SAFE haven streets I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 2:29 am by Mercury

» Parkland Wonders
SAFE haven streets I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 5:57 pm by Coale Valentine

July 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
Tsukami
SAFE haven streets Vote_lcapSAFE haven streets Voting_barSAFE haven streets Vote_rcap 
Sylvi
SAFE haven streets Vote_lcapSAFE haven streets Voting_barSAFE haven streets Vote_rcap 
Vampyr
V.Carnage
Gungnir
Beldyr

Check Out Our Discord!

SAFE haven streets

Go down

SAFE haven streets Empty SAFE haven streets

Post by Archangel on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:56 am

While he hated standing here in public, with all of the people gawking at his wings, some sneering others throwing their noses up at the regally dressed gifted-person who waited on his own time in the middle of West Citrine's skyscrapers and towering apartments to walk down the street and talk in public. It was okay to wait as the sun was shining brightly in the afternoon sky and the birds were singing. He didn't really know what the student he'd agreed to meet here wanted to talk with him about but Gabe was willing to do anything to help a student out. Especially a fairly introverted student like the one he was meeting, he'd heard that while she was shy and had a gentle tone, she'd also befriended a boy with a growing negative reputation.

When the car he'd been told to expect, a flashy Maserati, pulled up to the curb, Gabe couldn't help but smile, he was about to do the thing he loved the most. Helping people. When the girl unfolded herself from the car, the angel stepped forward and smiled. "Ah, I'm glad you made it Diamante. It's such a lovely day we're having would you care to walk with me?"

It was uncommon for anyone to be taller than Gabe, he was quite vertical, however the giantess of a young heroine blew him away, nearly head and shoulders taller than him. She was at a glance very awe inspiring and if she were on a rampage she'd be absolutely terrifying but already he could feel the air of timidness surrounding her here in this, most public, place.

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SAFE haven streets Empty Re: SAFE haven streets

Post by Phalanx on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:03 pm

As she felt her ride pull to a stop, Dia allowed her eyes to open as she raised her head to look out the window and out onto the walk before her. This wasn't exactly her idea of a great time, but she could understand the instructor's reasoning for meeting in a public place rather than privately no matter how much she insisted.

With a short sigh, she pushed the door open and slowly stepped out to a low creak from the car's suspension returning to a more normal position than the strain she'd been putting on it. Her eyes glowed dully in the afternoon sun as they fell upon the person she'd come to this place to meet.

"Thanks..." she responded as he immediately approached and began speaking to her before she'd even had a chance to take so much as a step. She found it difficult to meet his eyes, usually flitting to meet his gaze before casting off in one direction or another to slowly look around. "...But I'm not sure if a walk is the best idea. I'm not exactly... fast..." she tried to explain.
Phalanx
Phalanx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:40 pm

"You're very welcome, Diamante." Gabe responded curtly as she stepped out of the car. "Please relax, as much as I'm your teacher, I also want you to think of me as a confidant. If you need anything to talk about please, I think I can help you with anything at all." Gabe gently urged motioning for her to walk with him, as she cleared the car he would take steps to walk shoulder to shoulder with her in whatever direction she decided upon, his wings slowly fluttering as he felt the warmth of the sun upon them.

"It's a beautiful day for a nice leisurely stroll." He noted hand-waving her concern.

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phalanx on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:08 pm

"If... if you say so, I guess..." Dia relented quietly. "I'm not so sure that my pace could be described as leisurely though." She was also worried that he'd get annoyed with her need to make frequent stops to rest as well. Nevertheless, she started walking off in a random direction along the street, dragging one foot slowly in front of the other at a slow shuffle. It would be fairly remarkable if he couldn't somehow keep up with her.

"Despite all my strength training to attempt to adapt my muscles to my new frame, I seem to be unable to strengthen myself enough to actually move like a normal person. Instead I have to lumber around like every part of me is made of stone." She paused for a moment as she said that without thought, actually rolling the words over in her mind. "Actually that's not all that far from the truth, come to think of it..."
Phalanx
Phalanx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:52 pm

The angel would walk, just a little behind Dia, his wings were quite a nuisance, as they walked, he'd tried to keep them folded behind himself, but even then they were still obviously cumbersome. When he would step up directly next to Diamante his wings would gently graze her back or shoulder depending on how close they were, though the relative pace seemed just fine for Gabe who was exaggerating his motions like he was walking down the catwalk at an imaginary fashion show.

"Normal?" Gabe responded back, "Some of us, the gifted, got to retain the way they look, and they can go to the store, and the movies, and nobody can tell them apart unless they show off." Gabe's tone was pretty somber. He knew what jealousy was like, he'd answered the questions about his powers more time than he could recount. "The normal people, the nice ones anyway, at least pretend not to gawk every-time you walk down the street. For us, that is the new normal of life, because there's nothing we can do to change it, we must adapt to it and strive to become greater than we are both in our resolution and in our physical body. Maybe you'll never move faster, maybe you'll just become tougher and heavier as you add strength? I'm not saying it's going to happen, but at the same time it's something you seem like you're already adapting yourself for." Gabe looked the girl up and down, not in that creepy way, but as if he was appraising her.

"Or maybe you've adapted yourself too much to your knew form and you're coddling yourself?"

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phalanx on Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:00 pm

The first time his wings touched her, Dia glanced over in confusion, thinking that perhaps this was some sort of means of being friendly in a way that didn't particularly make her very comfortable. At the realization that it was an accident, however, she looked back toward the sidewalk and decided not to say anything. She didn't really want to make him uncomfortable, especially considering the subject matter of their conversation. She'd bear with it for now...

"Well I mean..." Diamante tried to reason while remaining polite. "...wings aren't really a terrible thing to have... Looking like an angel has got to be a better deal than terrifying small children... I certainly hope that I'm not making my situation worse, though... If I have to live the rest of my life like this I'd rather be capable of helping people out rather than being the one who constantly needs help. It's difficult for me to even get ready for the day alone as I am. How am I supposed to be a hero? What do you mean I'm coddling myself, though? I don't understand..."
Phalanx
Phalanx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:07 am

Gabe would smile at Diamante as she spoke, she tried to make her powers sound untenable, and tried to make light of his own tribulations. "Terrifying?" He seemed to chuckle. "At least you don't have random strangers confessing their sins to you." He playfully chided back trying to lighten up the conversation. "Diamante, all you need to help people out is the will to help them out. Capability is only a factor of service." Every couple of steps his wings would touch her again as he spoke, he was more trying to keep them out of the traffic of people passing them on the sidewalk than keeping them from tickling his charge.

"And what I'm saying is that your approach of wading into your abilities may be holding you back and that you might need to jump into the deep end, and in doing so, you may better come to understand yourself."

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phalanx on Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:22 pm

"I guess you've probably heard a lot of things that you'd rather not, huh?" Dia allowed a light smile to play across her face at that. "I wouldn't be surprised if you could get criminals to give themselves up without even lifting a finger."

She spent a moment of silence to mull over the rest of what he'd said before finally responding in a manner she saw fit.

"I'm not certain how I should jump into the deep end. I've been straining my body with hours of strength training for minimal results as it is... If I tried to push myself any further I feel like I'd just end up pulling a muscle or even more dangerously injuring myself..."
Phalanx
Phalanx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:34 am

Not giving her a response to him hearing things he'd not wanted to, however he cringed deep down inside. He'd looked away from her for a moment before answering her. "I'm not saying to push yourself physically. From what I've heard from your teachers, is that you're a bright girl, and you're overthinking your condition. What I'm saying is: Stop practicing to be a hero, and be a hero. You never know how to help until you..."

"WOW!!!" Came a little voice of a girl maybe six or seven, ran in front of others on the sidewalk, practically tripping them as she ran up, stopping the two heroes in their tracks like all of a three and a half foot tall roadblock. Her overalls covering a blue shirt and messy hair on her head, hastily pulled back into a hasty pigtail simply to keep it out of her face, in her hands was a basketball, from its condition it was likely older than she was.

Kneeling down Gabe's lips parted to speak to the little girl, but as he did he was interrupted. "He..."

"You're HUGE Lady! Are you a Hero? Is that your outfit!?" Ouch. She'd also seemed to completely ignore or generally not notice, the angel there walking with the woman. Also children had no filters, and she quickly picked out the shy lanky girl's outstanding features and quickly asking about them.

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phalanx on Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:06 pm

Dia glanced over at the bit of commotion the girl was making to part the sea of people to reach her and her instructor, looking quite confused as to what was going on up until the much smaller girl was standing practically at her feet. How ironic that this would come to pass not long after she'd noted how terrifying her appearance could be to young children... She certainly didn't appear to be afraid, instead throwing out all manner of questions and statements concerning Dia's stature and status.

Rather than kneel as Gabe had tried to do, Dia merely craned her head to look down upon the relatively tiny child, looking mildly flustered as she was cascaded with so many thoughts and questions all at once. Rather than getting upset about the girl stating the obvious, Dia allowed a nervously warm smile to lightly cross her features.

"I'm not actually a hero yet," she admitted openly, speaking to the little girl as an equal rather than fibbing or grandstanding. "But I'm learning how to be one. I'm actually here with my teacher right now while he helps me." And at that, she motioned with one of her shell-encased hands towards her current companion.
Phalanx
Phalanx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:09 pm

"Really!?" The girl looked confused as she finally looked at the angel, but only for a brief second before looking back to the towering giant woman who made her look like an ant. "I thought you'd be a Hero for sure! Can I be a hero too!?"

That would be when the sage voice of the angel would pipe up, bringing the little girls eye's back to him. "Being a Hero isn't easy, but anyone can be a hero, you have to know right from wrong, and even when it's hard, you have to do whats right, without thought of reward or applause. That's why there are very few heroes, little girl." Really he wasn't talking to the little girl in front of them.

The little girl cocked her head. "Huh..." Obviously chewing on the bit of information that was dropped by the angel. "Okay!" And like that the little girl took off from the pair of super powered individuals, stopping only after a few steps to wave at them. "Bye!" Obviously off to tell someone important to her about the encounter with super heroes she'd just had!

"Adorable." Gabe smiled standing up and looking to Dia, as if to address any questions that she would have.

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phalanx on Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:05 pm

Dia was only just parting her lips to answer the girl's question when Gabe decided to interject instead. She was perfectly fine with going silent and allowing him to take over if that was what he wished and so she remained still and quiet as he gave the girl the 'with great power' sort of speech that heroes tended to live by. If it had hit home with her would be impossible to say given the perpetual neutral expression now on her face.

She did smile again, however, when the girl turned and waved, even putting in the effort to raise her hand and offer a quick return wave before dropping her heavy hand back into place at her side.

"I'd like to have a child... someday..." she admitted as Gabe's attention fully came back to her. "If I can even get pregnant... and if I knew they wouldn't end up like me..."
Phalanx
Phalanx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Gabe would motion for them to continuing walking as he turned to walk with her he would remark. "Even with all of your external features, you're still very much human inside." The angel would posit, a soft smile on his face as he continued with the exaggerated steps. "If you're really that concerned with the health effects of your powers, there are doctors at the Superhero Foundation that can give you an answer to that question." He would then shake his head as he started to understand what she was talking about. "You're powers are pretty rough right now, but you're still very young Diamante, and besides if your kid turned out like you she'd be a good girl too."

He would stray from his teacherly training and reach up and give the tall sullen girl a soft pat on the head, it would seem odd to him at first as he was taller than most of the kids in his school. "You'll get through your problems. Don't be too hard on yourself, if you focus inwardly too much you'll miss what's going on around you..."

And what was going on around the pair was pretty grim. Above them floating above the city skycrapers a Helicopter was having trouble, the old seasoned pilot was having a stroke, his body switching between moments of excruciating pain and cold numbness, but to make matters worse, there would be a noise barely audible from the ground as something, likely a pigeon, was sucked into the turbine engine, destroying it completely. This turned a bad situation into an ultimately deadly one! With only one functioning hand and very little control of his tail rotor the pilot steered, through the painful experience of his stroke trying to put the helicopter down onto a nearby roof, as opposed to it crashing into the crowded street below.

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phalanx on Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:24 pm

"...Yeah..." Dia answered hesitantly as she began her slow stroll once again, not really sure what else to say to the information being given to her.

Her head hung low until Gabe took it upon himself to give her a soft pat on the head as if to reassure her at which point she picked it back up and looked to him with a bit of a raised brow. She wasn't really certain what to think of it. She'd never received any pats on the head for obvious reasons; at least not since she was little and of a more normal size.

"...Right..." she answered him after a moment, an awkward half smile pulling lightly at the right corner of her mouth. Despite his words, she really had no idea what was happening above them up till a light blanket of feathers drifted down over them in a fashion that didn't normally happen on the street.

"Huh...?" she muttered to herself, finally looking above to take in what was going on above them.
Phalanx
Phalanx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:14 pm

That was when the helicopter slammed into the skyscraper where the two superheroes were standing, rotor blades flickering off and flying into the air as the sounds of crushing steel and breaking glass filled the air causing the eyes of those on the sidewalk to shoot skyward, watching as bits of glass and the aluminum helicopter body falling down around them, the Helicopter however only partially lodged itself into the building, holding on tenuously as it came to a stop.

There was already screaming in the street as people started to panic, running and tripping, or trampling others around them, some stood eyes up watching the disaster, completely stunned in disbelief, standing right in the fall zone as debris from the accident rained down around them.

Gabe could feel the tingle of electricity run up his spine as he realized what was going on, though a helicopter crash wasn't in his regular thought exercises it wasn't far from the normal ones, pulling his phone from his pocket flicked speed dial #9 for 911. "Diamante!" He called to the girl to snap her own shock. "Get the people away from the fall zone, tell them to stay way from windows!" He ordered, when her eyes came to him, before turning and running into the building, pushing his way through the crowd to the stairwell. This was going to be a long climb....

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phalanx on Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:50 pm

As the helicopter careened straight into the building above right before her eyes, Dia gasped in shock and horror at the sight of it and found herself temporarily overcome with the inability to look away from the sight.

It wasn't until Gabe's voice shouted its way into her subconscious that she was finally able to tear her gaze away from the wreckage, bringing her face back down quickly to address him as he gave her orders.

"R-right...!" she stammered quietly, but urgently with a succinct nod of her head. Nothing in all the books she'd read had prepared her for an event such as this, but she also wasn't about to flee the scene. Instead, she'd just have to do her best as quickly as possible and try not to goof it all up. The thought briefly crossed her mind that she'd almost definitely wish she was dead after this if the helicopter falling on her armored skull wasn't enough to kill her. Trying to run was going to put a lot of stress on her muscles.

Even with that thought in mind, Dia shuffled forward as quickly as her heavily weighted form could carry her even while Gabe did the hard work of racing up the steps of the building to do whatever he was doing from that vantage point. At that, Dia would attempt to begin approaching people that didn't seem to be fleeing the scene, herding them off with words and motions of her hand. At the same time, she'd seek out anyone who would have a difficult time fleeing on their own for whatever reason.
Phalanx
Phalanx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:33 pm

Dia's motions were lost on most people as they continued to look skyward, unaware of their dangerous position almost directly under the helicopter. She would have to do something that would make her uncomfortable if she wanted to get the attention of all of these people and get them out of the way, though she was successful in getting the first few people she approached to get back, at the rate she was going there were going to be a lot of casualties if this helicopter fell down now, and with how precariously it was holding onto the side of the building that could be at any second.

Sprinting up the stairs Gabe got on his phone. "Hello! There's an emergency, there's been a Helicopter crash into the Goldman building in West Citrine. Send Ambulances and Fire. SF Code: Abel, Abel, Two, One Seven." He called into the phone already breathing heavy as he past the fifth floor door. "Thank you." He said back into the phone as he got conformation. "Yes, this is Seraph. I have one other SAFE attendant with me Diamante Spada doing crowd control." That odd twinge of guilt crossed his mind as he realized who he'd set on crowd control in the moment, and the obstacle he'd placed in front of shy girl. "Yeah the Helicopter is IN the building now, but in danger of falling, I'm on my way up to check for survivors!"

Gabe was really really really wishing he could fly right about now as he passed the tenth story door, with only a few more floors remaining.

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum