The Wicked Witch's Grin

Go down

The Wicked Witch's Grin

Post by Vexation on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:31 pm

The Wicked Witch of the East was having a good day so far. She woke up that morning and had a wonderful plate of bacon and scrambled eggs, she had gotten some new contacts early that afternoon, and now she had received a call from one of her best "on the ground" contacts that he had fulfilled his end of a deal. Sai had come through big in the past, so she was excited to hear what he was up to now. He told her he had surely ruined Shoushan's day, and even had a souvenir to show for it, and she always liked souvenirs. She told him to her up on the same roof they met last time she paid him. She leaned on the edge of the building, staring out over the city and perching a cigarette in her mouth.
After a short time, she heard the door to the roof open and shut and she smirked. Without turning to see him, Valerie chirped up. "I hear you've a story to tell. I certainly hope it's a good one."
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wicked Witch's Grin

Post by Silent on Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:59 pm

"Honestly, I'm not going to be doing much of the talking. Well, not after the first part at least. I brought someone for you to meet, I thought you'd find this interesting" Sai said. Walking forward, he didn't even have to say anything as Mary wordlessly followed him. Whatever they had done to her, she now completely followed and obeyed Sai's commands without any hesitation it seemed. If anything, she got even more specific with what he wanted than Sai himself did.

"The slaves were there as a new shipment, so your contact was on the money. It didn't go off too well though, there security was tight and I got detected heading through. Wasn't much to be done. Long story short though, ended up killing all of their men and a ton of the slaves died...but this one is different" Sai said as he motioned for Mary to come directly to his side. "This one is very different. She's been augmented somehow. She follows orders without question, and she's stronger than even me. She ripped a man's head clean off of his own shoulders. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:47 pm

The Wicked Witch raised an eyebrow as she turned around and looked at Mary. "You sure they augmented her? Could be she was just a super before. That sort of thing isn't uncommon for Shoushan to do from what I've heard." She stepped closer and casually walked around the pair, appraising Mary silently. Mary stood in silence, staring ahead with her typical thousand-mile stare. "Either way, the fact you sprung her alone is a huge spit in his face. Supers are very expensive in the human trafficking trade, so he's gonna feel her abscense more than the rest of the slaves you killed." Valerie paused in front of her and waved a meaty hand in front of the girl's face. She shot Sai an odd look. "She's not all there anymore, though, is she?"
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:51 pm

"I wasn't referring to the powers. If Shoushan could create people with powers, I imagine that he'd be the richest man in the world" Sai admitted as he watched the Wicked Witch eye Mary. "I was mainly referring to her obedience level. I was talking to the group, saying about how we needed to go out and eliminate all hostiles. And she just...booked it" Sai admitted as he thought back to last night. "She just ran ahead with no thought to her safety. She keeps referring to me as master, and almost attacked a guy for interrupting me" he continued on. "It's like she's more machine than anything else now, at least up there"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:58 pm

Valerie raised her eyebrows and nodded. "That's impressive. I'll make sure to stay behaved with her around, then." She laughed and reached into her jacket, pulling out a fat wallet and tossing it to Sai. "Your payment, for giving that bastard a bad day." She pointed at Mary and smirked. "And with her in your pocket now, you'd best believe I'll keep kicking jobs your way. Keep a leash on her, though; I don't want her killing my men because of their, ah, humor. Can be interpreted as rude by someone, ah.... Like her."
Mary stood still, continuing to stare forward. "I'm in civilian territory. I'm not supposed to kill people right now."
The Wicked Witch recoiled slightly, surprised Mary spoke. "Noted, little lady." She pulled out her packet of cigarrettes and pulled one out to replace the one she had just finished, then pulled out a second to offer to Sai. "I've got another job lined up for you, I've just got to get a few more moving pieces lined up. You willing to work with a team?"
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:23 pm

"Don't worry about her, so far she's been incredibly well behaved actually" Sai admitted as he looked over at Mary and listened to her response. Sai had to learn pretty quickly that Mary was willing to follow any order so far. He hadn't tested the limits to see if she'd hurt herself, but he honestly saw no reason to. Right now, she was very valuable like this. Having someone on your side who held no fear or hesitation...that alone was a powerful tool.

"Depends on the nature of the team and the job. I mainly excel at hurting and killing people. If this is a job where I have to protect them, I might not be your best bet" Sai spoke honestly as he pocketed the wallet that Valerie threw to him. "But, I'm listening. So far your jobs have all been worth the effort. Tell me more"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Valerie let out a loud laugh. "No, no, no, no protection is needed, not for them. The biggest threat to the team I feel is themselves, frankly. I hope you're fine with explosives." She walked back to the edge of the roof and gazed over the city. "Oz is having a bit of a meeting with some of their contacts. Contacts who are, quite understandably, nervous about their continued association when I'm breathing down Oz's neck. You and my team's men are going to go and crash the party. Kill as many of Oz's men as you like, but don't hurt the contacts. I want to make them mine in due time, which is hard if they're dead."
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Sai smiled at this, though under his mask it was impossible to see. "Sounds like my kind of mission. When's the meeting time? With this payday you just gave me, I have a new toy that I think would be very...colorful for this group we're supposed to kill" Sai said before glancing over to Mary. "I trust that you'll be there to watch my back and help me the entire time?"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:45 pm

"As I said, I'm still hammering out the details. Take a few days off and I'll get in touch when all the moving pieces line up. And I look forward to seeing your new toy in action." The Wicked Witch of the East grinned and turned back to gaze over the city; the sun was setting, and the sky was a brilliant, blazing orange. "The ground's gonna start shaking soon, Sai. I look forward to seeing how you keep your balance."
Mary raised her head slightly as Sai addressed her. "Of course, sir. I will keep you safe at all costs." She turned her head slightly in the direction of Valerie as she spoke. Sai. She thought to herself. That was her new master's name. She nodded to herself and lowered her head again.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down