Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View

3 posters

Go down

Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View Empty Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View

Post by Megalodon Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:47 pm

It was around noon on Saturday and Archie had already finished him homework, so he was relatively free. Despite appearances, Archie was actually quite diligent. He worked hard to achieve his minimal results. He still didn't do very well academically, but it was enough to pass, if barely. As he had nothing else to do, he decided to walk around the shopping district and see if they had anything he wanted. He wasn't looking for anything in particular. He was just waiting for something to catch his eye. Maybe some new music. Even if he had an ipod already, he still liked collecting CDs and old records both as a means of supporting the creators and he thought it was nice to have a physical collection. He wandered around, somewhat absentmindedly, occasionally going into a shop only to leave with nothing in hand. He didn't have much on him. Just his wallet, his ipod with the case signed by Marina Eldoris, and the clothes on his back.
Megalodon
Megalodon

Back to top Go down

Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View Empty Re: Blind Luck and a Bird's Eye View

Post by Vex Fleetwood Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:10 pm

Vex was bored.
Bored, bored, bored, bored, bored!
She’d paid little attention to the change in rules from her school’s dormitory, requiring parent or teacher permission to leave the premises. The young girl was hardly going to follow the rule even if she had thought to read it. She rarely paid much attention to things like rules because they were boring and besides, she could never really bother remembering them. Right now she was just going through the shopping district looking for something interesting. She’d already found a few new things to add to her collection, as the girl called the growing stash of shiny things she’d acquired. She loved things that glittered, shined, or sparkled.

Not that she didn’t take other things too, Vex loved to get new things. She didn’t even really think about silly things like what they were worth, why would you take something if you didn’t want it? At the moment she was just enjoying the shopping center, going from one store to the other with a wide-eyed sort of excitement and energy one might attribute to a childlike glee. Even if Vex was a teenager, there were neat things all around!

Vex Fleetwood
Vex Fleetwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Megalodon Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:53 pm

Archie continued his window shopping in relative peace.  He hadn't found anything he liked yet, but he was mostly just passing the time anyway.  He had gone to all the major stores so now he was stopping by the smaller stores in an area less people went by.  It was cheaper for shop owners to rent a slot in this area as a result and there were a lot of rather unique and unorthodox things there.  Archie set down something that looked like a voodoo doll and left the store that was occupied by only the shop owner and one other customer.  He walked out onto the street with significantly less people than the central hub.  There were still people here and there so it wasn't at all eerie, just quiet.  Archie spotted a music shop that he had visited every so often that had some really obscure titles.  He casually strode over in that direction, hoping to find something interesting.
Megalodon
Megalodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vex Fleetwood Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:51 pm

Vex practically skipped through the shopping area as she continued being entertained by more and more cool stuff being present. Especially as she got further from the more crowded areas it seemed. Several stores had showcased weird and interesting items from what Vex could only assume were strange places. The hyperactive girl had practically bounced around one shop looking at the weird and exotic that seemed to be more present around this part of the shopping district. Vex found the stuff neat, but hadn’t really had much of a chance to really swipe any of the stuff she wanted before the store owner became frustrated with her.

The girl spotted the sun glinting off something to outside, and following the shine with wide eyes brought her to a boy, a shiny looking earbud hanging out of his pocket. Vex’s eyes widened as she noted the pretty shine. Not even taking a moment to think about what could happen if she failed, the girl ran past the boy. Vex would grab one of the hanging earbuds as she ran, pulling the ipod connected to the shiny accessory with her. The girl stopped maybe a dozen feet away briefly, looking over what she got before her eyes widened at what was written on the back of the device.

“oooh! Is this really from Marina?” She asked excitedly, turning around to the boy she just robbed, before frowning remembering she’d just taken the thing. The 14-year-old would suddenly fade out of view as she activated her power. The girl would walk back a bit further, though not visible. From Vex’s point of view it would seem that the world went black. It was strange when she used her power…almost like a TV screen turning off. She’d be able to see, then she couldn’t. Either way the young girl was running blind now. But it was fine, she managed to get something so cool after all!
Vex Fleetwood
Vex Fleetwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Megalodon Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:03 am

Archie was actually in a pretty good mood.  Almost no one had been bugging him about the whole Marina Eldoris deal.  Most had either gotten bored or forgot about the whole thing.  It was nice that things were starting to return to how they had before.  Archie was just thinking about this when he felt a sudden tug at his pocket.  He stepped back, baffled at whoever had just run into him.  It was then that he noticed a familiar device dangling from the hands of some mysterious little girl.  "Wha-?  Hey!  Give that back you thief!"  Archie was about to charge at her when all of the sudden she vanished.  He rubbed his eyes to verify if there was anything wrong with them before realizing.  "Dammit, so she's a super, huh?  In that case..."  Archie held out his right fist as two beams of azure light sprouted from either side.  His left hand turned the same hue and was covered in an electric aura.  He flicked his wrist and an arrow made of shimmering blue electricity appeared.  He set it upon the arced beams of light resembling a bow and carefully watched his surroundings.  If she appeared, he would be ready at any moment to set off an arrow.
Megalodon
Megalodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia R. Evangeline Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:14 am

Celestia was serenely walking down the street in the lesser crowded part of  the Alexandrite Shopping District. She had just finished some volunteer work at one of the homeless shelters and was heading to buy some knitting stuff so she could knit some socks. She was just enjoying the various shops and wares when she felt something bump into her hard. She then looked around in a rather confused fashion before looking straight ahead. She couldn't see who or what had bumped into her, but said person or thing had enough mass to crash into her. She then stood there thinking before speaking.

"Please kindly reveal yourself. I am harmless and don't intend to hurt you." Celestia spoke in a very polite manner.
Celestia R. Evangeline
Celestia R. Evangeline

Back to top Go down

Post by Vex Fleetwood Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:19 pm

Vex laughed as she ran off, hearing the boy yelling out behind her. She’d had people try to catch her before, and that was usually a lot of fun. Almost like a game of tag, the girl didn’t even consider the fact that often it was much less fun for those chasing her. The thought not even popping into her head. She blinked when she suddenly felt herself collide with somebody, tumbling to the ground as she rebounded off of them. She didn’t know what was going on, shrugging when a voice asked her to reveal herself. The fourteen-year-old would almost seem to fake back into view The world shifting once more from it’s previous inky blackness to what she’d call normal. “hehe…oops sorry! Are you ok?” She asked bouncing back to her feet before frowning.

Her knee seemed to have gotten a little scrapped, and the shiny headphones had apparently come out from the ipod somehow, sailing across the area back towards where she’d been running from. Vex frowned wanting to go back and get the shiny. “Sorry but I’ll be right back!” She called out, trying to run after the earbuds, not even considering the possibility of her pursuer catching up. The shiny was more important!
Vex Fleetwood
Vex Fleetwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Megalodon Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:44 pm

Archie spotted a girl suddenly get bumped backwards, seemingly by nothing, and turned his full attention there.  Such a strange circumstance was suspicious with a super about.  His suspicion was correct when the thief suddenly faded back into existence.  He readied his arrow to shoot, but hesitated, realizing the proximity to the civilian.  He grit his teeth in frustration.  To his luck, the girl seemed to have dropped his headphones and ran back to grab them.  He quickly loosed an arrow.  It flew and landed in the path of Vex and the headphones.  The thin blue stream of light appeared to be sticking out of the ground and it crackled with electricity.  "Stop right there, you damn thief.  Give me back my ipod and headphones now, or else the next one won't miss.  I've been practicing for a long time, so I'm pretty confident in my aim right now."  Archie's eyes were filled with anger, but in a way that was controlled and calm.  Archie flicked his wrist and another arrow appeared, ready to be nocked.
Megalodon
Megalodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia R. Evangeline Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:55 pm

"Pardon me for interrupting you. Would you kindly lower your weapon?" Celestia spoke up as she walked up to the man who had his weapon out and ready to fire. Celestia was never the type to use violence to settle the situation. Instead, Celestia was planning to talk to both the man and the robber and see if they can talk this out. To her, a pacifist style solution was the best way to go about things.

"If you would allow, I would like to talk to the girl. Maybe I could convince her to return item to you." Celestia added in a very serene and tranquil tone of voice.
Celestia R. Evangeline
Celestia R. Evangeline

Back to top Go down

Post by Vex Fleetwood Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:23 pm

Vex stopped in her dash for the shiny when the ground in front of her suddenly seemed to erupt in sparks , a weird glowy thing sticking out of it. Vex frowned when the boy spoke out apparently angry about something. She frowned, sticking her tongue at him immaturely. “Come over here and get it, Jerk!” She yelled back, sticking her tongue out again at him maturely. before suddenly turning around to see the girl she’d run into earlier.

She was ready to run off again, probably invisibly when the girl spoke out, making Vex more than a bit curious. “aw, things were getting fun!” The girl intoned somewhat disappointed that the chase didn’t go on longer. The potential damage the shock arrows could do ignored in favor of how much fun she thought she might have in the chase. She noticed the second arrow, hiding behind the older girl immediately after noticing it. She considered using the moment to continue running away but….maybe this girl had something neat to take too?
Vex Fleetwood
Vex Fleetwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Megalodon Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:20 pm

Archie scoffed at the strange woman that had suddenly showed up and intervened.  "If you wanna try, go right ahead.  But you should know there is no talking to people like that."  Archie emphasized the last part scornfully.  "I'll let you talk, but the moment she makes a move, I'm not letting you stop me.  My next arrow will hit her."  Archie lowered his hands.  He did not dispel his bow or his arrow, but kept them down and ready to bring back into position at a moments notice.  He was not going to let some thief, regardless of it being a girl or a child, make away with his valuable possessions.  Archie glared at the little thief.  "You hear that?  This is your last chance.  You better comply, because I'm not the type of guy to give more than a second chance, no matter who they are."  Archie would keep his eyes glued to the little girl, wary of every movement she made.  The moment she made a break for it, he would be ready.
Megalodon
Megalodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia R. Evangeline Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:18 pm

Celestia nodded before walking over to the girl who was about make a move. She quickly walked in front of the girl so she could look at her face-to-face. The girl was in the process of making her move. However, Celestia had a feeling that this will get her shot, so she started speaking to the girl.

"I managed to convince him to stop shooting at you. However, I would like to talk to you." Celestia began speaking in a polite yet subtly stern manner. She wasn't mad at the girl since she noticed that she was somewhat misguided. Instead of using violence, maybe a bit of talking things out might convince the girl to return the stolen item back to its owner.
Celestia R. Evangeline
Celestia R. Evangeline

Back to top Go down

Post by Vex Fleetwood Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:04 pm

Post by SirenSong Today at 3:22 pm

Vex frowned up at the older girl. The boy's calling out to her only making her want to resume the chase further. To Vex the threats were little more than part of a familiar game. She liked being chased almost as much as taking the neat stuff to begin with. The idea that the arrows would actually hurt her didn't even factor into her mind really.

She regarded the older girl again before stopping, the girl's stern tone somehow reaching her despite her normal tendency to ignore silly things like that. "Fine, I'll talk to you." Vex conceeded
Vex Fleetwood
Vex Fleetwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Megalodon Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:25 pm

The arrow that had been shot into the ground flickered out of existence. Where it was there was no hole in the ground or any indication it had been there aside from a bit of soot. Archie waited patiently, not making a sound or any move to attack or change his position. Still, he kept watchful of the two girls. While he knew the thief was bad, he didn't know anything about the other girl. She could be just as bad, or she could be working with the thief. Archie would wait and see, suspicious of the two in front of him. Ready to fire at either should the need arise.
Megalodon
Megalodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia R. Evangeline Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:34 pm

"Would you come over here then?" Celestia asked politely as she motioned for the girl to come to her. She had positioned herself in such a way that the girl would be forced to talk to her. She tend waited with a serene smile for the girl to make her move. Celestia hoped she was going to take the much more simpler option of talking with her and just returning the item back to it owner. Personally, she wasn't sure how powerful the archer's arrows were so she decided to operate under the assumption that they could potentially do some damage.
Celestia R. Evangeline
Celestia R. Evangeline

Back to top Go down

Post by Vex Fleetwood Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:09 pm

Vex frowned again, she didn’t really know if she wanted to do this talking thing. It sounded boring and like she could be doing something fun Instead. Vex was hardly a patient girl, and even just standing around here was making her fidget somewhat, feeling uncomfortable not doing anything. She followed the woman, seemingly not even noticing the threats the boy had made to her as anything serious.

“So…whatcha wanna talk about?” She asked almost innocently. Her eyes almost habitually scanning for anything neat worth taking, especially something shiny. She liked shiny stuff. Her eyes flicked back to where the headphones were, and it’d be obvious to anyone Vex was only half paying arttention to the other girl at most.
Vex Fleetwood
Vex Fleetwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia R. Evangeline Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:21 pm

"Now that I got your attention. I have but one simple request. Please return the item you stole to its owner. If you willingly return the item to him, he might be willing to let the matter drop and let you go. I know that you have other places to be." Celestia spoke in her serene manner as she looked at the girl with a very disarming smile before glancing at the man with a very slight smile to see if he was willing to let the girl go.

However, she kept an eye on the girl just in case she wanted to make a move. Celestia was a patient young woman, but she wasn't the type to let her run off without having her return the item to its rightful owner.
Celestia R. Evangeline
Celestia R. Evangeline

Back to top Go down

Post by Vex Fleetwood Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:53 pm

Vex nodded along to the girl not, she listened to the girl and thought about it. There were probably more neat stuff she could find around here, and she knew she was supposed to go back to the school soon, though the fact she wasn’t supposed to have even left the grounds didn’t factor into the girl’s thought process. To Vex it was more that she wanted to avoid being bored, and get the things she did find into her dorm quick as possible. After all, she had to add them to her collection, and maybe find some more neat things too! The need to find something she could use was hardly prevalent in the girl’s mind.

She gave a loud hmmmm at the idea. She didn’t really like the idea of just giving the thing back, that sounded boring, and dumb to her mind. She didn’t really see why it mattered if the guy gave up or not, heck it would probably make things more boring. That thought seemed to settle it in Vex’s mind and she regarded the other girl with a mischievous smile. “Nope!” She exclaimed just before suddenly fading out of view as she activated her power. The world went dark as she would seemingly disappear, moving to the side from where the other girl had been. She moved several paces before becoming visible again. Regarding the boy with a cheeky expression.
Vex Fleetwood
Vex Fleetwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Megalodon Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:48 am

Archie kept his eyes trained on the two suspicious individuals.  The girl turned to ask for his approval of if he would let the thief go if she returned his possession.  "Only if she returns it right away.  Any more than that and I'm getting the police involved."  So he waited, semi-patiently, to see if the girl could somehow manage to convince the thief.  He doubted she would, but who knew.  Maybe she was really charismatic, or the thief wasn't so bad after all.  Despite these thoughts, Archie never let down his guard.  He watched the thief making very little effort to properly listen to the girl, stealing the occasional side glance at his headphones still on the ground.  He tensed, readying himself for the inevitable.  

Suddenly, she disappeared.  Archie immediately loosed an arrow in the path of the headphones, predicting that would be her target, but it only hit the ground once more.  He immediately flicked his wrist and prepared another arrow, scanning the surroundings for any sign of her.  The instant she appeared he was ready, and his improved eyes focused in.  He aimed and fired in an instant and the blue streak of light flew directly at the thief.  It would hit if she was unable to dodge.  If it hit, a shock would run through the body, rendering them temporarily paralyzed.  It would last a minute at most, but hat would be more than enough time.  They would also not take any noticeable damage, aside from the initial pain of the stunning shock.  Archie shot a quick accusatory glance at Celestia, "What did I tell you?  People like that won't listen.  You shouldn't have anything more to complain about this, right?"
Megalodon
Megalodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vex Fleetwood Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:04 pm

Vex stiffened as the glowy arrow hit her, The energy from the attack dispersing into her body and causing her body to spasm as her body rebelled against her, the sudden paralysis made the girl frown as she tried to move, her body rebelling against her as she tried to move herself, only to find herself unable to. This was weird, Vex noted, and the pain she’d felt only served to cause her far more distress, though not near as much as the sudden inability to move herself.

Vex still wasn’t exactly sure what happened, outside of the fact she got hit with something. She could connect the dots to realize it was the same thing the boy had shot at her earlier, but she didn’t really get why. Jerk. “Hey, whaddja do that for!” She yelled out, her ability to move slowly returning as the pain subsided. The stolen ipod would be easy for Archie to retrieve while she had been paralyzed, and after recovering Vex would give the man a scandalized look, as though she was having trouble understanding why he would have zapped her.
Vex Fleetwood
Vex Fleetwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Megalodon Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:02 pm

Archie casually walked up to the now paralyzed thief.  He kept his right hand clenched, thus keeping the bow out and ready if needed.  He stood next to the girl lying on the ground and scowled at her.  He bent down and snatched his ipod from her, placing it in his pocket without looking at it.  "I ought to report you to the police for that.  But I did manage to get my ipod back.  Though if I ever catch you doing something like that again, I won't be as forgiving." Archie began to walk away when he heard Vex finally managing an attempt at righting herself.  He half turned back to her.  "Don't try again.  I'm more than willing to let loose more arrows if you come after me."  He turned away again, but kept his bow ready in case she decided to come at him again.
Megalodon
Megalodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vex Fleetwood Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:13 pm

Vex ignored the threats, not really getting why he was making them anyways. “Jerk” She called out, sticking her tongue out at the older boy before running off in the other direction. She didn’t seem to understand why the boy had been acting like that before, as if unable to connect her own actions to Archie’s reaction. In Vex’s mind the two things were unconnected events with little real correlation between the events.

The girl would get a fair distance from the area she’d gotten caught in, before quickly getting back into mischief as a shiny caught her eye. The event seemed almost a distant memory to Vex, as she began once again to work at swiping the shiny object, not knowing or caring how little the trinket’s actual value.
Vex Fleetwood
Vex Fleetwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Megalodon Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Archie saw the thief run off, though didn't let his guard down until he saw her round a corner. That invisibility could be a rather tricky power to deal with. Satisfied with the conclusion, Archie brought back out his headphones and reconnected them to his ipod. He pressed the home button, ready to play his music and forget about the whole ordeal when he noticed it wouldn't turn on. "What? It was working fine just a big ago. Did it die? No, it was at like half battery." He smacked the side of it a couple times, repeatedly checking the power button in futility. It was then that he realized a horrifying possibility. That girl had been holding his ipod when he zapped her. It couldn't have, right? His heart sunk. "You have to be f-"
Megalodon
Megalodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down