Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Busy Little Bee I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Busy Little Bee I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Busy Little Bee I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Busy Little Bee I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Busy Little Bee I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Busy Little Bee I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Busy Little Bee I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Busy Little Bee I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Busy Little Bee I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Busy Little Bee

2 posters

Go down

Busy Little Bee Empty Busy Little Bee

Post by Shooter Solomon Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:17 am

George had practically gone underground, not contacting Arachna or the good doctor in a few weeks, it was almost like he'd fallen off the face of the earth, though Sinew's monsters would verify that he was keeping odd hours, even for the normally erratic Hive, who only stopped in to catch an hour or two of sleep at the most before heading back out into the city to continue his work. He'd sent little more than one or two word responses to text messages in his down time, though it was really only the spider woman looking for his help or the support of his bugs.

In short The Human Hive had been a busy little bee, keeping his nose to the ground looking for necessities. If asked he'd move the conversation away from what the necessities were and quickly disengage much to anyone's annoyance.

It would be a blustery Sunday morning, at approximately two in the morning that Hive would in turn reach out to none other than the groups de facto Leader. It would be a short phone call to the burner phone he'd supplied to Arachna, with it's opposite number going to Sinew. To rid themselves of the phones in an emergency the pair would have been told to microwave the phone for about two minutes. That would kill everything on it.

"Hello?" The Call would start when it was picked up. George would sound tired, his voice would sound strained, his breathing raspy and harsh  like he'd just spent days physically exerting himself. "I need you to meet me at the factory, as soon as possible, I have something to show you: it's important."

Shooter Solomon

Back to top Go down

Busy Little Bee Empty Re: Busy Little Bee

Post by Arachna Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:27 am

Arachna didn't sound much better, remaining silent upon picking up the phone and acknowledging Hive's request to meet right here and now with nothing but a sleepy grunt before hanging up the phone and slowly crawling out of her bed of webbing suspended from a corner of her bedroom ceiling.

She rubbed her eyes sleepily as she trudged out into the night with a dull yawn. The life of a spy was really tiring, especially when both sides of the coin kept different daily schedules. She slapped herself a few times to wake up, needing to remain alert so as to keep an eye out for anyone potentially following her. As usual she couldn't afford to be tracked by anyone for any reason on her way to her Legion's current base of operations.

As fortune would have it, Arachna arrived at the complex without incident, pushing the door open slowly to get to whatever Hive wanted from her so that she could return home to bed.
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shooter Solomon Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:52 am

George rubbed his eyes a bit as Arachna came walking into the Factory, she looked about as tired as he felt, and now since it was about thirty after he'd make the introductions quick if he didn't they might both pass out from sleep deprivation. However it wasn't here that the introductions needed to be made.

"Good... um... morning? Come with me." He greeted groggily. "You look about as tired as I feel." He mentioned moving to a rust bucket car, it was stolen, but the previous owner, wouldn't report it as he was now literally ant food. It was a spacious old sedan, more then enough room for all of Arachna's legs. And best of all had enough tint to keep any curious onlookers that way. Really it was the car of a drug dealer. Now Ex-drug dealer, the lights worked and the plates were up to date.

The Car ride would be short, Hive really wouldn't do much to fill the air either not explaining where he'd been at least not without asking, it would take them down to the docks and The Hive would pull the comfortable old sedan into an oddly open at this time of night loading bay that would close behind them. Hive would kill the lights and turn off the Car before stepping out. The Lights would come on just as Hive opened the door.

The dingy yellow lighting would illuminate several boxes, and from the doors would approach an oddly well dressed man in a suit.

"So, You're running a big operation." George started rambling, "But we need more specialized talent to run a bigger operation, so I did some talent scouting and came up with a few people." Hive raised a hand to the man in the really nice tailored suit. "Say hello Dimitri." Hive ordered, apparently he had some kind of power over the man.

"Hello Miss Mysterious Employer, My name is Dimitri Lementov, I am a sort of banker and financier for some clients, I do all forms of money services." He gave a bow and continued in his slight Russian accent. "I understand you may be needing money services soon. I would be happy to oblige you. Do you have any questions?"

Hive knew this man as a money magician, he could get the dirtiest cash to become squeaky clean. How? Well with all the prodding the magician never revealed his secrets. Still George had a small account with the man and was so far impressed. When informed, without specifics of what was going on Lementov agreed seeing a lucrative deal in the making and a viable new customer.

Shooter Solomon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arachna Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:10 am

"My line of work requires some harrowing hours. Most of my free time after leaving Belarus has been spent asleep and I fear I'm still rather lacking in rest," she explained as they trotted their way out to the waiting car. She'd take the passenger's seat given the fact that she knew not where they were traveling. She remained silent throughout the ride. To be honest, she cared little for anything to do with Hive's whereabouts other than what was good intel and she trusted that to be brought up without prodding.

She wasn't hesitant to exit the car once they'd pulled in, even before the lights came up. She could see perfectly in the dark, after all. Once the lights came up and a single man in a suit came in it did serve to ease Arachna's nerves a bit.

"Zdravstvuyte," Arachna greeted formally in Russian. She kept her arms crossed over her chest as she measured the man up... like a spider sizing up potential prey. "Please, call me Natalya." This man's accent appeared to slightly amplify her own muted accent. She grinned ever so slightly. "So what guarantee do I have of your loyalty and secrecy?"
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shooter Solomon Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:23 pm

"Privet, krasavitsa." Dimitri replied in Russian, he was from a suburb of Moskau originally. He switched focus to George who was now sitting on the hood of the Car, "You did not tell me the boss lady knew Russian.

"I know a lot more than that Dimitri. But we're talking business and the lady asked you a question, you'd better get used to jumping when she so much as muses about it."

"Da!" Mister Lementov switched back from surprised acquaintance, "George can vouch for my secrecy, and as for my loyalty, I'm a career criminal, I move whichever way the wind is blowing, after the Bratva in Ruby City was broken up I went independent. There is a lot less money in independence than in..." He paused looking for the right word. "komandnaya rabota. So I am looking for the right group of people to catapult my business to higher levels, and the young Mister Moran assures me that you have a vision that ill take us to the top. But as a Business man, I cannot take the word of anyone who is not the alpha. I will follow you if you continue to take us higher, but only if you continue to take us higher." All Dimitri needed from Arachna was a simple: yes, and he would be in her camp.

Shooter Solomon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arachna Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:59 am

Arachna chuckled in obvious amusement, busying herself with grooming one of the mandibles at the side of her head between thumb and forefinger in slow strokes.

"As if I'd have any other plans. As membership rises so too will our cash flow and I've got a steady influx of volunteers willing to lend their unique talents to my Legion. I hope you've got talent enough to handle an entire bank's worth of money. That's where we're headed in the very near future. Is that satisfying enough for your loyalty?" she questioned with a knowing grin and glance in his direction.
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shooter Solomon Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:59 am

There was almost a physical atmosphere of expectation as Mister Lementov listened to what Arachna was saying. "I can handle an entire franchise worth of money in my spare time." He might have been bragging, but the serious look on his face would tell Arachna that this man had a knack for numbers and money. "It's a start. I'm in for better or worse." He responded in a very serious tone. "Now Vodka to celebrate!" He would bow to the lady and turn to start trudging off toward his car for the celebratory drink he'd prepared. It was more meaningful now for someone that spoke Russian.

"Alright Lemmy, see you in a little bit." Hive mentioned, motioning for Arachna to stick with him. "And lets meet contestant number two." There was quite a bit of pomp and circumstance to this whole thing as another man rounded the corner of some larger crates parked not too far from the cars.

The man was clean shaven, but wore a half zipped black hoodie over slacks and combat boots, odd fashion choices, but he was clean cut and fairly neat looking, he had brown eyes that seemed less interested in Arachna as they did the car that the pair of perspective employers had brought with them, a nice model not well taken care of, knowing George, it was someone else's car so he couldn't blame him.

"Contestant number two, hales from Amber Coast, an entrepreneur, who started his own business called Fourth Street Cannons. He has connections that have connections in the gun world and can completely assemble sixteen different firearms blindfolded, he holds a doctorate in the second amendment. Please give a hand for Scott "Bulldog" Brown." Hive gave the introduction like an old dating show host even motioning to the six foot tall man brown hair, brown eye'd man.

Scott would move to the hood of the car and set down both cases. "Hello Miss Arachna. For you I have a special selection. As this is not only an introduction but a first fitting, as I believe every man and woman should own a gun or two. I will gift to you one gun or a matched pair that fits you perfectly. And then we can see about arming the rest of your people, if you so like, i can remain on retainer."

Shooter Solomon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arachna Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:05 am

As the recent acquaintance made to depart, Arachna curtsied politely with a slightly dramatic flare to her movement before they were moving off to the next man of the hour.

"Greetings," the woman responded, this time in English after listening to what the man had to say. While Arachna was certainly not averse to guns or the use thereof, it had been quite awhile since the last time she'd felt the need to fire a shot... or in fact even own a gun. She'd had a small selection of arms back in her home country, but they'd become more limited use after her change and when it came time to depart from her home she'd left them behind as it would be easier to travel without them.

"I'd very much like to see all in my company armed as appropriate. I know at least one of my companions who could afford the usage of a firearm, but isn't carrying. What have you got for me then?" she inquired while stepping up beside him to see what he was hiding within the cases.
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shooter Solomon Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Hive smiled as the man clicked the code into both long silver cases. They opened to custom foam inserts. Holding all manner of com-bloc weapons. He'd been given the hint that the boss grew up there. It was almost a little exciting that Bulldog was so eager to impress Arachna that it made Hive a little giddy inside. It also seemed that Bulldog wasn't offput by the ladies appearance instead jumping strait to business, stepping out of the way only so that Arachna could see the wares so much better. There were a few guns, but they were surrounded by accessories, magazines, basic holsers and cleaning kits, everything someone would need.

"You have your choice." He motioned over the case, all the weapons were customized. "Starting on the left we have a Makarov 6P9 with matching suppressor in a night-tiger cerakote camouflage, with night sights. 9x18 makarov is more than enough stopping power for a well placed virtually silent head-shot. The weapon for those demanding the most stealth available."

Scott motioned to the next gun. "Here we have an offering from Czech Republic in an original model 75 Automatic produced in ninety-two in 9x19, a select fire pistol with quite a bit of fire-power, Fiber optic sights and a matte black cerakote make this pistol blend in until it stands out in a long string of fire."

Moving on Scott motioned to the third gun, "Here we have another offering from CZ, This is the VZ 83 Skorpion, favorite of the Spetsnaz, chambered in the common 9x17 kurtz also known as .380 acp. matching suppressor included, folding wire stock, in a battle worn copper-penny and black battleworn finish to give it that classic look. Custom black leather holster and magazine carriers included."

"Lastly." He motioned to the last pistol. "Something of a rarity outside of Mother Russia. We have a MP-443 Grach, this baby can take the repeated punishment of 9x19 +P+ armor-piercing loads without failing, unlike its viking counterpart. It's barrel has been replaced with a threaded barrel and has with it a silencerco Osprey, Custom Melonite QPQ finish, equipped with tactical light, laser, night sights, a custom kydex, small-of-the-back holster, and magazine holders." Scott was really proud of this one. Most of the weapons he'd showed had been produced for decades and were easy enough to find. The Grach was a pain, and most arms dealers tried to pass of the inferior viking as a Grach. Bulldog however did his research, and did his best to provide his clients with what they wanted, nothing less.

Clapping his hands together and shifting his weight on his feet Scott looked from the guns to Arachna, "So... what do you think?"

Shooter Solomon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arachna Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:42 am

"Very nice..." Arachna purred, still sporting her slightly amplified Russian accent as she stepped forward to hover her hand over each weapon slowly, one at a time, as if she were attempting to read their quality through magic. After about a minute she came to the Grach, which she actually deigned to lift from the case and inspect carefully. Her motions were steady and practiced and she appeared to know exactly what she was doing during the brief period of her thorough investigation. Once seemingly satisfied, she smiled rather wickedly.

"I used to have one of these in my collection back home. How did you know?" she cast the man a sideways glance, not suspicious but merely curious. Had one of them managed to dig up some dirt on her through background checks or was it a lucky guess? If it was the former then she needed to bury some more skeletons before the Superhero Foundation was somehow made aware of her past.
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shooter Solomon Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:15 am

George was a little dumbfounded. Arachna liked a pistol he'd never heard of before. If he'd not heard the description. He'd have assumed they were all Russian in origin. But it seemed like Arachna was quite pleased with the selection.

"Yes they are all fine specimens. All modified by yours truly." Scott mused rubbing his chin, it was good that Arachna had a taste for his wares. Though he was unsurprising by her selection he was surprised that she had on where she was from. "Mister Moran mentioned that you were from Belarus. I had just figured some classics and a modern workhorse would fit your tastes. I hate to toot my own horn but... wait... no i don't." Feigning humility for a moment. He liked Arachna it wasn't often that people had an appreciation for a Duty Firearm like that. Most leaders wanted gold plated, ivory handled monstrosities. It was only under threat of violence that he got George to stop calling them "gats".

Hive panicked for a moment, this was all on his tab, if Scott decided he wanted to walk away. But then realized looking at the man, that he was on board, there was a smug satisfaction all around.

"I think I could work for a lady that recognizes a good gun when she see's one. Perhaps we should become partners. If you keep me on Retainer as your organizations sole arms supplier, armorer, and firearm trainer. I won't let you down. Of course we'll work out the details later but..." He closed both cases and stepped back. Motioning to both. "If you're in I'd like you to take the rest of the offerings or as many as you desire for your personal use, free of charge."

Shooter Solomon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum