Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Scouting For Talent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Scouting For Talent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Scouting For Talent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Scouting For Talent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Scouting For Talent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Scouting For Talent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Scouting For Talent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Scouting For Talent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Scouting For Talent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Scouting For Talent

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scouting For Talent - Page 2 Empty Re: Scouting For Talent

Post by Charon Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:17 pm

As Arachna planned, the thugs soon realized that something else was amiss. Along with being unable to find Arachna, a few started to suspect that somehow she escaped the room. One of them rallied the others to head upstairs, going after Charon and towards their boss. Course, they didn't expect to see the body of their boss burning as if someone had decided to use it for kindling. They turned their weapons just in time to see Charon squatting down next to the injured Marucs.

"Hello boys, so glad that you could join us. Marcus and I were just having a word about all of you and your...priorities" the young man said with a smile through his mask that he had placed back on. If he was going to talk these guys down, he was going to have to do it without the fear. Charon's power was good for intimidation, but it wasn't wise to use on a bunch of nervous guys holding weapons. It was a good way to get yourself shot.

"Civilization believes that criminals can only be punished for the crimes they are caught for. Even if the police knows someone is dirty, they can't really do anything without proof. Even in a world filled with these so called heroes, there's only so many steps they're allowed to take. Our power, the kind that lies in the shadows and works around the law...that's where we will gather our strength. Your boss here didn't understand that and believed that making a lot of noise by coming in to my territory was a good idea. As you can see, he regretted that decision" Charon chuckled as he looked over to the burned corpse.

"You all have a choice to make. Marcus here has decided that it would be in his best interests to join up with me and have our two gangs become one. We nearly double our power, and we'll be able to patrol our areas without fighting over one another. A high tide raises all ships, and all parties will gain from it" Charon said as he turned his head to look at every man before him. "Join me...and I'll give you all that power you desperately want, and the money will come with time. Trust me"

The men looked at each other, uncertain of what to do or say. Charon was right next to Marcus so they couldn't shoot him without risking killing their boss's successor. But also, his deal and offer made sense. The gangs tearing each other apart did more work for the cops than the cops did themselves. Slowly, each man started to see the importance of this alliance. Charon's gang was still small, but it had a reputation. With more numbers, perhaps someone would start taking notice.
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arachna Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:30 pm

Arachna crept closer as the men ran to see what was going on, remaining nearby but just out of sight as she listened to Charon's little speech about togetherness right after turning their boss into a smoldering corpse. At least they were giving his proposal a little bit of thought rather than just immediately turning him into a bloody pile of human swiss cheese. Maybe this guy really did have some potential as the face of her organization. Only further time and testing would tell.

Once the success of this little mission had been decided, Arachna silently left just the way she'd come, content with being the shadow lurking behind Charon's every move rather than taking the spotlight along with him. She'd await his triumphant departure outside so that they could discuss what would happen now.
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Arachna didn't have to wait long before Charon emerged from the building. With all the gunfire he wanted to be out of there as soon as possible before anyone else showed up to try and stop the gang violence. Thankfully, people were usually slow to respond in the East District.

"Well, I'd say you did a rather decent job at doing your part. You allowed me to get it and kill the only man that needed to be killed...well, for today at least" Charon remarked. "Should there be any dissenters I'll have to take care of that on my own time of course" he added as they continued to walk on their way. "As agreed, I'll now consider your proposal for an alliance, though I'm curious as to what exactly your next step will be. Passing out fliers for your evil alliance probably isn't the best idea, so what's the play here?"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arachna Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:04 pm

The woman cast him an annoyed glare as he seemed to be downplaying her part in all this, her insectoid legs shuddering as if she were about to lash out before slowly calming as she let out an exasperated sigh.

"Don't forget that I granted you this opportunity to expand. In this business there's no such thing as a free handout. You owe me and when I call on you I expect a prompt and cordial answer of 'Yes, miss. Right away.' Now either we agree to work together here and now or I devour you slowly until you beg for the sweet release of death to free you from the torture I could inflict upon you. Now do we have a deal or not?" she questioned, her entire rant coming off as incredibly irritated. She wasn't about to allow someone to gain greater power because she worked her puppeteer's strings only to have them feel superior about it and refuse to work with her or, even worse, attempt to play her for a fool by requesting further favors without being expected to ever repay them.
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Well someone obviously wasn't enjoying their day as much as Charon was. This had been a good move for him, though he wasn't entirely convinced this alliance with Arachna was going to last. She seemed quite angry and pompous for someone that was desperate enough to do this for Charon because she wanted allies. Besides her raw power which Charon lacked, he wasn't able to see what she provided for him yet. Still, it was foolish to ignore a death threat. That would have to be handled later.

"Relax, a deal is a deal. I see no reason we can't work together for each other's benefit. The next time you need me I'll do whatever you want within reason. You're smart from what I can see, so I'm certain you know that my influence is small right now. Still, if I can do it I'll have it done. This is my area of the city as small as it is. If you need me, I'll be around here"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arachna Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:29 pm

"Chto luchshe," she responded in her native tongue once again, at least sounding satisfied with his answer. "Much improvement. I will call on you when I have need of you. Speak to no one about me. I am but a shadow."

And at that she'd make her departure, climbing up and over the nearest building to take the straightest line possible back toward Ruby Central. She had a facade to keep up, after all. She had no interest in sharing any of her plans with Charon until it came time to release them on the unsuspecting public, but she was already planning rather devious methods with which to use his amusing powers for her own personal gain. This could make her task so much easier...

[End Thread]
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2