Devil's Deals

Go down

Devil's Deals

Post by Silent on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:00 pm

Sai was looking over the wares with a keen eye. Since starting to work for Valerie, she had put him in touch with one of her weapon dealers. For his continued good work, she was providing Sai with illegal weapons at a discount. That had been part of his request, as he needed more supplies in order to get his career moving. And so far, it all seemed to be moving in a more positive direction. "I'll take the piece I mentioned on the phone" Sai said as he moved over to a particular table. Eyeing the weapon, he just grinned as he pulled out a wad of money and placed it on the table. "Count it, I assure you it's all there though" the assassin added.

As he waited for the transaction to finish, he glanced over to Mary who had been following obediently these past several days. She'd been quiet, only really going out of her way to speak when addressed. "Feeling anything in particular for food tonight? I don't feel like cooking, but I don't know what I want either"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Devil's Deals

Post by Vexation on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:09 pm

The dealer meticulously counted the bills, ensuring all the money was there. After a moment, he nodded curtly and removed the trigger stop, sliding the weapon over to Sai. "Pleasure of business." He said in a thick accent Sai couldn't quite place. With that, the dealer went off to tend to the rest of his store, posing as a pawn shop.
Mary slowly turned her head over to Sai as he addressed her. She was silent for a very long time; it was hard to tell if she was thinking or simply hadn't registered the question. "I would like to eat outside someplace." She finally muttered after a full minute of silence. Mary liked being outside; she knew what she liked was irrelevant to what she was supposed to do, but the fresh air was a good change from the room with The Chair. Her master asked for her help in making a decision, so she would offer what little input she had. "Fast food or a place with outdoor dining would suffice."
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:49 pm

Sai had been trying to work on making Mary a little more social. It was nice to have someone so willing to fight with just a few words, but Sai would rather it feel a little more...natural, than what it was. Thankfully, she seemed willing to answer when directly prompted with a question. He tucked the AK directly under his coat, wanting to have it hidden as he left. Even in East Diamond, you couldn't openly carry such weapons.

"Very well, if we're going to eat outside than I'll need to dress down a little bit. Let's head back, and I can get changed" Sai said as he made his way out of the pawn shop.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:59 pm

Mary nodded, following closely behind Sai. The roads in East Diamond were long and winding, and unfamiliar to her, but Sai knew them well enough that she never needed to worry about being lost.
A few blocks down from the pawn shop, Mary thought she heard something. She ignored it at first, focusing on following Sai, but after a moment she couldn't help but turn her head to look; they sounded like footsteps, and no one who followed strangers in East Diamond were friendly. Civilian territory or no, Mary had a duty to protect Sai. Following behind them was a toned man dressed in black, following them about half a block behind. He had a small tatoo on his face, just below his eye. Mary recognized the mark immediately; they were Master Tang's branded workers, men and women Master Tang had retrained for his own use instead of for resale, like her. Sai had mentioned something about him and Master Tang not being on good terms, so she quickly reached forward and grabbed Sai's sleeve. "We're being followed." She said without emotion. She remained between the follower and Sai, but made no further motions without orders.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:09 am

Sai didn't even turn around at Mary's touch. Well, so it seemed like things were about to get complicated. "Just keep walking with me like nothing is going on, I'll handle it" Sai said. They continued to walk at a normal pace, Sai looking for something that he could use. They came to an alley that looked perfect. Turning in to it, Sai quickly hid behind the corner and motioned for Mary to remain silent and not move. There, they waited for a few moments until the man turned around. Grabbing him, Sai turned and pushed him up against the wall before Sai held his knife to the man's neck. "Mary, check him for weapons. And you....start talking, or you're dead"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:16 am

The man didn't have a chance to defend himself as he was slammed against the wall, but he didn't seem to even attempt to. Oddly enough, his expression remained deadpan, only flinching slightly at the impact against the wall. Mary dutifully went through his pockets at Sai's command; she pulled out a silver revolver and a cellphone. "All he had." She said.
"I am a representative of Master Shoushan Tang." The man said coldly. "I am expendable; the revolver is for use on myself if I disobey my commands. There is one shot; you may check if you do not believe me."
Mary immediately opened the chamber. "One bullet." She relayed to Sai before snapping it shut.
"Master Shoushan would like a word with the man who stole his merchandise. You match the description, and have the merchandise with you." The man continued. "The phone has one number in it. Please call it; Shoushan is a reasonable man, and is willing to make a deal." His eyes shifted over to Mary. "Master Tang wishes to speak with this man using that cell phone. They are words from his own mouth."
Mary stiffened at the man's last sentence. Her eyes glazed over for a moment, and she extended the cell phone to Sai.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:19 am

Sai just held the man in place, listening to the exchange before realizing what this was about. So, apparently Shoushan really wanted Mary back and was using slaves to try and figure out where Sai was. It wasn't a bad strategy, but it did mean that things were going to get complicated. This kind of trick wasn't something that just any level gang leader could run. Clearly Sai had made an enemy of this Shoushan. Well, in this line of work it was going to happen sooner or later.

Sai turned to Mary and took the phone, seeing how she responded. "Mary, hold this man against the wall. Should he move or speak without me prompting him to, break his neck" Sai said clearly. Stepping a few feet away, Sai opened up the contacts and saw the one phone number. He dialed it, and then he waited.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:28 am

Mary immediately stepped in, forcefully pressing the man against the wall by his throat with her forearm. She stared dead in his eyes, and he stared dead back. They both stood motionless and silent for the duration of the phone call.
The phone rang three times on the other end. After a moment, there was a click, a brief moment of silence, and then a deep, confident voice. "I take it I am speaking to the man who raided my workshop three days ago, yes?" After waiting for Sai's confirmation, the voice continued. "Very good. I will be brief, as I am a busy man, and I am sure you are as well. I do not know who you are, but I am sure you know me. I am Shoushan Tang, head of the Tang family and all of its operations. And you have stolen from me. You have disrupted my operations, sunk one of my workshops into the hands of the patrol beetles, and took the life of one of my best reprogrammers. Any one of these offenses would be grounds for me tracking you down, killing you, and feeding you to my dogs. Unfortunately, things cannot be that simple with you. You stole a very valuable piece of merchandise from me. The girl. And unfortunately, she has already been paid for, so I am going to need her back. So, I am willing to forgive these offenses. I am even willing to strike a bargain. Are you willing to listen to my offer, or am I simply wasting my time with such kindness?"
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:31 am

"That would be correct," Sai said simply before waiting to hear the rest of the phone call. "For the record, I did give your reprogrammer a chance to live, but he was such an ass. If you worked with him closely I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Regardless, we have more important things to discuss I suppose" Sai said as he leaned up against the wall. "I may have been the one to do the damage, so I guess it's fair that you'd want to come after and destroy me to get even. Or at least, get a little closer to even. I'm estimating we easily did over a million dollars in damage, especially with you being unable to use that safehouse anymore for transportation or storage"

"To answer your question, I'm willing to listen. I should warn you though, I killed the last guy that tried to negotiate with me. He wasn't sincere and tried to kill me"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:40 am

Shoushan scoffed on his end of the line. "He was arrogant, yes, but a dominant personality is necessary for reprogramming. And, if you are truly curious, you inflicted about twelve and a half million dollars in damages to my operations. Do not fear, it will slow down nothing." There was a brief pause, and Sai could hear some slight rustling of paper on the other end. "I have no intention of lying to you. I am a business man, not some common street thug. As much joy as it would give me to shoot you, I have a reputation to maintain, and double crossing even a thief like you could be detrimental. So I shall keep this simple. I will offer you a significant sum for the girl. One point two million. A generous price considering the damage you've done and the fact we will have to put her through further retraining after your... interference. However, if you have found her to your liking, we have multiple other girls we are willing to trade for you. The once rebellious, now respectful type." On his end, Shoushan couldn't help but smile at this. "Or, if you need a super, I am willing to offer you a significant discount on one if you relinquish her." There was another brief pause. "As a mercenary like you surely knows, everything has a price. So, name yours for the girl. I am more than willing to negotiate."
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:45 am

Sai just casually nodded, occasionally grunting or making sounds just so that Shoushan knew he was still listening. Sai glanced over to Mary, though he said nothing. One point two million? That was a lot of money, what was so important about the girl that she was worth that much? Sure she was a super, but so far she didn't seem to be that powerful. But, perhaps one in the right hands was worth even more money. "You've definitely cast an intriguing offer, and you seem like someone that we can calmly discuss things over....I'll take twelve million dollars though" Sai said, and at this point he honestly just wanted to hear the reaction.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:52 am

Shoushan was silent on his end of the line for a moment. He rubbed his temples, silently fuming. Here he was being perfectly reasonable with the last person who had the right to reason, and this bastard was asking for ten times the initial offer. Surely a white man beneath the mask. Greedy bastards. He thought to himself.
"Allow me to reframe this situation for you. You have done twelve million dollars in damage to my family already, and have kidnapped what I have rightfully reforged with my own hands. I own her. You may believe you do because she is in your possession, but you are wrong. You stole her. I own her. I have the paperwork to prove so. So I will have her back. I will pay the best price to do so. I offer one point two million for her. You ask for ten times this much. Please remember the position you are negotiating from; a bullet in this part of the city is worth twenty five cents. High end dog food in this city is worth thirty four dollars and ninety-nine cents. Killing you would thus net me a profit of thirty four dollars and seventy-four cents. And then I have my merchandise and property back as well. So, if you are not willing to even take these negotiations seriously, hang up, feel free to shoot my messenger in the head, and crawl under whatever rock my damned brother is hiding beneath while you wait for me to find you. If you are willing to take these negotiations seriously, please. Make a reasonable offer."
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:59 am

Sai casually rubbed out some wax from his ear while he continued to listen to Shoushan. Man, this guy must really enjoy listening to himself talk. It was honestly getting tiring already, and apparently negotiations weren't going so well. Shoushan obviously wanted the girl back, and he was worried about it. Being willing to pay over a million dollars wasn't any cheap offer, no matter how rich you were. Honestly, Sai just didn't really believe that he would pay. Along with that, he didn't like being pushed around by anyone. Apparently, it was time to make an enemy.

Shoushan would hear a muffled cutting sound as Sai slashed out the slave's throat. "I'm taking them very seriously. I'll wait for you to get in touch with me again once you're willing to pay my twelve million. Until than, adios asshole" Sai said before hanging up the phone. Dropping the phone, he smashed it before turning to Mary. "They found us because they know what you look like. We're going to have to get you a disguise, something like mine. We need to be able to walk around freely."
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:03 am

Shoushan barely flinched as he heard the distinct sound of one of his men having their throat slashed over the phone. It was a sound he had heard a dozen times before from a dozen men who thought they were tough shit, and soon found themselves buried beneath fresh shit. He casually hung up the call, dialed a second number, and gave a curt order. The dogs would eat well this week.

Mary nodded. "Yes, sir. I know how to dye my hair. Will that help to keep my hidden?" She asked. "Or will I need a more full bodied disguise like yours?"
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:43 pm

"Full bodied is always the best course of action in my opinion. If you're that valuable, they'll know what your face looks like" Sai said as they started to move away and head off to one of Sai's people. "Don't worry, I got a guy that does this stuff fairly well. He'll cut us a deal, and it'll be stylish as hell" Sai said with a smile on his face. He wanted to be his own man, but he had a feeling that Shoushan wasn't going to really be someone to let an insult like this go...
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down