Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
The Dinner Party I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
The Dinner Party I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
The Dinner Party I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
The Dinner Party I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
The Dinner Party I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
The Dinner Party I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
The Dinner Party I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
The Dinner Party I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
The Dinner Party I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

The Dinner Party

2 posters

Go down

The Dinner Party Empty The Dinner Party

Post by Equilibrium Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:29 pm

Bright lights, fancy music, expensive clothes... The Equilan twins were overjoyed. A fancy party was being thrown at the Diamond Dozen Hotel, and their parents, being two of the largest clothing designers in Ruby City, were invited, and now that the twins were sixteen, they were finally able to attend as well. Yin was wearing onyx-black heels and a beautiful, shimmering white mermaid-style dress, while her brother wore a sleek black tuxedo and hard-soled white dress shoes. The party was taking place in the large penthouse suite, but the entire hotel was decorated for the occasion; a large crystal chandelier hung in the lobby, fancy lights and banners decorated everything, and the whole place smelled of fresh foods. The twins walked around the penthouse in a sort of fascinated daze, soaking in all the sights and sounds. They stopped by the food table and both picked up a glass of sparkling grape juice.
Finally, someplace we truly fit in. Yin thought.
Many interesting individuals, lots of people watching... Yang agreed.
Tonight will be interesting indeed.

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

The Dinner Party Empty Re: The Dinner Party

Post by SirenSong Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:25 pm

The fanciness of the party, and indeed its guests was hardly lost on Marina even if this wasn’t quite the first time the idol had attended one of these functions, and he had more than gathered the reasoning behind it long ago. Connections being made, and often business dealings being had right there and then. She’d had more than a few times gotten a contract or performance after meeting people at these functions. Of course, only those worthy of attending were ever invited, and it reflected as much in the clothing as well as the people wearing them. Marina himself had mixed feelings, knowing he would never have had the success he’d had without these types of functions…but at the same time knowing there were more than enough risks within these places. It showed as much in the gossip, the idol noted as she giggled at a rumor about another celebrity by an acquaintance, before politely excusing himself from the conversation with some business executive’s daughter.

His dress was a fancy enough, slightly conservative black and white dress made by an up and coming designer that had gained quite a bit of attention over the last few weeks. With some black, high heeled shoes that were probably equally expensive. Fortunately, Marina knew how to walk, and even perform in heels, and so didn’t have any real issues. He found his way to the table of food, all of which seemed well suited to the high-class crowd before frowning. His agent was nowhere to be seen, he noted as he peered around, the click of her heels allowing soundwaves to travel out and return to give him more than enough knowledge of the positioning of those around him, making avoiding any accidental contact easy for the singer.

He sighed before looking down at the food, his agent had a habit of being stringent about his diet, perhaps overly so. There were a couple of unfamiliar faces nearby, but these parties tended to have newcomers regularly enough to the point it wasn’t abnormal. His stomach rumbled as he looked at the food tempting him, before voicing his own thoughts, more attempting to convince himself than speaking to anyone else. “I guess it wouldn’t hurt to cheat…just a little.” His agent wasn’t around to hear fortunately for him, as the Idol knew he’d probably be worked extra hard just for even thinking of risking putting on extra pounds, Ignoring the fact he was already slender, and had more than likely already made up for it. His current publicity creating no shortage of work lately from ads to modeling. Even a handful of theater based offers he was still deliberating.

SirenSong

Back to top Go down

Post by Equilibrium Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:04 pm

The twins glanced over at the young woman who came over to the food table next to them. They instantly recognized her conservative black and white dress as one of their parents' rivals, some new guy who had no business breaking into their parent's industry. Naturally, the two scoffed audibly at her approach; the purpose of these galas was to find out who was in which crowds, and they had no trouble letting people know where they stood.
"Lovely colors." Yang said, obviously directing it towards the girl.
"Awful design." Yin added.
The two walked over to the girl, standing on either side of her, eyeing her up and down; immediately from their power, they could tell that she was lying about some core part of her identity, so now they had to find that identity. She looked vaguely familiar, but their shared mind couldn't place it. So they had to roll with what little they had.
"Marco's design lack heart and soul." Yin continued.
"Take my sister's dress for example." Yang elaborated, pointing at the mermaid dress. "Strapless, to demonstrate freedom."
"The ruffles at the bottom, a playfulness of spirit."
"And yours..." They said in unison, eyeing the girl's dress up and down. "Says... nothing."

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenSong Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:04 pm

Marin frowned as the two new faces she’d only noticed passively scoffed at her audibly, something that made the idol singer more than a bit displeased. She wasn’t used to having people turn their noses up at her, nor anything else of the nature and turned to look at the two as the began to criticize his dress, before mentally recomposing himself before he did something reckless. Marin knew better than to go making enemies at these types of functions, especially ones within his own age group. He’d seen more than one new singer end up angering the wrong person, or the wrong person’s child and suddenly find their career taking a sharp turn that usually resulted in irrelevance. She blinked at the comment about the dress’s design, looking over the two.

They looked rather similar, and Marina already had them pegged as brother and sister even before having seen them. He frowned, before deciding on a course of action, not particularly happy about the criticism. “It wasn’t my first choice admittedly.” She responded, his eyes flicking from one sibling to another. Twins? It seemed like it at least, or at the very least very close siblings. “Truthfully, I usually prefer other designers, Marco has a worrying tendency towards being a bit…plain.” He admitted, deciding to go with the path of least resistance. Not that what he was saying was really a lie, as he himself preferred an outfit that would be at least a bit more eye-catching. “Unfortunately, my agent doesn’t share such views…He seems to be under the impression Marco will be the next big thing.”

Or maybe it was just that her agent was trying to court a new up and coming designer to work on designing his stage clothes, but then Marina thought that was something less important. The fact he didn’t recognize the two at all told him they were more likely in the category of “rich” rather than famous, Marin didn’t think he recognized the two from anything specifically, though maybe their names would give him some idea of just who’s kids these were. The two seemed to have some knowledge of fashion…so perhaps some designer’s children? Or simply the types to frequent these events more than he’d first thought. The singer reached quickly decided to grab something to eat, selecting what looked the most satisfying for once. He’d worry about his diet later, he’d decided. The lecture his manager would give would be inevitable, but he supposed there was nothing to be done about that. Especially since he’d come here right after leaving a commercial shoot and hadn’t had any real time to eat some proper food.

Regarding the twins, the idol gave a curious look. “So, any chance I can ask who this free, playful spirit is then?”

SirenSong

Back to top Go down

Post by Equilibrium Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Immediately upon hearing her response, their facial expressions instantly shifted from smug to sympathetic. "Your agent seems to be a might controlling." Yang said.
"And a bit out of touch as well." Yin added. "Surely you can do better than a prude such as him."
"Or at the very least, you can persuade him to take on a more... popular designer."
The two watched skeptically as the girl filled her plate with more "filling" foods; a girl with an agent, a strict agent at that, surely wouldn't approve, but that simply made the girl more interesting. When she asked who Yin was, the two instantly lit up.
"Oh, forgive us, how very rude we were. This is my lovely sister, Yin Equilan." Yang explained, gesturing lovingly towards Yin, who bowed her head in greeting.
"And that there is my perfect brother, Yang Equilan." Yin mirrored her brother's gesture, who mirrored her greeting.
"Our parents run the Equilan clothing line, which we are wearing today." They concluded in unison.
The two took a unified sip of their sparkling drinks; their tones had shifted toward a much friendlier one once she explained her feelings on Marco's design, and were now thinking of how they could convince her to potentially wear their parent's designs. First, though, they had to place her, even with their combined mind, which infuriated them.
"And who are you, if you don't mind us asking?" Yin asked.
"With an agent and a body that can wear even one of Marco's designs well, we apologize for not recognizing you immediately."

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenSong Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm

Marin internally was happy he’d managed to avoid alienating the two as their tone seemed to change, from condescending to sympathetic. Not to mention they were correct that her agent was in fact strict. “You don’t know the half of it.” He responded, more than happy to have what seemed tom be somebody sympathetic. She rarely got a real chance to vent about things like this, not really being close to a lot of people his own age due to the amount of time his career tended to take. “Unfortunately, he’s written into my contract, and the agency doesn’t seem to want to replace him any time soon.”

She blinked at the twins’ names, taking a moment to place it with a frown. She’d had an offer from the company they claimed their parents owned at one point or another, some modeling and advertising work most likely, but had ended up canceling due to scheduling problems, and another celeb had ended up taking the job in question. He wasn’t sure whether to be insulted or simply surprised when they asked who he was. As the Idol wasn’t quite used to not being recognized on sight at this point in his career. The idol settled on simple surprise and gave an embarrassed laugh at the question. “Ah sorry, I’m not really used to having to introduce myself anymore. Marina Eldoris.” She introduced, wondering how the two would react. Some of the wealthier guests at these events tended to play off meeting celebrities as nothing special, while he’d had just as many that turned out to be rather excitable fans.

Naturally he preferred the later, but couldn’t really hold it against the former, as the shock of meeting famous people tended to wear down after a while. The twins themselves seemed to fall a bit more into the eccentric rich category, with how they seemed to address each other.

SirenSong

Back to top Go down

Post by Equilibrium Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:34 am

"Marina Eldoris..." The twins said the name aloud in unison; after a moment both of their faces lit up with recognition.
"Ah, yes, we've heard of you!" Yin exclaimed.
"You're a fairly popular singer, yes?" Her brother asked.
The two smiled warmly at her; it was important to keep up appearances, and insulting someone with as much public love behind them as Marina did was a risky move; they'd never hear the end of it from their parents if they did.
"Yang and I have heard quite a few of your songs."
"We typically aren't fans of pop music, but you offer enough variety to keep our attention." Yang said this as though it was an honor or an impressive feat to keep them entertained in such a fashion; it was clear even through this compliment they were more focused on themselves.
"Dearest sister, I just had a thought." Yang announced, abruptly switching from addressing Marina to his sister despite keeping his eyes firmly on the idol.
"What is it, beloved brother?"
"Perhaps we could take mother and father into making some sort of deal with Marina and her tight-lipped agent."
"Agents always bend their morals in the name of a better deal, after all."
"Beautiful Marina here wears one of mother's dresses during a performance-"
"-And she gets some money for advertising such a wonderful piece of art."

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenSong Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Marina grinned as the realization reached the twins. She wasn’t sure how to feel about the following comments but decided to mainly take it in stride. She didn’t really think of herself as any specific genre to be honest, even if most of her songs fell into one. Either way it did touch upon something he’d been thinking on recently, but he put the thought to the side for now. Either way Marin defined the twins’ words to be a compliment, listening as the two seemed to almost be talking more to each other than him. ‘Yeah, I like to try new things every once in a while, though the record company usually doesn’t want too much different. It’s all about what sells for them,” The singer would answer in response to the comments about his music. There would be a somewhat disappointed tone to the comment, making it evident Marin would much prefer to be able to be more experimental with his art, though he managed to get away with it on occasion.

He blinked at what sounded like an offer, being familiar enough with things like that. Either way it seemed exciting to Marina, he loved trying out new clothes and new designers. It sounded like fun to her, and she knew her agent would probably be more than happy with it even if it wasn’t exactly a guarantee. “Sounds great, I love trying out different designers…and your parents work seems more than cute enough.” The idol reached into her handbag, taking a moment to find one of her agent’s business cards before holding it out. Marin was suitably distracted enough not to notice but his hand would end up brushing against the hand of the female twin’s hand as the card was handed off. Barely enough to be noticeable, but it would certainly be enough to trigger Marin’s power.

SirenSong

Back to top Go down

Post by Equilibrium Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:15 pm

Yin gladly reached out to take Marina's card, and her finger lightly grazed Marina's. Almost immediately upon contact, Yin went somewhat rigid, staring at the idol, but saying nothing. Yang felt a similar pull towards the beautiful model, but not the same as his sister seemed to be experiencing.
How was that possible?
Sister dearest? Yang thought. No response. "Sister?" He repeated aloud, again to no avail. His breath quickened, he was nearly hyperventilating; he was alone, for the first time, he couldn't reach his sister, and she was only a few feet away. He stepped around Marina and roughly grabbed his sister by the shoulder pulling her back from Marina. "YIN!" He exclaimed, in a tone far more serious for the situation.
Yin blinked coming back to reality. I-I... I'm sorry, brother. She thought, their shared mind once again stabilizing. As it did, Yang realized what it was that gave his sister pause; Marina was beautiful, fascinating. The infatuation began to fade almost as quickly as it came, but there was something about her the two couldn't quite shake; she had them hooked, even though they couldn't quite figure out why.
"So sorry for my brother's outburst, Marina." Yin explained suddenly, realizing there was an awkward silence hanging in the air.
"Yes, I apologize as well. I am simply... Well, I've never seen her like that. I was worried someone had spiked her drink."
Are we lying to her, good brother?
Only a little, dear sister. I don't think truth is needed here.

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenSong Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:17 pm

Marin realized what had likely happened as soon as the girl froze up, though he was more than a bit confused over the reaction. His power was one that had a rather wide range of effects he’d learned, as people acted different depending largely on who they were when they liked someone. Still it was the other twin’s sudden panic that was a bit stranger, though also understandable given the sudden reaction.
“Ah yeah, that would probably be bad,” Marina answered, though he already knew more or less what had happened to the girl. Her strange almost mental reboot was far more concerning, as that wasn’t exactly how most people reacted. Still it at least wasn’t going to end in a public scandal, no matter how strangely these twins seemed to react. The idol hadn’t really noticed anything about Yang’s behavior, as he was focused more on the girl’s behavior.

“Ah, maybe you should at least take a seat, at least so we can be sure some weird guy doesn’t show up to try something.” It was far from an unreasonable request to Marina, and she knew it wasn’t unheard of for things like that to happen at these kinds of events, no matter how high class the patrons might be. Really Marina figured her power was already in effect, and so it likely couldn’t get any worse…though the truth was she was a bit curious about the strange reaction Yin had to it. There was also the possibility that he could explain things if they were out of earshot of the others around them. After all, while his sonic powers were somewhat better known, Marina’s other abilities were not.

The trap’s heels clicking on the floor was enough to be able to tell the layout of the room easily enough, and he would grab the twin by the hand gently, leading her and likely by extension her brother over to an area with a few chairs around. As isolated as they were likely to get at such a public function, with less people around it though it was still in general view of the other guests at the party. “I think we can sit over here.” The idol stated, still carrying her plate of food balanced easily on her free hand. Hopefully she could just explain what had happened without anything getting more awkward.

SirenSong

Back to top Go down

Post by Equilibrium Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:53 pm

The twins followed Marina over to the seating area. Yang looked more and more nervous as he looked over to his sister, trying to communicate with her silently with no response, and Yin simply stared, fascinated at the idol leading her by the hand. When they reached the seating area and sat down, Yang forcefully took both of his sister's hands as he sat next to her, setting their hands on their knees. "Beloved sister, you're troubling me." He said, his voice cracking with nerves. "What is wrong? Why are you not answering me?"
It took a moment for Yin to drag her gaze away from Marina, but she finally turned back to her brother, their minds once again rejoining each other. "Sorry, brother kind... I am... Fascinated." She muttered.
Yang opened his mouth to press further, but as their minds rejoined, the infatuation came with it; Yang turned to Marina, the same stare of intrigue starting to creep into his brow. "I... Understand." He exhaled.

Equilibrium

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenSong Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:50 pm

Marina sat down in one of the chairs as more than a bit relieved to break the contact. While he didn’t necessarily feel any describable sensation when his power activated, he did feel SOMETHING strangely enough. The brother seemed to be acting weird too, and part of Marina wanted badly to know what was going on. First he’d been freaked out about…something, and then it almost seemed like he was somehow affected by the Idol’s powers as well. Then again, that wouldn’t make any sense, so Marin decided to discount it still it felt like there was definitely aomething he was missing out on.

Either way, the pop idol knew she should probably fill them in, so that maybe she could learn a bit more about what was going on.  “Whatever it is you’re feeling, it’s not real.” The idol half whispered, worried about the possibility of them being overheard.  Marina sighed noticing the looks both twins were giving him though, worried whatever was going might be her power evolving in some way. The possibility was scary, considering how many problems it already gave him. “Let’s just…wait it out and I’ll explain.”

SirenSong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down