Crowd Funding

Go down

Crowd Funding

Post by Vexation on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:30 pm

Mary sat in the booth of the restaurant Master Sai brought her to with her head lowered slightly. He had asked for her opinion on what they should eat, so she gave it. She vaguely remembered the small Chinese food restaurant from before her retraining, so it was the only option she was able to offer up. It still seemed quite odd to her that he was asking her opinion on anything; she had been taught that she would not have any say in anything again, so Master Sai doing so confused her. She pointed out that he had said at an earlier time that it was important they stay hidden and safe while Master Shoushan was still hunting her, but he had explained that Jadetown was widely neutral territory, and Master Shoushan would likely not risk an all-out war with the lawful super who watched over it. Since Master Sai seemed content to eat in this location, Mary was content to follow. She sat in the booth with her back to the door, a request from Master Sai as an extra level of security, just in case. The waitress had taken their order, so now she sat in silence, staring blankly at the menu on the table in front of her.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crowd Funding

Post by Silent on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Sai tapped his fingers across the table, his eyes on Mary. While he was in more civilian attire, he still had his combat knife tucked into his leg, and his pistol was tucked in to the back of his pants. He was still prepared, that was the kind of life he lived after all. Right now though, his focus was on Mary, the girl that had so...interestingly come in to his life recently. "So tell me something Mary, what do you remember about your life before I rescued you. Actually, let me rephrased. What do you remember before Shoushan started changing you?"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:08 pm

Mary blinked at the menu for a moment, her expression still empty. Flashes of memory darted through her mind, but she couldn't quite grab onto anything long enough to articulate a thought. Colors, smells, sounds, but nothing that could provide an answer. For nearly a full minute, she didn't respond. Finally she raised her head slightly. "I was rebellious. Master Shoushan and his trainers reprimanded me on that frequently. I remember arguing. Not with anyone in particular; I don't remember anyone before I was put in The Chair. But I do remember arguing frequently. I think I liked to disobey for the sake of it." She immediately lowered her head again at the last sentence. "It was a mistake, and I have been retrained for the better." The sentence came out as an automatic response, the tone notably different from the rest of her answer. She fell silent again after this, staring blankly at the table; part of her wanted to try to remember more, but she knew better than to do so. It would be a form of defiance to try and remember such a disobedient lifestyle, lest she be tempted to return.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:12 pm

Sai listened in silence, not interrupting for he knew that Mary would immediately silence herself for fear of speaking over Sai. It was useful for a robot, but this kind of....treatment was something that was not to Sai's liking. He was good at what he did, but Master was not a title he ever imagined having. Thug, that was one that he was okay with. A very well paid thug, but a thug nonetheless. "You'll have to do what you can to try and remember more. If we're ever going to find where you came from, it'll have to be through more of your memories than anything else. Besides, it'll also give us an edge on Shoushan. Maybe you were targeted, or we can at least learn how he gets his people. The more we learn about him, the sooner we can do something about him. Right now, we're in the dark"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Mary looked up at Master Sai and blinked at him; her brow furrowed for a moment, a rare display of expression as she couldn't contain her confusion, but it instantly faded as she nodded. "Yes, sir. If it will help us fight Master Shoushan, I can continue to try." She looked down and fell silent for a moment again. An image flashed in her mind, and she spoke before thinking. "It was near the Fireopal. Where his men found me. I remember that much." Immediately upon saying this, anxiety gripped her chest, and she felt nauseous. Master Shoushan and her trainer had made it very clear she was never to discuss her "collection", but aiding her Master was always the highest priority, and Master Sai directly asked about these events.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:26 pm

"Fireopal huh?" Sai said rhetorically to himself as he thought about that. East Diamond wasn't too big on security, but it was surprising that Shoushan would grab people up in Jadetown when it was supposed to be neutral territory. Perhaps that was something that Sai would have to remember. "Well, just keep remembering what you can and tell me whenever something comes up. You never know when a small detail might help lead to a big revelation."
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:51 pm

Mary nodded in agreement, not verbalizing a response. She remained silent for the next several minutes. Eventually, the waitress returned, placing their drinks in front of them. She looked back and forth from Mary to Master Sai. "Have you two figured out what you want to eat yet, or do you need another minute?" She asked politely.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:53 pm

"Yes, thank you. I'll take the sweet and sour pork lunch special, and please add some crab rangoons on to that as well please" Sai said as he gathered his menu and motioned to Mary. "Alright Mary, let her know what you'd like now. You can have whatever you want remember. We just got paid after all"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Mary blinked again. He was allowing her to choose her own meal; he was very different from what Master Shoushan and her trainer explained having a master would be like... It was confusing. Her eyes shifted to the menu, reading it for the first time since it was placed in front of her. She opened her mouth to speak when suddenly a loud gunshot rang out from the front of the busy restaurant. She closed her mouth, and her gaze hardened as she listened and waited.
Standing at the entrance to the restaurant was a muscular chinese man in a well tailored suit, holding a silver pistol in one hand that he just fired into the air. After a moment, he looked around, his eyes finally settling on Sai and the back of Mary's head. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a fat wallet. "In this wallet I have ten thousand dollars." He announced. He pointed his pistol at the booth the two were seated in. "I give it to the man who brings me the woman in that booth, and kills the man with her." He dropped the pistol on the table in front of him, occupied by two young men. "I'll be outside." With that, the man turned around and headed back outside the restaurant.
There was a tense few moments of silence before Sai would hear violent movement in the booth behind him. A man had stood up and rushed around the booth with one of the restaurant's knives in hand, stabbing at Sai. The waitress let out a scream and fled back to the kitchen.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Sai immediately reached behind him and rested his hand on the pistol in his pants. Seeing the man eyeing them, Sai didn't even have to guess who this was: one of Shoushan's dogs. He stayed silent before watching the man lay the money down and offer it to anyone that would kill Sai and take Mary. Boy, this guy had no idea who they were dealing with. "Mary, anyone that tries to harm either of us, kill them" Sai said simply. He had a feeling things were about to get very ugly here.

Hearing the movement, Sai reacted more quickly. As the knife came forward, Sai easily gripped the man's arm and made him stab the seat rather than Sai's skin. After that, he kicked out the man's leg before his other hand grabbed the man's face and smashed it across the table. Standing up, Sai quickly pulled out both knife and gun as he looked around. "That's the one warning I'm giving. Next person to take a strike at us, you're dead"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:17 pm

The man, who clearly had no combat training, cried out in pain and rolled onto the ground, moaning. Mary immediately grabbed the knife he dropped to aid her in carrying out Master Sai's orders. She gripped the knife tightly and turned her head so she could see the rest of the restaurant. The two men at the table the Chinese man stopped in front of looked at each other, smirked, and immediately stood up. One of them snatched up the pistol the man left behind while the other pulled out one of his own. They walked in opposite directions, making it impossible for Master Sai to quickly aim from one to the other. They pointed their weapons at him and grinned. "Easy payday!" One of them cheered.
Hostile movements, flanking maneuvers, cheap taunts. It was safe to assume they intended to harm Master Sai. Mary stood up in her booth and immediately hurled her knife towards one of the two men. It missed the mark, but caused him to duck nonetheless. Taking advantage of the situation, she stepped onto the head of the booth and propelled herself across the table behind them and tackled the man to the ground, pinning him and crushing his throat with her grip.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Idiots. Sai always kept his word, and that was truly the one warning that they were going to get. As the two men separated, Sai just saw one ducking in time and so he decided to turn and aim at the other one. Firing, he double tapped the man right in the chest with refined accuracy. Unlike these idiots, he was a professional, or at least close enough to be one at this point. Running over, Sai moved to stay near Mary, wanting to make sure that she stayed safe. She was the target after all. "We need to get out of here Mary"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:32 pm

Mary had just finished crushing the man's throat when Master Sai approached her, issuing a new order. She stood up, leaving the man's corpse on the floor. As she did, a large black man rushed over, landing a solid swing with one of the chairs on Master Sai's shoulder, likely knocking the gun from his hands. The man grabbed Sai and flipped him onto a table. "Nothin' personal, bud. I got debts need payin' is all." He said before beginning to swing at Master Sai's face with his free hand. Immediately, Mary moved in to help him, but someone grabbed the back of her hair and violently pulled her back into the booth. She turned to try and defend herself, but as she did they splashed her face with what smelled like soy sauce, burning her eyes. She winced in pain, but suppressed her instinct to cry out. She felt herself knocked to the floor, and a dish be cracked over her head.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:07 pm

The table broke across Sai's back, causing his body to jolt in pain as his gun went slipping across the floor. Before he knew it, the whole world turned as he was thrown on a table. Sai could barely react before the blow struck his face. He was stunned for a moment though, and the man did land a second hit. He wouldn't land a third though. As the blow came down, Sai grabbed the man's arm and held it in place. Without even thinking, he lifted up and bit as hard as he could write on the man's wrist.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:18 pm

The man cried in pain as Sai bit his wrist, instinctively pulling his hand back. He took a half step back towards Sai, but seemed to realize that he was beyond his skill. Instead of fleeing, however, his eyes darted to Sai's gun that had slid across the floor. He made a dash for it, likely making it before Sai could fully recover from the whirlwind of attacks he had endured. Unfortunately for him, a separate patron had had the same idea and reached the gun at the same time, and the two men were now wrestling amongst themselves for control of the firearm.
Knocked on her hands and knees, Mary forced an eye open despite the burning liquid dripping into her eyes. She heard her assailant behind her, and she pushed herself up with all her strength, pushing herself to her feet with surprising force, knocking the man back. She whirled around and grabbed him by the throat with one hand. "Master Sai said to kill someone who tried to hurt either of us. You attacked me." She said flatly before squeezing, crushing the man's windpipe in her hand. The blood gushed between her fingers, warm and pungent. After her orders were carried out, she reached for a table with her other hand, wiping her eyes with a cloth napkin so she could see again. She turned around and saw that the majority of the people had fled, and only the two men wrestling for the gun remained. She moved over to Sai and helped him back onto his feet. "Course of action, sir?" She asked flatly, keeping her eyes firmly on the men fighting for the gun.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:00 pm

"Ow" Sai mumbled as Mary helped him up to his feet. This would have been a lot easier if Sai was more prepared and had his armor and additional weapons. To get blindsided like this, was honestly a bit embarrassing. Regardless though, it was time for action. Still dazed from the multiple strikes, Sai just had to let Mary handle this herself. "Ugh, just kill both of them and get me my gun back. Once these two are down, we're going after the guy that hired them. We'll send a nice refund message to Shoushan by the time we're done with him..."
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:10 pm

Mary nodded and turned to the two men fighting for the gun. She looked over, grabbed the table Master Sai had been on top of, and violently heaved it at the men, instantly breaking up the fight, and knocking one unconscious. She walked over to the other who struggled to get up, and instantly stomped on the back of his skull, crushing it beneath her foot. She walked to the other man and once again squished his throat underfoot. After the two men were dead, she picked the pistol up and returned to Master Sai, presenting it to him.
"I think it would be best if I left first. Master Tang wishes to keep me alive, so his henchman will be more hesitant to attack me." She offered. After waiting for confirmation from Master Sai, she left the bar first, walking outside; the sidewalk was empty of people, but on top of the side of the trashcan directly outside was a silver flip phone, the same type Master Tang's underling had delivered to Master Sai before. The small display window on the outside read "One new voicemail". She picked up the phone and presented it to Master Sai; if Master Tang wished to speak, it wasn't to her.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:33 pm

Sai moved and let Mary finish off the rest of the men. Thankfully, with her power she didn't even have to do much to finally put them down. They were both out within moments. Taking his gun, Sai felt safer and stronger with it. Moving out in to the streets, he kept looking around until he saw Mary making her way for the phone. "Damn" Sai muttered before taking the phone. He glanced around, wanting to make sure that there were no snipers or any other attackers nearby.

"Mary, keep an eye out. We need to get out of here though" he said quickly. As they left, Sai hit a few buttons and promptly listened to the voicemail.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:18 pm

There was a moment of silence on the other end after the automated voicemail message played. Finally, Shoushan's voice came through on the message. "I hope you understand the stakes, mercenary. There is no place safe for her, and no place safe for you. Not from me. Not until I get her back. My offer is now reduced from one point two million to half a million for her return. I am still a business man, and I am still generous. Mine is the only number in the cell phone your ear is pressed against. Call within the hour if you wish to sell. If not, you will be hearing from my retrieval team within the week. Farewell."
The phone clicked, and the voicemail ended. A man in Sai's line of work would easily know the number in the phone only lead to burner phone, so tracking Shoushan wouldn't be an option, not that way at least. Sirens began sounding as the police were on their way to the bar. Mary looked to Master Sai. "What is our next course of action, sir?"
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Sai said nothing for a moment as he just listened to the message. Even after it stopped, he just stared down at the phone for a moment. As Mary asked her question, he just slowly squeezed the phone until it broke in his hands. "Next course of action Mary?" Sai repeated before turning and motioning for her to follow him for the time being. "First, we find a safe place to regroup and lie low. And after that...we strike back, somewhere it'll hurt" Sai said as he and Mary disappeared into the busy streets of Jade Town.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down