Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Claire Voyant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Claire Voyant I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Claire Voyant I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Claire Voyant I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Claire Voyant I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Claire Voyant I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Claire Voyant I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Claire Voyant I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Claire Voyant I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Claire Voyant

2 posters

Go down

Claire Voyant Empty Claire Voyant

Post by PurplePenguin Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:54 pm

Claire Voyant Claire10

General Information

Name: Claire Voyant
Alias: NA
Gender/Sex: Female
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Height: 5'7" /170 cm
Weight: 140lbs/63.5 kg
Behavioral Information

Alignment: Good ;; Lawful ;; Neutral
Personality: Claire is a young teacher who is full of hope, but has seen enough in her life to not be naive.  She is more at home in the classroom than in crowds. She is keenly aware of behaviors around her, in and out of school. She disapproves of those who think they are above the rules or think it's okay to let things slide.  She gets along with the students who enjoy it and try their best to excel.  She is patient with anyone needing help, less so with those who are wasting her time.

Dislikes: Disrespectful people, vegetables, alcohol

Background
Claire was born in a small town in the country.  She had many teachers in her family and her neighborhood.  She developed a love of music early on and couldn't imagine her life without it.  Unfortunately music did not seem to provide a stable future so she combined her love of music with her knowledge of teaching to become a music teacher.  After her first few years teaching, Alabaster High School was looking for an excellent music director and she was quickly hired for the position. The move to the big city has presented challenges with the shift in cultural norms and huge increase of people surrounding her. The stress of this has recently caused her powers to manifest.

Superhuman Information

Power Holder?: Yes

Clairvoyance: Claire has occasional premonitions of upcoming significant events. She cannot force these premonitions to come, they occur somewhat randomly. The information she pulls from these premonitions is never complete, only ever being two of the five "W's" (Who/What/When/Where/Why). These premonitions occur long in advance of the event, so this power is not able to be used "in combat". The earliest time that a premonition can be used is up to 7 posts before an event occurs, or before a thread starts.

PurplePenguin

Back to top Go down

Claire Voyant Empty Re: Claire Voyant

Post by V.Carnage Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Alright, so a teacher application for our lovely school of Alabaster High School.  

So the first thing I'd like to point out is there is a bit of an issue with your background.  The canon and guidelines of the site state that powers appear around freshman to sophomore year of high school (or the age equivalent).  Having powers appear at age 25 is much too late.  The rest of the background is fine, but her power must have first appeared around that age, even if she didn't fully realize she had it.  

Next, the power breakdown!
Pros:
Precognition (2 Majors and a half)

Cons:
2/5 W's (Major)
At least 7 posts in advance (Major)
Random (Ungradable)

While having the power appear random is okay from a narrative standpoint, in the case of roleplay there is no way to effectively have it work.  In game it will never actually be random, and it is as such, easily abusable.  I am not saying that you will for sure abuse it, but I cannot make an exception.  As it is, I'd say it is almost balanced.  The pros and cons must be balanced equally (2 Minor = 1 Major), so here I'd just take out the random times and have some other condition for the precognition to happen that equates to a minor.  

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.  Otherwise update the page and respond in this thread and I'll give it another look.

Edit: Moving to Denied due to inactivity while not having resolved the issue.
V.Carnage
V.Carnage

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum