Hired Guns

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hired Guns

Post by Charon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:47 pm

The East District was more tense than usual. There was talk in the air of gang wars and violence, and not the kind of small stuff that happened everyday. There was news of  two gangs that would have a huge turf war in the coming weeks. No one knew if it was speculation or fact, but the tension in the streets were thick. That was why Charon needed some more help, he knew that he needed to do what he could to help Father. For now, he was going to do as Father asked and try to acquire two targets to interrogate. One was a man by the name of Chestnut, a high-ranked officer and personal friend to Mammon's leader. The other, could be a nobody. Charon just needed someone to make a demonstration with. Charon's forces were starting to get recognized though, he needed an unknown to play a part in this. Hence, he put out a contract.

Mute was standing at a doorway, listening to some music play from the boombox next to him. He was wearing normal street clothes of jeans, a white shirt, and a black vest. He was waiting casually for the guy who Charon wanted to hire. Mute was the first line of defense though, no one got to see the boss if they were armed by any means. So Mute waited, wondering when this new guy was possibly going to show up.
Charon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hired Guns

Post by Nekobake on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:10 pm

He'd get these offers from time to time. He stopped wondering how they came in possession of his address after the third one. Some were good offers, others not so much. Normally, he'd toss this one out of the window too, but the money was good. Or at least that's what he told himself instead of just admitting he missed the mafia. This was Russia all over again and a part of him wanted back in. He even considered dropping his other job; just for a moment though.

He took a dagger with him. It couldn't even compare to a handgun, but he knew better than that. His walk to Mocca City was long and slow. He took his time, passing up the taxi option. The moon was up by the time he reached the run-down building, but it was still too bright for lamps. He walked up the first staircase he saw, his steps swift, but quiet.

A man was standing next to a doorway, his style perfectly matching the environment. Nikolai refrained from scowling. At least back in Russia gangs knew how to dress their members up properly. He stood, staring at him, silently hoping he'd get the point across without having to explain his situation.
Nekobake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Mute looked over to see a man eyeing him up and down. Yeah, he had the look of the kind of guy the boss described. He didn't wait long before taking a single step to the side and motioning to the doorway that he was blocking. He didn't need to check this guy for any weapons, he tried to draw a weapon on Charon and it would be the last thing this guy ever did. Once the man went through the door, Mute merely stepped in front of it again before turning his music to another station.

The door led through an empty hallway that eventually allowed him to enter in to a large room. There was a table in the middle of it with a lone man sitting there. Black jeans combined with black leather jacket served as his attire. However, the most noticeable part about him had to be his head. Over the majority of his face was a leather mask that concealed everything but a lone red eye and a bit of his white hair. After taking the man in, he'd notice that there were four men in each corner of the room, insurance to make sure he didn't do anything stupid.

"Glad to see you got my information" Charon said calmly as he motioned to the table across from him. "Please, take a seat. We have a lot to discuss"
Charon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekobake on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:28 pm

Keeping silent like always, he almost nodded to thank the man for not starting a pointless conversation, but thought it better not to do such a thing, and instead entered through the door and into the hallway. The place was beginning to take on a more presentable look as he walked further in and eventually reached the large room.

The sight of the lone man engulfed in black, sitting at the table brought him memories; they were good once, but now he wasn't sure if he should be welcoming them or not. He briefly looked at the four bodyguards, standing like statues all around the room. Show-off, he thought to himself. But then again, wasn't his father the same? His eyes turned back to the man in black, glued now to the peculiar mask he was wearing. It looked interesting. He would have asked if the circumstances were different. For now, he quietly followed the man's instructions and sat across him.

His head unconsciously cocked to the right a bit, as he waited for his potential employer to start.
Nekobake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:33 pm

Man of little no words, Charon always liked a person that could get straight to the point. "I am looking for someone to do a small job for me. Nothing too hard or impressive, but dangerous none the less" he explained while keeping his eye on the newcomer. "There's a gang in this district that goes by the name of Mammon. All I need you to do is find one of their lower ranking members and swipe them up for me. I need them alive and able to talk, preferably with as little damage done as possible" Charon insisted.

"If you're capable of doing this not only will you be paid, but I'd be wiling to extend you other contracts should the need arise. I can always use a man of multiple talents and I hear that you have a good reputation for getting your work done. Any questions?"
Charon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekobake on Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:35 am

Simple enough, was his first thought. He consumed every word he was given, while keeping silent like he had for the past minutes. He would have liked it better if the "as little damage as possible" was excluded, but to be honest he was slowly getting used to work such as this, so it wasn't that much of a problem.

It got better when the man mentioned extending contracts. He was starting to like this sort of thing. No one had complained for his lack of words so far; plus, the mafia was familiar grounds. "I do have a question," Nikolai finally revealed his voice, a slight accent going with it too. "When do you need this done?"
Nekobake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon on Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:32 pm

"Tomorrow night at the latest, the sooner you do it the better though" Charon explained as he kept his eye on Nikolai. "If you're able to capture him before midday tomorrow I'll throw a bonus on top of what I've agreed to pay you. My group respects those who perform above and beyond expectations, stick with us, do your work ,and you'll find that it's a far more rewarding business than you realize. I'll always have need of someone of your talent, and those who impress me most get the best contracts. It's a simple request but an excellent reward. Wouldn't you agree?"
Charon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top