal had a fairly normal childhood growing up, or at least he thought so. While most people looked to their father as an idol, Neal always saw his father as someone to be feared. The man had a temper and would often take out his frustrations on Neal or his mother. As Neal got older, he felt that it was his job to protect his mother. However, he never had the chance as she left in the middle of the night when Neal was still young. Now angrier than ever, Neal's father took all of his anger out on the young boy. After a particularly bad day of work and a full night of drinking, Neal's father came home and attacked him. Neal tried to defend himself. However, even drunk his father was too strong for him. Taking an iron from a fire, Neal's father branded his son with a mark across his face. Neal didn't remember much after that, he only remembered picking up the iron and stabbing it through his father's chest.

After killing his father Neal knew that he had to leave. He became homeless in the streets and was soon taken in by a gang. Watching them work everyday, he saw that only the strong and powerful could survive and he worked to make sure he could be one of those survivors. Like many others, Neal developed a power. At first it was subtle, but he soon realized that it was something he could project. His power made people fear him, and he could use that to gain a great number of things. Now wearing a mask to hide his injuries and going by his new name of  Charon, this young man seeks to claim the life he always wanted: one where he never had to be afraid of anyone again.

He would do anything it took to feel that safety again.

Superhuman Information

Power Holder?: Yes

Nightmare Realm: By removing his mask to show his burned face, Charon is able to create a circle of paranoia around him. Measuring at about a 20 feet diameter, the field causes anyone besides Charon to feel a strong and sudden sense of paranoia. Charon mainly uses this to bully and interrogate others in order to gain information or desired items from them. Those affected are not able to explain or justify the paranoia, but it only leaves when Charon deactivates his power or they leave the Nightmare Realm. However, they can resist it if they know its an effect and will it away.

Last edited by Charon on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Charon - Neal Crane Empty Re: Charon - Neal Crane

Post by Admin Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:27 am

Quickly, Admin! It's time for a power breakdown

Nightmare Realm
Pros
Mind Control type ability (2 Major)
Area of Effect (Major)
Subtle (Circle is not stated to be visible, and I would presume it isn't)

Cons
Limited to emotion control, further limited to a specific emotion. (2 Major - Will take two points to buy off)

This requires another major drawback or flaw, as well as something minor to balance out the lack of visibility of the circle.

My recommendation would be to take the stock mind control weakness of "They can resist it if they know its an effect and will it away." I say this because it's a basic example, basically states what's going to happen already (most players aren't kosher with being afraid for no reason, or having their characters controlled, and are allowed to break out of mind control effects on the norm), and still allows the power to affect NPCs narratively in the manner you're looking for, as well as the odd player character who allows it IC.

As far as a minor drawback, perhaps make it require a gesture, like snapping your fingers?

Please make these edits.

Also, I've gotta give you the same warning I give other people who are older in age. Starting older gives you no more agency, knowledge, experience, or skill with your powers than any other starting character. If you're fine with this, please state so.

Admin
Admin

https://evolutioncity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:31 pm

Thank you for checking this over so quickly. Appreciate the help and feedback Smile

I took your suggestions and added that Charon activates the power by removing his mask to show the burned parts of his face. Along with this I added the effect of "willing it away" as you mentioned.

I am also totally understanding that my age provides me with no advantages. I merely wanted to play an older character that's gone through some extremely hard times and can justify just exactly why he's going down this dark path.

I think I changed everything as you asked, but if I missed anything please let me know.
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:14 pm

Alright, fantastic. Every thing seems to be in order now. This character is...

APPROVED

Admin
Admin

https://evolutioncity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down