Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup!

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup! - Page 2 Empty Re: Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup!

Post by Shooter Solomon Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:11 am

"Wow I thought you were a more through subordinate than that." George responded playfully taking another long slug of beer emptying it out of the bottle and signaling the waitress for another one. "Don't you think knowing your bosses likes and dislikes is your job as a guy's right hand man?" George prodded. That was easy enough for him to say since he was Arachna's right hand man and was well aware of what she liked and hated. Her wants and needs actually were the reason he was having this conversation right now.

It was actually quite a contrite pleasure, tempered by quite a bit of physical pain. "As for me, I only gotta remember one person's likes and dislikes. My own. I guess you could say my boss is an asshole, cause he's me." Of course The Hive was cracking a joke at his own expense.

Shooter Solomon

Back to top Go down

Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup! - Page 2 Empty Re: Waiter! There's a Fly in My Soup!

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:52 pm

Sam laughed lightly at the joke, and took a drink of the beer. "For the record, I do agree that as a right hand man, it's my duty to know my superior's likes and dislikes. Father adored lo mein noodles, peking duck, and had a soft spot for McDonald's fries. He hated anything that had to do with pineapple or onions, and was allergic to shrimp. Reason he had us all call him 'Father' was because his wife died giving birth to a stillborn son, and he was always a sentimental man about it. He believed in letting a man make peace with his god before executing them, and even giving them some final words. He disapproved of tardiness, and had no tolerance for people who blatantly lied. The man never wore matching socks due to some old wive's tale he heard as a boy, and only ever wore blue on Tuesdays. He kept two quarters in his breast pocket at all times for good luck. He enjoyed baking in his spare time, and could make one hell of a French Silk pie." He took a bite of his curry and nodded. "I knew Father better than anyone else ever did. I intend to know Charon that well some day as well. For now, however, I've only been working for him for just under a week, and most of it was spent hiding from Lazy Eye. I know he believes in doing whatever it takes to get the job done. I know he's smart, thinks outside the box, and knows how to make anyone squirm. He cares about his men more than anything, and he never goes back on a deal. He can make some choices that I'd deem questionable and immoral, but he realizes our lifestyle means we can't always take the high road."
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shooter Solomon Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:10 pm

"You were quite the subordinate to Father." George admitted in a sort of admiring tone, as far as a loner like him was concerned Sam's faithfulness in following Father was the golden standard. He would have to look at a way to do the same things for Arachna, but now as the man was spilling his guts, George would take the opportunity to see if he couldn't get the man spill something. "Ya know, I keep hearing something about a word associated with Charon, Typhon, what is Typhon anyways?" George already knew that it was the name of the gang that Charon was reforming out of the ashes of the Diamonds, but maybe Sam would be able to clear up some of the misconceptions on the street about Typhon. Misinformation about the gang on the street was rampant, meaning they were trying to keep everything but the name under wraps.

George's next beer arrived and the waitress took his old bottle. George took a swig and waited patiently for Sam's reply.

Shooter Solomon

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Sam took a drink of his own bottle and shrugged. "Typhon's little more than the name of the gang. It's who we are now. To my understanding it means something to do with Greek mythology, since Charon's into that kinda stuff, but I don't know much beyond that in all honesty." He ate a bit more of his curry before continuing. "But Typhon isn't like a normal gang like the Red Diamonds were. It's a conglomeration of all the gangs Charon's inducted under his rule. Cerberus, the Red Diamonds, and a bunch of other smaller guys who he took before I met him. This means we've got a lotta different kinds of training, tactics, resources, you name it. Got the Red Diamond's tenacity, counterfeiting equipment, and financial and diplomatic know-how, while still having Cerberus's military-like combat capabilities."
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shooter Solomon Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:20 am

"Wow that's quite a posse." George was actually impressed, Charon was taking to team building like a gangland Commander Shepard. "What's he gonna do with a group like that?" This was the most interested part of what George was after, of course Charon was going to take on the Mafia. There was no other end game. And after that Charon would have direct control of the city's underworld, leaving little room for freelancers like what one would think George to be. A power vacuum always benefited freelancers like him.

Shooter Solomon

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:26 am

Sam shrugged. "What do any of us try to do in this line of work? Try to get by, make money, get power and influence. I've not been a part of many of his planning meetings, as I've not been around that long." He finished his plate of curry and leaned back in his seat, letting out a satisfied sigh. "I appreciate the fight and the food, George. I think I've gotta be taking off. Charon's been prying for me to get back on duty." He stood and offered a hand to shake.
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shooter Solomon Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:32 am

Well this was a nice sit down, it was fairly obvious that Sam didn't know very much, he felt close to Charon but not as close or trusted as he had been with Father. Oh well. Either way he had a better idea of What Typhon was, and that was information he could share with his colleagues and make plan around.

"Before I forget." George said pulling a table napkin over to himself and writing a number on it. "This one is for you this time." It was his contact number, "If you ever need information then I'm your guy. But it will have a price ya know."

With that George bade his acquaintance farewell, and felt the side of his face, boy that was going to be swollen.

Shooter Solomon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2