Opportunities

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Opportunities

Post by Charon on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:09 pm

Charon made his way down the street, casually looking back and forth as he knew that things were not going well right now. He had heard about the massacre, and there was a rumor that Father was amongst the dead. Lazy Eye was in charge now, and Charon had a feeling that's why Sam was reaching out to meet with him in Jadetown of all places. Sam hated this portion of the city, he always had even when Father requested the place personally. Charon wasn't entirely sure how to feel about the situation, but all he saw in it was opportunity. Lazy Eye was afraid of Charon, and the young man had a good idea of how he could use that against him. The organization was disrupted, they would look for the last leader standing to be in charge.

Charon could finally have everything he wanted, or at least be much closer to it than he was.

Jade Town was the perfect spot to meet, as no gang ever seemed to dare strike at this part of the city. Charon could meet here without fear of four trucks full of armed men pulling up to meet him. Charon descended a nearby staircase and headed down an underground tunnel, looking about for Sam or anyone else he was supposed to meet. Charon appeared to be alone, but he had left men behind so that they could message him should anyone head his way. For now, Charon just kept looking for the men in question.
Charon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opportunities

Post by JollyLabyrinth on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:19 pm

Sam sat with his head in his hands; just one look at the Crimson Scar showed he was living up to his name more than ever. Gashes covered his arms and face. He looked significantly worse for the wear. Next to him stood Orlando, who was sporting a black eye of his own, and was holding a redding rag to his shoulder; he was clearly injured. The only one present who seemed relatively unscathed was the Janitor, the behemoth of a man who was keeping a lookout for the rest of them. He saw Charon and nudged Orlando, who immediately jogged over to meet him. "Man, thank you so much for comin' to see us, Charon. W-we're in a bit of a bad way. Just so you know, Sam is a bit, uh..." He looked back to Sam, who had not moved save for clenching and unclenching his fists slowly. "Well, he's been in better moods."
"Mind speaking up so we all can hear you, Orlando?" Sam called out, his tone ice cold. He raised his head, staring death at the two men. "Charon, before we talk, I need to know where your loyalties lie. If you're just gonna fork us back over to the Diamonds, say it and we'll leave. If you don't say it but try it, remember I've already killed a lot of my friends tonight. One more won't mean a damn thing to me." His gaze was cold and unwavering as he said this blatant threat.
The Janitor put a large hand on Sam's shoulder. "Calm down." He said bluntly; he was always a man of few words.
Orlando turned back to Charon and grimaced. "See what I mean?"
JollyLabyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Charon just waved his hand dismissively as the other two men worked to make sure that Sam was okay. Charon had a feeling that he wouldn't be in the best of conditions, how could he after everything that happened? Still, Sam needed to get it together if he expected any of this to change. Charon would have to make sure his men brought some medical supplies over after he left, these guys all looked terrible.

"My loyalty has always been to myself Sam, I said as much when we met" Charon reminded Sam with his honest answer. "That being said, I can't help but admit that the loss of Father does sicken my stomach...especially knowing that idiot Lazy Eye is the one's that taken over in his place. Hardly a fair trade by any means"

Charon walked past the three men before turning around, hands in his pockets. "I'll make myself clear here. Father and I helped each other a great deal...but that doesn't mean I'm going to kill Lazy Eye for nothing in return. That'd bring Hell upon me if I mess up. So my simple question; if I do this for you, what's in it for me?"
Charon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Sam blinked for a moment, still staring daggers at Charon. "I-I... I have nothing but you see before you. I'm coming to you looking for sanctuary from this storm. Seems you're informed enough to know Lazy Eye killed Father, so it's no stretch of the imagination to know that he's branded those who sided with him in the fight as traitors. Most of them are dead apart from us." He gestured to Orlando and Janitor. "You've seen us fight. You know my reputation as the Crimson Scar. Having that in your pocket will make almost everyone think twice about tangling with you, even Lazy Eye. Siding with him at this point is idiotic; the drugs we stole, hell, ALL the drugs we had, are burned. No clue who did it; Mammon would've stolen it back, and we repelled them anyways. Point is, the Diamonds have no ink and no drugs. No money, and without Father, no power." His hands shook lightly; his mind was spinning. He couldn't believe what was going on, between the infighting, killing of Father, and now going to Charon for sanctuary. All he could do would be hope Charon found it more intelligent to harbor them instead of fork them over.

Lazy Eye pawed through the various papers on Father's old desk and suddenly regretted gutting Jefferson; how on earth was one man supposed to go through all of this? He shook his head; either way, Lazy Eye had to make due. Being the new king of an empire, he had a great deal of work - and profits - ahead of him. But he first had issues to take care of; Sam and his band of loyalists had slipped away, and he needed to snuff them out before they managed to get enough force to strike back in vengeance. Where would they go? Lazy Eye rifled through a few more papers, and found Father's address book; in this digital age, who the hell keeps a book to keep track of people's contact information? Apparently Father did, the old dinosaur. Good riddance...
A realization struck Lazy Eye. Sam and Charon had been getting fairly buddy-buddy recently between all of their joint jobs... That would be where the Crimson Scar would run. Lazy Eye flipped through the pages of the address book and pulled out his phone; if he was quick, maybe he could get hold of the circus freak before Sam did...
JollyLabyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon on Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:13 pm

Charon traced a finger alongside the bottom of his jaw as he thought this over. So the Diamonds were at their weakest ever. Father was dead, the money was in question, and now Lazy Eye was attempting leadership. Charon hadn't known Lazy Eye for long, but the man was not smart enough to run an organization as large as this one. It would take far too much, and there were those that likely claimed to be loyal to Lazy Eye without truly being that. Fear was a powerful weapon...

Charon knew that better than anyone.

Charon finally turned back to Sam. "Your sanctuary is granted, though as I said it doesn't come free. You have more to give than you expect, all three of you do" Charon said before looking at Sam directly. "I told you Sam, I'm in this life for me. However, I can't deny the help and friend you've been to me these past months. I'll risk my life to protect you and kill Lazy Eye....but the price is that I want it all. After we kill Lazy Eye, I'll take over the entire empire under my arm, with you as my third in command. Do we have a deal?" Charon asked before extending his hand.

Before Sam could shake it, Charon's phone started ringing. The man pulled his phone out before seeing who was calling him. Charon' turned the phone around to show the called ID before holding a finger to his lips. Charon answered the phone. "Lazy Eye, how can I help you today?" Charon asked as his eyes looked back to Sam. Charon's hand was still extended, waiting to see if Sam would accept the deal or reject the offer.
Charon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:32 pm

Sam sat for a moment, thinking about what Charon was offering. Consuming what was left of Father's gang? Sam didn't really care at this point; they had fallen apart and cast him aside. Whatever was left was left, and Sam could care less about what happened to the pieces. He stood and moved to shake Charon's hand when his phone started ringing; the caller ID said Father, but everyone present knew who was really on the other end.
"Ah, Charon, ol' friend! So you've 'eard about wha's 'appened over 'ere!" Lazy Eye cheerily chirped into the phone; either news spread like wildfire, or Sam had beat Lazy Eye to the prize. No worries, Lazy Eye was known for having a bit of a slick tongue. "So as you kin gather, Favvu's dead, and I'm runnin' the monkey farm now. Lotta business an' all needs takin' care uv, and I've got a few, ah... questions to discuss about the nature of our continued alliance. Jus' wanna get that hammered out of the way an' all. Renegotiate some terms 'n' oll. Eny chance you'd be free fer us to discuss this at the Golden Dragon? You and Favvu've met there a few times, so I fink it's only fair tha's where you meet the new leader as well."
JollyLabyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:26 pm

Charon nodded, not daring putting Lazy Eye on speaker phone out of fear that he might hear that other people were present in the room. "Renegotiate terms? I must admit that I have my concerns. As long as my boys and I are taken care of I'm not particularly one to complain, but I hope you remember that my gang and I did help keep Father afloat as we can help you" Charon said charmingly. "I hope you're not thinking about reducing the deal that I had previously set up with Father? I know that it's new management and all but you have to admit, I'm a good friend to have in this business..."

"At any rate, Golden Dragon right? We can do that, what time should I meet you there?" Charon said to make sure that Sam and the others caught the location.
Charon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:35 pm

"No worries, Cherry!" Lazy Eye said with a smile. "O' course we'll remember 'ow kind ya've been t'us in these times of trouble! Th' issue is, ah, we've got a few fugitive's an the run. Y' help us find them, and everfin'll be hunky-dory." Lazy Eye cracked his neck; he was expecting to have to wait several days before meeting with Charon, but he seemed open to meeting this evening. Earlier the better. "How about two hours? I gotta get oll gussied up fer the occasion an' all." Lazy Eye walked out of Father's office and started making his way to his living quarters; he was looking forward to trying on one of Father's snazzy suits.
JollyLabyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:08 am

Charon frowned at the mention of Cherry as a nickname. Pretty Boy wasn't sounding so bad in comparison all of a sudden. "Two hours is more than enough time, Father ordered us to lay low so my men and I are ready for some action. I'll see you then" Charon said before hanging up and looking towards Sam and the others.

"It's a trap" Charon said plainly. "Lazy Eye may be an idiot but there's no way that he'd expose himself like this so quickly, even if it is Jade Town. This is a test of my loyalty, he's probably already suspected that you have reached out to me" Charon said plainly. "I know that you three want to attack and kill him now, but now isn't the best time. I need to make him trust me if we're going to make him expose himself"
Charon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:25 am

Sam shook his head. "Don't care if it's a trap. Unless he shows up with a few trucks of men, he's not gonna be able to take me down. And those kind of numbers bring a lot of attention in Jadetown. I'm coming to this meeting, end of discussion. Everyone's forced to play nice at the Golden Dragon. He can't kill me because he just doesn't have the gear or the men, I can't kill him because that would screw you over. Besides, he wouldn't make a move for me alone; that would be declaring war on you, and he'd still not have Janitor or Orlando here." Sam cracked his neck. "Always nice to flaunt your prizes, anyways. Father always did. Display of dominance and all."
JollyLabyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:52 pm

"Yeah? And Father's dead" Charon pointed out coldly. "I play this game to win Sam, not to look good or send messages without ensuring that I live to tell it. If you want my help you're not coming to this meeting. THAT'S the end of the discussion" Charon said sternly. "Reveal our ace card that we're working together and you put a target on all of my men, and their friends, and anyone they care about. You have to be patient, I don't care what you want to do or say to Lazy Eye. Unless you're going to kill him at the Golden Dragon, I don't want you within five miles of that place"

"Now, are we agreed or do you want to continue this dick measuring contest? Cause I'm not very interested"
Charon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:14 am

Sam's eyes flared aggressively, and he clenched his fists; for a moment, it looked as though he was about to lunge at Charon, but after a long moment, he took a breath, and relented. "Fine. You're the boss." He grumbled under his breath. He skulked back to his spot by the Janitor and sat back down, holding his head; blood began dripping from some of his injuries, his mind wandering from his powers to the events of the night.
Orlando put a hand on Charon's shoulder. "Thanks for that, Charon. I haven't seen him riled up like this in a while..."
"So we all can hear you, Orlando..." Sam snapped at Orlando; Orlando looked over to his friend, who was staring death at him again. The blood on the surface of his skin was starting to writhe somewhat, as though he was preparing to use it. The Janitor put his hand on Sam's shoulder and repeated, "Calm, Sam. Calm."
JollyLabyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:02 am

Charon didn't back down though, he just stared right back at Sam despite the man's superior physical strength. Charon knew the anger, the rage...he had felt it before right before he murdered his own father. He'd done everything he could to make sure he didn't feel it again. And yet, so many went out of their way to make sure that Charon was hurt or angry. He made them all pay in the end though, he always did.

"Listen to your friends Sam, they want you to be alive when we celebrate Lazy Eye's death, and I want you by my side when I kill him. It has to be me after all, though I'll let you do everything else short of delivering the final blow" Charon remarked as he looked at Sam. "Be patient for a few days at least. After that, we'll do it your way if I haven't come up with something"
Charon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:09 am

Sam shifted his eyes from Orlando to Charon, his anger unwavering. He held his hostile gaze for a long moment, then slowly stood, his blood slowly returning to his wounds. "Fine. We play it your way. Tell me where you want me and I'll be there." The words tasted like vinegar as he said them, but Sam knew if he wanted to stay safe, he had to play by Charon's rules. Don't bite the hand that feeds.
Janitor piped up. "My friends need help. Orlando ate a bullet and a few baseball bat hits. Sam's--"
"Fine. I'm perfectly fine." Sam snapped at his friend. "I can heal my own wounds at this point, don't need to dip into their supplies."
JollyLabyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:11 am

"I'll make sure some of my boys come here with medical supplies later tonight. I don't think any of you are going to die in the next few minutes so as long as you can hold out for a bit, I'll get you some supplies, food, and some money to keep you going for a few days. Keep moving, keep your heads down, and be quiet" Charon said clearly as he looked to each person as he spoke.

"We play this smart, and Lazy Eye won't know what hit him. After all...I know what scares him most"
Charon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:21 am

Orlando bowed slightly. "Appreciate the help, Charon. Unfortunately, uh, we don't um... Have a place to hide out right now..."
"Lazy Eye knows all of our safe houses." Janitor clarified.
Sam rolled his eyes. "We can hide out in Jadetown for a few days. Plenty of homeless have lived here for years; pretty sure we can last a few days. Lazy Eye won't risk sending men out here with intent to kill. Charon's offering us sanctuary, last thing we need is to overstay a welcome."
JollyLabyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:25 am

"You're all smart, I trust that you'll figure out a place to live without getting shot for a few days" Charon said as he lifted up the collar of his jacket before turning back to the entrance of the tunnel. "Don't worry guys, we'll figure this out. It's going to take some time and planning, but Lazy Eye isn't smart enough to keep a hold on all of this power. I'm sure I'm not the only one to figure that out. Expose his weakness, and he'll probably destroy himself."

"Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna be late for dinner" Charon said before turning and disappearing back the way he came.
Charon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum