Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Part 2 - Characters and Powers -- The Basics I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Part 2 - Characters and Powers -- The Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Part 2 - Characters and Powers -- The Basics I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Part 2 - Characters and Powers -- The Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Part 2 - Characters and Powers -- The Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Part 2 - Characters and Powers -- The Basics I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Part 2 - Characters and Powers -- The Basics I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Part 2 - Characters and Powers -- The Basics I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Part 2 - Characters and Powers -- The Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Part 2 - Characters and Powers -- The Basics

Go down

Part 2 - Characters and Powers -- The Basics Empty Part 2 - Characters and Powers -- The Basics

Post by Admin Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:42 pm

Character Rules

-This is a one-character-per-account forum, meaning you may have multiple characters, but for the sake of us looking good, they must each be made on separately registered accounts.

-You may have as many characters as you feel you can handle, so long as they are all sufficiently active.

-No Mary Sues/Marty Stus: I need none of them here.
A Mary Sue is a character who is so perfect they are annoying.
Mary Sue/Marty Stu:

Here, the same general view apply, most likely without all the romance stuff. I've got a sharp eye for these kinds of characters. Depending on just how bad the Mary Sue levels are, the warning for it will be worse. Mary Sues/Marty Stus are bad writing. Don't make them.

Fun Link:

-When filling out the template, make sure the information is provided outside of the bold code. Also, please delete the information outside of the bold code before adding in your own.

Basic Power Rules

-Basic Powers are in essence, singular, linear powers with very conditional real life use, with a number of drawbacks and limitations. They start very small in scope and capabilities by nature, and are often further restricted by other limitations meant to make them balanced with other starting powers. One could say that the more potential that a power has in the future, the more restricted it is at the beginning.

-The following are examples of some typical basic powers and the expected amount of limitations to a given power.

Fire Manipulation:

Barrier Generation:

Interaction Powers:

Super Speed:

Lycanthropy:

More Powerful Powers:

Other Simple Powers:

-Your character cannot have had their power all their life. It awakens during high school in either Freshman or Sophomore year.

-Basic Powers are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, but as a rule of thumb, we don't like Basic Powers that have too many restrictions and benefits to begin with. Try not to have powers like "6 seconds of super strength every day" since that sort of ruins the feel of the site we're going for. Even if it does ramp up the super strength to ridiculous levels, it's not what we were going for when the site was conceptualized.

-This site is going to run on an honor system, meaning that we only hold people to their word, and will try not to ban powers outright. You can get away with having a whole lot of power on this site, especially at later levels, but for all intents and purposes this site is a freeform narrative roleplay, and thusly a lot of player interaction will be going on, and not a whole lot will be in place to stop anything from going sideways asides some core rules (See Part 1), and personal integrity of the player you're RPing with. We apologize ahead of time if people get really gung-ho with their powers, and if it gets out of hand, we'll likely establish a more exacting and cohesive system.

*"Amount" is a relative term specifying a general or specific quantity that best represent's a power's upper limits at the current level. Some powers have multiple "Amounts" including Distance, Weight, Volume, Time, among other things, while others are sort of abstract and only have one "Amount". Defensive powers have a 'Bullet Threshold', Mind Powers have a Target Cap.

You can use any unit of measurement you wish for measurable "Amounts", but if you are getting really abstract or subjective (such as seen in Fire Manipulation spoiler with "Tribal Bonfire" and "Campfire") you should provide an image with recognizable measurements  to compare to (Banana for scale)

Amounts that are not stated are, depending on the power, assumed to be irrelevant or unaugmented (weight on Fire Manipulation, Time on Super Speed), unlimited by the power (perception range on Fire Manipulation being implied, Time on Flight), or minimum/negligible (Range on Transformation defaulting to Touch, Talent defaulting to augmenting only oneself)

Typically, certain keywords will trigger what is done, such as "in the area" typically implies the ability will have perception-based range unless stated otherwise, but would sometimes otherwise default to "that they touch". Things that are irrelevant are typically assumed such because adding in such stipulations to a power wouldn't even change anything about the power's basic nature, like weight limitations for manipulating fire (which only sometimes has weight).

If a question about an unstated amount comes up in regards to an individual power, just ask a staff member to rule on it.

Admin
Admin

https://evolutioncity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down