Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Killing Time I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Killing Time I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Killing Time I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Killing Time I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Killing Time I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Killing Time I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Killing Time I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Killing Time I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Killing Time I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Killing Time

2 posters

Go down

Killing Time Empty Killing Time

Post by Dranous Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:20 pm

Jet sat upside down on a couch of an abandoned building, head inches from the floor. He had a book in his hands, obviously skimming through the content based on how fast he was going through. He went to turn the page, but ripped it clean from the book instead, dropping it gently to the rest of the scattered pieces of paper on the floor. The room was mostly vacant save for the couch Jet lazily lay on and a pair of cushioned chairs across the room. Light streamed through the glass and a subtle breeze drifted through the broken window. Jet was the only one in the room, but not the only one in the building. Several of Jet's other gangmates hung around the building, some actively on guard for intruders. Jet knew there was at least one guy right outside the door for some reason. If someone was going to break in, Jet preferred they go straight to him. It was easier for him to time things when he managed them himself, and it would be much more fun to entertain a "guest" than just sitting around.

The last few days Jet had nothing to do. He had finished all the jobs Valerie sent him to do and hadn't been able to meet her face to face since then. Jet was about ready to blow up a building just to watch it fall. Would this one be good? Nah, Valerie wouldn't be too happy with me if I did that. We just set up in this place. Finally, Valerie was supposed to be showing up today. Whether she had a job, wanted to give an update, or just shooting the breeze, Jet didn't care. Things were always interesting with Valerie around, and she always knew how to handle a situation the right way. Jet briefly wondered how long he would have lasted in Oz if it weren't for Valerie. He probably would have snapped one day, and then been hunted down by Oz on his own. Not an ideal scenario. But it hadn't happened, and things were looking quite bright for the lot of them. Soon. Jet was getting closer to his goal, with Valerie's help. Jet continued to wait, tearing out pages instead of flipping the page as he went along.
Dranous
Dranous

Back to top Go down

Killing Time Empty Re: Killing Time

Post by Vexation Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:28 pm

Jet didn't have to wait too long before the door opened, the Wicked Witch of the East standing in the doorway like she owned the place. In a way, she did. She had a cigarette perched in lips, and she looked over her sunglasses at Jet sprawled on the couch, surrounded by torn pages. She smiled; he was bored, and that was good. Jet was a good kid, and a wonderful lieutenant, but was most potent when bored. And she needed potency these next few days.
"Tsk, tsk." She tutted at him, her tone clearly more light-hearted joshing than actual chastising. "Someone went through all that hard work to put that book together and you're just ripping it up? It's almost like you're a vandal by trade." A grin spread across her face. "So sorry to keep you waiting, Jet. How've you been?" She sauntered over to the couch as she spoke, sitting down next to him and clapping his foot at the head of the sofa in greeting.
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dranous Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:51 pm

"Ah, Valerie!" A grin appeared on his face at her arrival.  He watched her walk over to the couch while playfully reprimanding him.  "A vandal?  I'd prefer 'illegal editor'.  All I do is fix things.  No one likes a predictable story, so I just," Jet motioned to the many pages spread haphazardly around him, "mix things up a bit."  As she sat down next to him and clapped his foot, Jet closed the half empty book and gently laid it on the floor.  He let his arms hang behind his head.

"It's been so booooring lately.  That last job you had for me was mind numbing.  The people there were all morons.  It was so easy to set them into my trap, and they had no idea.  And Oz still thinks my power is to shoot explosions from my fingers.  It's laughable.  Honestly the best part is faking them out like I'm going to blast them, and then not doing it.  Only for the bomb to go off and just see them despair.  But they didn't even make it a challenge for me!  Even the people here stopped playing chess with me, claiming I always win."  Jet was pouting a bit at this point, but was clearly relaxed and open about everything.

After a moment Jet looked back over to Valerie, "So how are things going on your end? Anything fun?"
Dranous
Dranous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Valerie smirked as Jet regaled her with his tales of exploits, trickery, and murder. That was one of the things she liked about him; never a dull moment with him, and he always liked to keep things interesting. Exactly why she made him an officer in her splinter group in the first place, really. She had nearly finished her cigarette when he asked her how she was. A sick grin spread across her face. "Oh, things are going swimmingly on all fronts for me. I got a new pair of shoes yesterday!" She said, moving her foot so they were in Jet's field of view; they were, like most of her shoes, thick, leather combat boots. "The guy I took them from wasn't using them anymore, and they were just my size, so it was a good day." She laughed and leaned back. "Apart from that, things are going well. Making more contacts, the war with Oz is going well, and, oh! You remember I was telling you about that shitstain, Tang? One of my contacts just spat in his face something awful. I think we just put him a million dollars or so behind!" A grin spread across her face, and she tossed the cigarette butt onto the floor. "I think you'll like this guy, Jet. A bit cut-and-clean professional for our tastes, but damn if he doesn't do the job right. Speaking of him and jobs, would you mind if I set you and a few of our boys up on a playdate with him? Take him back over to the old Oz playgrounds, introduce him to some of our old friends..." She shifted her eyes to him, a wicked and knowing look on her face as she floated the idea to him. She knew that Jet was starving for action, so the idea of going into Oz stomping grounds with a large team and a third party contact would certainly whet his appetite.
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dranous Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:33 pm

As Valerie showed off her new boots Jet beamed at them, "Ooo, great style!  He must have had great taste." Jet nodded and flashed a knowing smirk.  "Oh, so this guy actually made it back alive from Tang's candy shop?  That's rare from someone as uptight and secure as he is.  It's about time that pompous white-collar finally got shook up.  So did this guy bring back any sweets?"  Jet's eyes glowed, as if he was actually a child expecting candy, but was really hoping for exciting details.

"Cut-and-clean?  How mundane.  But if he can put on a show, I guess that's good enough.  But a team, huh?"  Jet rubbed his chin in thought before flashing a smile belonging only to a sadist, "I suppose working around a team should mix up my planning a bit.  Plus I'll get to see this guy in action, and maybe even play with some big shots again.  I hope Gasper is around.  It should be fun to mess with him, just like old times."  In a quick motion, Jet rotated and sat straight up, one arm moving around the back of the couch, maintaining his relaxed demeanor.  "So, when do I meet this candy shop raider?"
Dranous
Dranous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:45 pm

Valerie patted Jet's foot as he compared psychologically destroyed individuals to sugary sweets. "Yes, he came back with a sweet. One that apparently took a liking to him; and you'll be meeting both of them in about one week, when it's time for the job to go down." She stood up and walked to the far side of the room. "Do you remember Jia? Oz contact, corrupt cops and the like. And I'm sure you remember Vernon; contact who sold the big guns. BIG. Guns. Military grade. Well, those two, and maybe one or two others, are getting quite nervous about our... shenanigans. The Oz higher ups are wanting to assure them that our splintering from the group and harassment of them is nothing more than a passing nuisance, nothing that they should concern themselves with." Valerie turned back to Jet and peered at him over her sunglasses, raising an eyebrow incredulously. "I think the job I want done here is self-explanatory, yes?"
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dranous Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:01 am

"Ah, Vernon, that old man? Happy to hear he hasn't croaked yet.  And of course I remember Jia.  He was always so stiff, like he thought someone was gonna stab him."  At the comment of Oz saying Valerie's splinter group was just a passing nuisance Jet gave a quiet giggle.  It was always fun to break expectation.  That moment people realize things don't go like they thought it would is always an exquisite moment.  To Valerie's question Jet responded, "Naturally.  The worst that will come to them is a bit of a fright.  Hopefully a jump scare.  I presume everyone else is free game though?"  Jet gave her a sideways glance, a hopeful smile on his face.
Dranous
Dranous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:09 am

Valerie's incredulous look faded to a content smile. "As free as everything else is in East Diamond. Yours for the taking only if you've the strength to take it." These words she uttered were ones she had said multiple times before, a sermon of hers, a speech she had given before multiple fights, before she declared her and her followers independence from the mundanity of Oz; she knew these words stirred Jet to the core, and was excited to see the results they would have this time around. "One more, quite important thing. As I said, the contact, Sai is his name, stole a girl from Shoushan, and she follows him like a puppy now. Make sure Jia sees her, and knows that we are capable of standing against his dearest brother. If that doesn't get Jia on board with us, nothing will. Make sure Sai knows this as well. You do the talking to the contacts; you've a way with words. Keep them alive, but let them know that Oz is a sinking ship." Normally she would conclude by offering some reward for a job well done, but for Jet, the job often times was the reward. A true East Diamonder, through and through, like her. Their kind was what belonged here; together, they could fix this district.
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dranous Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:31 am

Jet stared at Valerie as if in awe.  Out of everyone Jet had ever met, her words always seemed the most true, the most correct.  As many times as he had hard her say the same line before, he never got tired of it.  It spoke of the freedom, and the tumult, that made the world as it should be.  It was clear he was quite determined now, and even more excited after Valerie gave him free reign.  When Valerie mentioned showing Jia the stolen girl from Shoushan Jet laughed loudly, "That's sure to be a kicker.  Even without knocking out Oz, if he feels more safe from the candy man with us, he's sure to hop on board.  This girl might be a bit difficult.  Keeping her alive if things get heated isn't going to be easy. I'm not exactly the best at protecting after all.  And if it's between the girl and the contacts I'd choose the contact.  Though, I'll try to make sure she at least makes it to the office in one piece." Already Jet was beginning to think of infiltration plans. Of course, he couldn't take into account all the details yet, given he didn't even know what this Sai guy could do or who else was on the team, but he couldn't contain himself.
Dranous
Dranous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:58 am

Valerie nodded. "Of course, the contacts take priority. Sai should be able to take care of his own luggage, just make sure Jia doesn't bolt before seeing her." She grinned, overjoyed at Jet's reaction to her words. "I'm thinking of sending you in with Lazy Eye, Mort, and Sunshine. Lazy Eye's got the agility you need to take out the guards on the outside and keep surprise around until you can blow a hole in the side of the building, Mort's a brick wall, and Sunshine, well... She's been itching for something to do about as hard as you have, and I can't say no to her. Such a sweet girl."
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dranous Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:11 am

"Oh?  I like it.  I haven't seen Sunshine in a while.  I'm sure the lot of us will have some fun.  So what can this Sai do?  Whats his specialty and ability?"  As it was, those three should be able to buy him enough time to let the bombs go off, but the more breathing room they had, the smoother things could go.  Or at least the more chaos they could reap along the way.  "Has this guys ever dealt with supers before?  And speaking of, have you told him about me yet?"
Dranous
Dranous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:17 am

Valerie walked back to the couch and sat back down. "He's a merc. Uses guns, a knife, and anything else lying around. He went into one of Shoushan's warehouses with a knife and a handgun, and walked out on a pile of corpses with a pet. I don't know what exactly he does, but I don't really need to. He's like you in that way, I suppose; I just put you in a room, make a request, and close the door. When the door opens, everything's how it should be." She leaned back and smiled, pulling out another cigarette. "He's dealt with supers, yes. Killed one on a drug raid against Oz. And apparently the girl with him is one, too. Strength or something, it seems. So he's loosely versed. Not sure how he'll deal with one as potent as you, buuuuut..." She shrugged. "If he can't keep on his feet, then he's not cut out for East Diamond, is he?" She shook her head. "He's a third party contact. I've not let him in on much of anything about our little group. I've told him he'll be working with a small team on this assignment, including one of my lieutenants. I'll leave introductions to you. You always do make a good first impression."
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dranous Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:36 am

"An improviser huh?  Sounds like my kinda man.  A man who can't think on his feet isn't suited for our line of work."  Jet listened curiously as Valerie explained about Sai's experience with supers.  "One of Oz's supers?  Any idea who it was?  Let's see there was Robin, Terry,.. hmm, I remember those two the best. Well, I hope he doesn't take out all the supers himself. It leaves me out of the fun."  Jet showed a look of mild concern, but it was quickly replaced as he moved on to a more interesting thought, "So this girl is a super too?  Maybe we can use her as well.  Super strength is always useful to have around.  Either way I'll figure out how much I need to tell him when we meet.  I probably shouldn't tell him all my secrets, just in case."  Jet gave a wink.  He pulled his legs up and draped his arms over his knees.  "So when am I going to be introduced to Sai and his pet?"
Dranous
Dranous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:54 am

Valerie shrugged. "He never said who it was, or their powers, unfortunately. And you'll get to meet these two in about a week. Next Tuesday, to be precise. That's when the meeting is happening. Do you remember the old Gravy Train Motel? That's where the meeting is taking place. You figure out the rendezvous point, and I'll pass it along to Sai. Sound good?" She smirked and didn't wait for a reply before standing up. "Welp. I've got to get moving. I've got a full evening. I need to go grocery shopping, then I've got a dinner reservation at the Fireopal at six thirty, a mole to kill by eight, some contacts to meet, and I still need to get another pack. Do you realize how few places carry my brand of cigarette anymore?" She clucked her tongue. "Shameful."
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum