Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Everything at a Cost I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Everything at a Cost I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Everything at a Cost I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Everything at a Cost I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Everything at a Cost I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Everything at a Cost I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Everything at a Cost I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Everything at a Cost I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Everything at a Cost I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Everything at a Cost

2 posters

Go down

Everything at a Cost Empty Everything at a Cost

Post by Charon Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Charon tapped his fingers against the tabletop impatiently, knowing that this was a meeting he didn't want delayed. Jia had been contacted as soon as Marcus had been captured, but the man had yet to arrive at The Golden Dragon. Marcus had been in the North District and was attacked by a few rival gang members that recognized him as one of Charon's men. Since they were in the North District the police actually arrived and arrested all of the men involved. It pissed Charon off though, and he had to get Marcus out of there before someone important got a hold of him.

Charon sat there with Mute and Mason, awaiting Jia's arrival. Charon noted the presence of seven police officers, all waiting casually and paying Charon no mind. They were obviously Jia's men, sent here to make sure the place was safe for their boss to come. Jia had better arrive soon though, Charon was losing his patience.
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Everything at a Cost Empty Re: Everything at a Cost

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:44 pm

Jia Tang entered the restaurant shortly after the agreed upon time. His bald head seemed to glisten in the light, as did his yellow silken changshan. He made his way over to the table Charon was sitting at and sat across from him. He raised his hand and bowed his head apologetically. "I sincerely apologize for the delay. You caught me at an inopportune time." He said in his oddly high-pitched voice. He raised his round face to Charon. "Sam assured me that you have been treating his brothers with the dignity they deserve, so you have a friend in me, and you said you needed a favor. What is it you need, friend?"
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:17 am

"Marcus has been captured" Charon said and decided not to dance around the point. He needed Marcus out as soon as he could, he knew too much information. Marcus awas a fighter and could take some torture, but Charon knew that every one had a weakness that could be exploited. Charon was the same way. "I need your help getting him out as quickly and as legally as possible. Can you help me?"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:40 am

Jia smiled softly at Charon. "Of course, friend! That is what I do. Which district was he captured in?" He asked. He needed a long list of information, and this was as good of a place to start as any. He was willing to let Charon get away with a fairly low price for this first task, as a show that his friendship would carry some weight to the man who could squish him like a bug if he wished. "I also need the date of the capture, and a full name, and general description so that I'm sure I'm freeing the right man."
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:59 am

Charon nodded before pulling out a picture of Marcus and sliding it towards the small man. "He was captured earlier today in the Northern District, had some public disturbance charges pressed on him because he was in a fight" Charon added as he kept his eyes on Jia. "This is very important to me Jia, name your price and I'll make sure that you receive it in full by the end of tomorrow"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:05 am

Jia nodded thoughtfully. "It will take some doing; my influence in North Sapphire is the weakest of the districts. I will be able to do it, but it'll take a bit of... Extra exertion. As a gesture of good faith, I will offer a discount to you. Five and a half thousand dollars. Normally, getting someone out in North Sapphire would be between eight and nine thousand. But I digress. And, as is my policy, do not pay me until Marcus has returned, which will likely be about a week and a half." He bowed slightly. "I do not wish to rip off a friend, not even unintentionally."
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:43 am

"Can you provide me some information about where Marcus will be and how he is?" Charon questioned. Marcus needed to be okay, Charon couldn't afford to lose anyone. "Five and a half thousand won't be a problem, and I'll try to make sure that this doesn't happen again" Charon said quietly. "I would appreciate however quickly you can operate and sort this out"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:49 am

"Well, North Sapphire rarely sees gang violence, so the officers there are neither calloused nor enraged towards them, so I'd say so long as he holds his tongue, he will be in mint condition when he gets out; might even be a bit better fed than before. There's only one real prison I know of in there, and it's probably the one with the best funded in the city, so it's of the highest quality, as well as the highest price to bribe." Jia scratched his pencil-thin mustache. "I have no doubt that he will be ready to get right back into the fray when I get him out. I'll also take the liberty of expunging his record. Shouldn't be too hard." He smiled and politely thanked the waitress that came by to give him his drink in his native tongue.
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Good news, at least Charon hoped that everything went as perfect as Jia painted the picture. A lot of things could go wrong, Marcus could be killed just for looking at someone wrong. Well...they'd try to kill him. Marcus was apt at defending himself, and was one of Charon's better fighters. He certainly wasn't going to talk, especially not for something as small as a plea deal. "You'll inform me of your progress as you make it I take? I want to know what's happening as its happening, Marcus has been loyal ever since I took over his gang, I won't forget that loyalty now that he needs me the most"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Jia nodded. "I shall inform you of the progress each day until he is free. You have my word on that, Charon." He sat up in his seat. "Rest assured, friend, so long as he does not attempt any, shall we say, 'shenanigans', then getting him out will be more expensive than difficult. It won't be my first man to get out of North Sapphire, and gods know it won't be my last."
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:49 pm

"Jia I have a firm belief that money is never a good sign of gratitude, not for men like us at least" Charon remarked. "Tell me honestly, is there anything I might be able to do for you this fine day? The money is rather trivial, there must be something I can do for you as a token of sincere gratitude"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:22 am

Jia raises his hand again. "Do not worry about it at all. I believe in no payment until the job is complete." He cracked a smile. "That said, I wouldn't say no to not needing to pay for my meal here. It's a bit of a trek back home, and I very much enjoy the beef here."
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum