Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Natalia (Nata) Lyon I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Natalia (Nata) Lyon I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Natalia (Nata) Lyon I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Natalia (Nata) Lyon I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Natalia (Nata) Lyon I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Natalia (Nata) Lyon I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Natalia (Nata) Lyon I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Natalia (Nata) Lyon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Natalia (Nata) Lyon I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Natalia (Nata) Lyon

2 posters

Go down

Natalia (Nata) Lyon Empty Natalia (Nata) Lyon

Post by Gungnir Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Natalia (Nata) Lyon 5cfd1fc8e36f8e0cb7d8832ee69d5829

General Information

Name:Natalia "Nata" Lyon
Alias: Gungnir
Gender/Sex: Female
Sexuality: bisexual
Height: 5’7
Weight: 135ibs

Behavioral Information

Alignment: Neutral, Neutral, Mean (goes with Villains)

Personality: Nata can best be described as a firebrand in terms of personality. She’s primarily self-serving, and while on occasion she might feel compelled to do a good deed, these occasions are rare, and more often than not result in her requesting payment for the deed in question. She’s a nihilist, not believing in any ideas of morality or ethics. At heart she is a mercenary and will gladly take any job offered as long as the price is right. She will regularly talk badly of others, often insulting them to their face. She tends to use vulgar language and lashes out if she feels slighted by someone. While she tends towards violence and directness she can be cunning if she feels the need to. She’s proud of her skills and easily goaded into challenges, whether that be a fight, or simply proving she can drink someone under the table.

Likes: Money, booze, power, violence, adventure, treasures, cigarettes.

Dislikes: Rules, religion, conformity, charity.

Background
Nata’s backstory started in a small area in the middle of nowhere. Her parents were a part of a strange cult, and lived in a secluded community in the woods, not really knowing much about the world outside in her early childhood. There were survival skills she and the other children were taught, and her childhood itself was not a happy one. Her parents both beat her regularly, and things only seemed to get worse the older she got. The cult itself was relatively unknown up until it was wiped out, after one of the members firebombed several government buildings and the superhero association deployed some members to dissolve it. Leaving a ten-year-old Nata at the mercy of the foster care system as her parents rotted away in a cell. It was here she became disillusioned with the beliefs she’d been taught and began to realize that money seemed the only thing that truly mattered in the world.

She developed her power in high school, barely passing and inevitably ended up signing up to the military, where she served several months of a tour before going AWOL. She ended up working in different wartorn countries as a mercenary. Before being recruited into a shadowy, secretive organization known as Aesir. It’s because of this organization she’s found herself stateside again, sent off to Ruby city for some unknown purpose.

Superhuman Information

Power Holder:Yes

Telekinesis: The user is capable of controlling objects from a distance. They are limited lifting exactly one object up to 50 lbs of lift capacity and can move the object only generally, not precisely. The object is limited to around 10 mph.  The maximum range for this ability is 20 feet.

Last edited by Gungnir on Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Natalia (Nata) Lyon Empty Re: Natalia (Nata) Lyon

Post by V.Carnage Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:15 pm

So this time we have a super mercenary.  Background checks out.  If you can add the line space between Personality and Likes that would be great.  Fix the bold formatting on your power, as well as the punctuation issue at the end.

Power Breakdown

Note: It seems to follow the basic descriptors of Telekinesis as per the example in Rules Part 2.  

"The user is capable of controlling objects from a distance. They are limited to about 50 lbs of lift capacity and can move the object only generally, not precisely. The object is limited to around 25 mph."

However one thing to note that it seems you misinterpreted was "Each restriction allows you to double the amounts seen in the basic template" and a common restriction or flaw would be "restricting the range Amount (10 meters is the basic amount)."  This means that 10 meters is the basic max range for the ability, not a restriction.  However, this seems to be at least partially the fault of Admin not making it clear and including that in the original description.  In that case, the basic template for telekinesis should be something like:

"The user is capable of controlling objects from a distance. They are limited to about 50 lbs of lift capacity and can move the object only generally, not precisely. The object is limited to around 25 mph.  The maximum range for this ability is 10 meters."

Therefore the only way to increase speed is to reduce another value or add another restriction.  After review of the ability overall as well, I have determined it to be, through no fault of your own, too strong.  For a base ability, i would propose something like this:

"The user is capable of controlling objects from a distance. They are limited lifting exactly one object up to 50 lbs of lift capacity and can move the object only generally, not precisely. The object is limited to around 10 mph.  The maximum range for this ability is 20 feet."

Power Breakdown (for my example)

Pros:
Basic Telekinesis (Major)
50lbs lift capacity (Minor)
10 mph move speed (Freebie, part of basic ability parameters)
20 foot range (Freebie, part of basic parameters)

Cons:
Can only lift one object at a time (Major, does not scale)
Limited Precision (Minor)

This would be acceptable as a base power.  If there are any alternatives you would like to add and/or remove just put them in.
V.Carnage
V.Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Gungnir Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Alright I think it's fixed then.

Gungnir

Back to top Go down

Post by V.Carnage Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:25 pm

Great, then you are

Approved