Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
The First Work of Art I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
The First Work of Art I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
The First Work of Art I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
The First Work of Art I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
The First Work of Art I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
The First Work of Art I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
The First Work of Art I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
The First Work of Art I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
The First Work of Art I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

The First Work of Art

2 posters

Go down

The First Work of Art Empty The First Work of Art

Post by Vexation Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:37 pm

It was loud, impossibly loud, his heart was. Sinew's heart was beating harder in his chest than he thought possible; he was away from home, in a dark alleyway, standing over two unconscious men. They approached him while he was looking, looking, looking for other things, other things, more important things. They approached him with aggressive words and knives. They approached him with demands of payment and tribute. He had to defend himself... He was lucky he had his syringe. The tranquilizer was potent, so very potent, it knocked them out in seconds. He couldn't have outrun them. He couldn't have fought them. He had to do this to them. But now... What? How could he hide them? They would come after him, they would follow him, how could they not? The Rancid Noises were louder than ever, broadcasting his position to all who could hear, screaming inside of his skull. He had to kill them, but if he killed them, the tranquilizer would be discovered, and people could trace it to him. Paranoia set it; what could he do, what could he do?
A horrible thought Sinew. A horrible, twisted, wonderful thought. He could use them. That was his purpose for being so far from home in the first place: The East Diamond Ripper always left scraps as it prowled Mocca City, scraps that Sinew could use. Sinew came here for scraps, but here was so much more... So very much more...
They were fresh. They were whole. And they would remain fresh and whole until he sculpted them into better things... A maniacal grin appeared on his face, allowing a string of drool to drop out from between his fangs. No, I don't have fangs. That is the Rancid Noises, that is their doing. I do not have fangs. Sinew reminded himself. His teeth returned to their original form. He bent down and began dragging one of the bodies out of the alleyway to his small car, and loaded him in. He went back for the second, but as he began loading the unconscious man's body into the trunk, he heard a sound; a man, calling. There's a third... The Rancid Voices whispered. He knows, he searches. He will find, he will kill. Sinew's heart began beating impossibly loud again. He turned and saw the man, and the man saw him. He began fumbling in his coat for the syringe again; he would have to be quick.
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

The First Work of Art Empty Re: The First Work of Art

Post by Charon Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:41 pm

"That's two burgers, three drinks, and a large fry to share...guys I think I got everything!" Mark called out as he went back to the alley where his buddies were supposed to be waiting for them. This was new territory for them. This particular area of city had belonged to Cerberus before Charon had taken over. Now the gangs were mingled in each district, as a way for Charon to have them keep tabs on each other. Cerberus had joined rather willingly after seeing what Charon did to their best fighters, but that didn't mean that Charon trusted all of them. One could be waiting to just stick a knife in his back anytime. And so the groups were given different areas to cover, as a means of spying on each other.

"Guys?" Mark asked as he saw that the guys weren't there. He looked around until his eyes locked on a strange looking man. There was a look about him that just made Mark uncomfortable, and then the man started reaching for the inside of his jacket for something. Mark reached back, aiming to grab his serrated hunting knife before Sinew could attack him. He had to drop his bag of food though, he was slow.
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:45 pm

Sinew rushed towards the man, pulling out his syringe. The Rancid Noises were whispering in his ear, the sound of metal on concrete, cracking the inside of his skull. He drove the full force of his body into the man, trying to knock him down. Once on top of the man, he plunged the syringe into the side of his neck, harder than he should have, but not enough to damage the flesh or the needle. He depressed the plunger, forcing what was left of the tranquilizer into the bloodstream; given the amount in the needle, and the size of the man, Sinew estimated he would be out the longest at about ninety minutes. Plenty of time, plenty of time... He thought to himself.
The body was heavy as Sinew loaded it into the trunk with the other two. Curious to the man's cargo, he returned to the scene and picked up the bag to notice... Fast food? The smell was intoxicating, and he picked up the bag, taking it with him. As he drove to his makeshift "lab", he idly ate a few fries as they sang apathetically about their plight.
Iron. Iron and chains. The building was once a factory before it had been abandoned. Possibly due to the gang wars. Possibly due to rioting. Sinew didn't know. He didn't care. All that he knew was it was empty. It had room. It was secluded; gangers seemed to give the place a wide berth, though Sinew didn't know why they did. He did know why they would. One by one, he dragged the bodies inside, towards the supervisor's office. Inside, he had moved some of the chains earlier, mostly in the event of something going wrong with his art, in the event it needed restrained, but chains work on man and beast alike. On man and beast alike. He bound their hands so they would not fight back. He bound their legs so they would not flee. He bound their necks like collared dogs so they would not protest. One of the men started to stir.
But stirring was all he could do.
Sinew still had preparations to do. He wasn't sure if he would find anything in this part of the city; he didn't want to waste his time setting up a Circle if he would find nothing. So the circle had to be prepared. He approached the stirring man, drew his scalpel, and rolled him onto his back. Blood was needed for the circle; blood was what carried life through the veins, blood was a vessel for life, even from one host to the next. But the blood couldn't spill on the floor or he would risk damaging the Circle; he needed a bowl. Sinew did not have a bowl. But the man did.
Taking advantage of his tranquilized state, Sinew gently opened the first man's mouth and pulled his tongue from between his teeth. The tongue squirmed, and begged to be released. Sinew didn't care; he sliced it, cut it, carving it out of the man's mouth. The blood came, filling the bowl. He tossed the tongue towards the other two unconscious hosts of flesh so it would not be in the way of the Circle and gently dipped his fingers inside, allowing the warmth and red to stick to them. It was chilling, humbling, but invigorating and empowering. The Rancid Noises fell silent as though watching with anticipation to see what he would do next, but the pressure in his skull did not relent. He moved his paint-stained fingers over to the open section of the floor and began drawing the Circle, returning to the bowl as he needed it; the first host had stopped squirming after making several choking and sputtering noises much to Sinew's disappointment; he must have perished. The flesh would still be fresher than it would have been originally, but it still was disheartening. As Sinew drew, he muttered to himself, a necessity to awaken the Circle:
"From death, I create life. From hideousness, I create beauty. From placation, I create strife. To sculpt, that is my duty. All flesh is flesh, all flesh is clay. Let art blossom, ne'er to decay. From the old, I fashion the new, and vow to see my duties through..."
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:38 am

The tongue came out with ease, the strong muscle cut like nothing by the sharpness of a single blade. The blood pooled up in the man's throat. He choked on it for a few moments, spraying bits of the blood out and down his cheeks. It was too much for him to cough up or swallow though, and he choked on his own blood. He was lifeless now as Sinew used his open mouth to finish drawing up his circle.

It was about this time that Mark opened up his eyes. He was still groggy from the syringe, but the force it was injected with had caused the serum to transfer through his body differently than the others. He wasn't fully awake, but he didn't have to be to see what was going on in front of him. This...this was some messed up devil shit! Mark quickly looked around as he saw that Sinew wasn't looking towards him as he continued to work on his circle. Mark worked on his bindings, trying to use pure strength to get out of them. Maybe if he caught this guy by surprise, he could at least save himself and Matthew.
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:24 am

Sinew stood upright, looking down at his handiwork. The Circle was complete, the words spoken. All that was left was the sculpting. He turned back around and saw one of his prizes was awake and struggling. There was no immediate danger; the tranquilizer may have worn off enough to let him regain consciousness, but Sinew severely doubted his muscles were back into full working order. He walked over and knelt down in front of him. "Hush, hush, little one... You don't need to fight, don't need to struggle. This is a good thing. You will be the first to witness the dawn of a new age, a new art, a new beauty..." He pulled out his scalpel and cut the man's shirt open, exposing his torso; it was beautiful, well-sculpted, toned, muscular... Ideal for his purposes. He could only hope that the other two were just as perfect. "You woke first, so I shall leave you to watch, to witness, to see. But... I cannot have you interfering..."
With a steady hand, the blade cut into the man's flesh just beneath the arms; he cut the tendons in the arm that allowed for comfortable movement. If he continued struggling, he would find himself in significant pain, and with only a fraction of his strength. No more running. No more struggling. Now is the time for patience, for brilliance.
Now that his audience was subdued, it was time to start the show... He had two bodies to work with, one of which still pulsed with heat, with life. A flick of the wrist, a blossom of red at the throat, and it oozed out of him, fading like the morning fog. The Silence came: a serenity unparalleled by anything this world could muster. Both bodies were dismantled, slowly, carefully, flesh carved off bone, organs removed from cavities, each type of clay separated into their needed piles. The Silence muffled all sounds; the Rancid Noises were gone, the odor of death and gore absent, all was peaceful. All was right. All was right. Everything was perfect. Everything was perfect.
Sinew knew his vision as he began sculpting: he needed a gatherer, an entity to collect more clay for him. It needed to be tall, it needed to be strong, it needed to be mobile. But it still needed to be beautiful; neither of these men had beautiful faces, so the creature would go without a face. It still needed eyes, so it would retain the eyes, but not on a face... Then where? Not the hands, as they would be full; not the arms, as they would moving; not the legs, as they had to stay mobile; the torso, it had to be there. It would consist of arms, legs, and a torso. That would be all. The legs had to be long, so the bones from both the hosts would be used. The arms as well, so again all bones to be used. He only needed one ribcage to outline the body, the other could be discarded. All four eyes had to be used... The rest, discarded. No need to use unnecessary components; they would clutter the art, disrupt the beauty. It had to be perfect. It had to be.
Nothing less than perfection would suffice.
Laying the skeleton was calming. It allowed him to see what he was going to accomplish, envision the final product. It took over twenty minutes to get the bones to lay perfectly. It seemed to take only five.
Stitching the flesh was soothing. It cleared his mind, the satisfaction of small, precise stitching as the flesh that once formed such dull, unimaginative humans into something... More... Something greater... Something... Perfect. It took nearly three hours to sew all the flesh correctly, three hours of stitching, snipping, trimming, restitching... It seemed like eternity. A blissful, serene, clarity-bringing eternity.
All sounds... Silent. All smells... Gone. Everything, everything, EVERYTHING, everything except the clay... was irrelevant, and so not present. The form was complete, the four eyes lidless and in place, the legs were long with their extra sets of joints, the arms extended with theirs, the claws exposed, free from the flesh, sharpened to a beautiful, effective point... All that was left...
Was to awaken it.
Sound returned to Sinew, but there was little sound around. His and the man's breathing were all that there was. Slowly, he dragged his creation onto the circle and knelt next to it, gently pressing his lips just above the placement of its eyes. "I name you Klaus, the Bringer of Gifts. You shall bring me clay from the shadows, remain hidden from the world... You shall defend yourself from all who will interfere with your task... You shall obey my commands... These are your tenants. They are what you shall follow." The Circle began to glow as Sinew's power awakened it, the life filling Klaus slowly; the process would take time, but Sinew was patient. He stood and walked over to his audience, who seemed... Captivated? That was the look on his face, correct? How else could one describe such a look? What other possible reaction could one have to witnessing such perfection fashioned before them? Captivated was how his audience was. He sat down next to him, smiling serenely, ever so calmly at his work. "Is this not wonderful? Witnessing such... Imperfections, such dull humans, humans who are all of the same design, the same mold fashioned over and over and over again... Into something... New? Better?" He reached into the bag of fast food he brought in, his hands still covered in the wetness of the clay, and took in a handful of fries; they were cold now, but Sinew needed the sustenance. "We were created in God's image... for a reason, were we not? And God created us from NOTHING. God... Fashioned us, fashioned everything, created so many unique and diverse entities... So if we are fashioned in that image, should we not continue to create more? Is that not what God intended?" He turned to face his audience; the tranquilizer was most certainly worn off by now, no longer muddling his mind... Sinew took longer than expected to finish Klaus, so he was glad he took the precaution of severing tendons to keep his audience... enthralled. But now, now, while all that there was left was to wait, he wanted to talk, talk, talk to them... They had witness beauty forged in front of them, an enlightening experience surely.
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:15 pm

This...this was Hell. What was going on? Mark didn't know, but he felt the bottom of his stomach dropping out as he just watched Sinew work and work. The way that he moved, the way he so ceremoniously took life. A part of it reminded him of Charon. However, Charon always killed with purpose. He always tried to kill the decision makers or those in charge. Charon was more willing to absorb a group than outright destroy it. This though, this was just butchery and madness. Charon could keep his cruelty in check, Mark had a feeling that this was beyond what Sinew was capable of.

"Look man I have some powerful friends. You just let me go and I'll make sure that we can work something out. There's...there's no reason to do this. You can still walk away"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:40 pm

Sinew locked his grey eyes on the man, a chilling gaze. "Walk... Away? A-are you an idiot child? No... I cannot walk away from this. This is my life's work! I was BORN to do this, to fashion, to create! You... You're just like the rest, aren't you?" He stood up above the man, gazing at him with growing rage. The Rancid Noises began singing again, a melody of hatred and putrefaction. This man had seen beauty fashioned in front of him, but would not discuss the ideas with him. He was repulsed by it... Just like the rest of the world.
Behind him, Klaus stirred; little more than a muscle spasm, but the sound of meat slapping concrete seemed to echo through the factory.
"I will not let you go. You have a greater purpose to serve here... I will NOT walk away. This is what EVERYTHING has been building up to!" He knelt down and put his scalpel at the lost lamb's chin. "And you say there's no reason to do this? You are wrong... So... Very wrong. The world is blind, and I shall make it see. The world MUST see, and you will be the first..." He retracted his scalpel at turned back to face Klaus. "I will expand your definition of beauty... I will expand your mind, your perceptions... I will expand... you, and everything that makes you who you are. And then... I will shape you. Remake you into that which is greater than the sum of your parts..."
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:05 pm

There was no talking to this guy was there? Nothing that would allow Mark the change to escape. Mark was no genius, but he had watched some TV about serial killers. They always enjoyed talking about their work, and Mark was starting to feel a little bit of his strength coming back. Perhaps if he kept talking he could get enough to break out of here. The guy was strong with his syringe, but if Mark could get a hold of anything perhaps he'd win in a fight.

"Then help me understand! Tell me about your work and what exactly you plan on doing. I want to know about what you're going to do, the work and what you need to do" Mark said as he kept his eyes right on Sinew. "Come on now, I mean...if it's your life's work you gotta share it with someone right? I'm all ears"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:18 pm

Sinew smiled, a twisted, maniacal, gleeful grin. They can be taught, they can learn. He leaned in close to the man, his breath stale, the scent of cold fries and blood. "I was given a gift, a gift, the ability to create life. And what can one do with this gift? I can fashion an militia, an army... I will create my art, my brood, my loving children... And then I will show them to the world." He gently took the man's face in his hands, similar to the way a man take's his lover's, but the look in eyes was distorted, insane. "The world has long pushed against me, but with them I will have the strength to push back... And I will. Believe me, I will..."
Klaus seized again, the sickening sound music to Sinew's ears; his claws began scraping on the concrete floor, a scratching sound to join the Rancid Noises'. "The world will know me by name. I will be remembered, and long after I am gone..." He turned his head to Klaus, gazing lovingly at his creation. "They will still be here..."
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:23 pm

Mark did his best to stay calm, though he hated the breath and the way this guy was touching him. All of it was so unnerving, but he had to do his best and try to play to this guy's likes. He kept trying to fiddle with his bindings in silence, just hoping that they would break down eventually. This monster seemed to be getting more active and ready to kill, if Mark was bound when it was ready he'd have no chance at surviving. Mark HAD to keep him talking a bit longer.

"A whole army could really get you some attention, but what exactly will you do with it once you have it?" Mark questioned as his hands worked against the chains. "I mean you must have a location or target in mind right?"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:34 pm

Sinew turned back to his audience and lightly caressed his thumb across the man's cheek. "So eager to learn of the future..." He cooed. "Can you not simply appreciate the artwork before you?" He moved to the man's side and put an arm around his bloody shoulders, his other hand holding the man's chin, forcing him to look at the beauty coming to life before him. "This is the future... This is beauty. Fashioned from hideousness and mud... Once two pathetic, pointless thugs, serving no purpose greater than themselves. You should know, you were with them." There was a clinking of chains, the slapping of meat against concrete, the scratching of bone on stone, the chorus of agony in his skull... A beautiful symphony to welcome Klaus into the world. "I am sorry that you could not stay with them... But your flesh would simply go to waste here... Klaus must be swift, your clay would simply weigh him down..."
Klaus convulsed again, rolling onto his stomach, starting to leave the Circle. Worried that he might leave it before he had a full amount of life in him, Sinew quickly left his audience's side and gently started pushing Klaus back in the Circle. "But do not fear... You will be standing alongside your friends once again soon enough..."
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Damn it damn it damn it, couldn't these chains get any looser? Mark was still struggling hard as Sinew was pushing Klaus back in to the circle. "You can create life which is amazing of course, no one can say badly of that once they see it" Mark calls out to Sinew. "I mean even building robots are so limited, you create life from others using their flesh and mass. I've never heard of anyone capable of doing that" he said as he started to looking around. Maybe he could find a knife or something heavy, with luck perhaps he could use it to escape.

"Do they have to be alive? I mean, have you ever just robbed a graveyard or do they need to be alive when you do your uh...art?"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Sinew sat next to Klaus, lightly stroking him the way a parent does to their sick child; he was flattered by the man's praise, despite it being blatantly obvious; of course his power was wholely unique, of course it was impressive. "Clay is clay, friend. All flesh can be used; but of course, fresh clay is superior. It's easier to work with... And easier to wake up." There was a gurgling sound from inside of Klaus's cavity, the fluids from his ancestors merging and mixing in a vile chemical reaction. It wouldn't be long now... "I've tried grave robbing... but there were... meddlers." He rolled up a sleeve to reveal several third-degree burns. "Children. I was unprepared for interference, so they regrettably escaped... For now." His voice began to boil with anger in the same way his skin did when the meddlers approached him. "But I will find them... And they will meddle together forevermore..."
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:20 pm

Mark continued to try and struggle, but after another minute he realized that the bindings were too tight and his strength wasn't coming back fast enough. This was going to be the end unless this guy let him live...but Mark knew that he was going to go out with a bang. Boss would be proud of him for being brave in the face of something so horrifying. Working with Charon long enough, you started to overcome your fears. "When my boss finds you, he's going to tear you apart" Mark finally said as he just watched Sinew take such loving care of his creation. "As soon as he learns what you did to us, he won't rest until you're in the ground"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:33 pm

Sinew slowly turned his head to the man and gives him a patient smile; such an idiot child, thinking the world works in such a simple fashion. "And how, pray tell, will your boss learn of this? There is no one to tell him that I took you..." Klaus shuddered and slowly rose to his feet, his multiple-jointed legs letting him stand almost seven feet tall, even if his limbs were incredibly thin. "And I don't think he's going to recognize them here in Klaus..." A hint of wickedness flashed in Sinew's eyes. "I'll tell you what, you loud mouthed child..." He walked over to Mark and slowly started undoing his chains. "Run home. Go on. Your legs should be fine by now. Run home. If you can make it, go on and tell your boss all about me and what I did to your friends..." Gingerly, he helped the man to his feet without antagonizing his injuries, a skill he learned from much time working at the hospital. "I'll give you a thirty second head start..." An excitement bubbled up in Sinew's chest, like boiling water, scalding his insides with elation; this would be both beneficial for Klaus to use his limbs, but also quite entertaining. He pushed the man towards the front entrance of the factory. "Starting... Now."
If the man started to run, Sinew would turn to Klaus. "Do not let him escape. Run him down and kill him. Bring his corpse back to me."
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:28 am

Mark didn't waste any time. Sinew gave him the chance to run, but it wasn't all that he had time for. As soon as he was on his feet Mark shot an elbow in to Sinew's face, hoping to at least leave some kind of an impression on this madman. If he was going to die, he was at least going to make sure Sinew felt it. The moment the blow landed he turned and just began sprinting, doing whatever he could to try and locate an exit out of this place. He didn't have to get far, as long as he got far enough away and found somewhere to hide. Just maybe...maybe he could survive this.
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:42 am

Sinew stumbled backwards, but he didn't hit the ground; Klaus quickly caught him as he staggered. Sinew's ears were ringing, the Rancid Noises were chittering. The man made it out the front door and Sinew pointed. "Kill him." He ordered.
You will obey my commands. Klaus heard his Master's orders and immediately leaped down the stairs and out the front door, unnaturally fast and silent.
You shall remain hidden from the world. Klaus darted across the open street, climbing atop the roof; the only movement in the streets was beneath Klaus, the man, the prey, darting into alleyways, trying to avoid detection. Remaining above him and staying close, Klaus followed unseen. To remain hidden.
Those were the tenants declared by the Master.
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:21 am

MArk just kept moving, never looking back. If this thing caught him, that was the end of the story. These powered people going around, and now there was some nut job with powers carving people up in to his own personal army? It was the last thing that this world needed. Charon needed to know what was going on, but Mark wasn't even quite sure what area of the city he was in. He darted around a corner, hoping that he had gone fast and far enough to avoid and pursuit. He weakly pulled out his phone and started to dial, trying to get a hold of Charon.
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:31 pm

Time was running short for Klaus. The prey was nearly back in the open, back to the streets. He leaped down, landing in front of it on all fours, his extra joints cocked making him look like a large, four-legged spider. Slowly, Klaus stood up onto all fours. For several seconds, he stood still, waiting for the enemy to move. It was holding something near its ear, but it made no hostile moves. Klaus would have to move first.
So he did.
Klaus propelled himself forward, slashing at the man's face with his claws at unnatural speed, sending the device flying, hitting the wall and scattering back onto the floor next to his feet. He slashed twice more at the man's face before grabbing him by the throat and raising him into the air. He slammed the prey against the ground, over and over again, its face turning bloody and distorted as it cried out in pain. He flung the prey against the wall, crawled over on top of it, and clasped his claws around its throat, slowly strangling the life out of it.
Vexation
Vexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum