Tin Soldiers and Paper Dolls

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Tin Soldiers and Paper Dolls

Post by Vexation on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:20 pm

As soon as the slave who spoke had his hands free, he scooped up the pistol from one of the guards and dashed back up the hall a short ways, keeping watch. The other two clearly had never held weapons before, but still followed his lead. "You keep going, there's most likely a few more in here. We'll watch your escape route." The self-proclaimed leader said; with Sai's gesture of faith, he seemed much more trusting of Sai.

The hall continued for quite a while longer, the fluorescent lights likely giving Sai at least a bit of a headache with their excessive brightness and faint buzzing. At the end of the hall was a large steel door with a pull handle. On the other side, Sai could hear someone piling up something behind it, an effort he could instantly recognize as futile considering it was a pull door.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:24 pm

"Thanks" Sai said simply. Sai was much more willing to let these people sacrifice themselves for his escape. But with his injury right now, he was going to need what help he could get. Going first and letting them play support might be the only way to get out of here. For now, he'd play along. Sai went ahead, only taking a few extra moments to stop and rest his injury. He didn't let it be shown in front of the others though, as they were probably nervous enough as it was.

Moving forward again, Sai just blinked as he heard the commotion before seeing that the door couldn't exactly be blocked in the way this person was hoping. "Huh, guess we all have bad days" he said before moving forward. Planting his feet down firmly, he started to pull back on the door, eyes focused on the opening so he wouldn't get caught off guard. He could survive with this injury, but he wouldn't be able to take much more at this rate.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:32 pm

As the door slid open, Sai could hear someone swearing loudly in Chinese, followed by whoever it was moving back. On the other side of the door was an upturned table, about waist high, and several wooden crates in front of it. Inside the room, there was very little more of note. The room was mostly dark, apart from a single hanging lamp shining brightly on a high-backed wooden chair. In the chair was what looked like a young woman wearing a medical gown and a sack over her head, strapped in the chair at her wrists and ankles and hooked up to an IV drip with an unknown liquid. Apart from the faint rising and falling of her chest, she did not seem to be moving. Next to the chair was a small wheeled table, similar to one in a dentists, with multiple syringes, various sized knives, and other tools that the only possible purpose of were to inflict pain.
A short ways to the right of the chair was a Chinese man, clearly different from all the others in the building; he was smaller in stature, very well dressed, and was trembling at the sight of the intruder. He held a hunting knife and had it pointed at Sai in a threatening posture, but he was clearly not used to dealing with someone who wasn't properly restrained. "Stay back!" He commanded, his voice loud and authoritative, even with the slight tremor of fear. "Yield and I may let you live!"
A very faint "Yes, sir." floated from the woman in the chair.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Sai looked at the table and the crates, wanting to release an annoyed sound but holding it back. If he was in good condition, this wouldn't have really stopped him. However, with his shot in the gut it would be more difficult this time around. He took a moment but was eventually able to move over the obstructions. Pistol still in hand, Sai looked to the doctor looking individual as he held a knife.

Sai tilted his head in disbelief, wondering if this guy actually thought his knife would do anything in comparison. "Let's try this again" he said as he took a few steps forward. "You give me a reason to let you live, and I'll only shoot you in the legs to stop you from warning anyone, instead of the head like I'm currently leaning towards"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:42 pm

The man's mouth twisted into a sneer. "You DARE speak to me like that? Do you have any idea who I am? I have retrained dozens of men far more resilient than you, and you have the audacity to threaten ME? In my own workshop, no less!" He took an aggressive step towards Sai and threateningly waved the knife at him. "But you want a reason to let me live, hm? Fine. I'll speak in a language simple enough for a brick-headed lout like you can understand. Master Shoushan will put a bounty on your head so large even the SF will come hunting you down. You won't be able to step out your front door without a sniper dot on your forehead, or the backdoor without stepping on a landmine. Everyone will be coming to kill you if you so much as lay a finger on me. Now, you're going to drop your gun, and maybe I won't strap you into the Chair."
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:45 pm

"Interesting, an engaging argument with a thoughtful and well-worded beginning, middle, and end" Sai said as he nodded his head in thought. "But, I have a counterpoint" Sai said before lowering his gun and shooting directly at the man's leg. Sai just started to casually walk forward as he looked down at the man. "Now....let's try that again, before I put one in your thick ass skull until it pierces your brain"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:54 pm

The man cried out in pain, dropping the knife as he collapsed to the ground, clutching his wounded shin. He looked up at Sai, enraged yet terrified. "Y-you... You're a fool. Master Shoushan will see you hang for this. He owns almost half of this city. I should know, I'm one of the men who helped to train his pets. And you think you can get away with this?" He spat on Sai's shoes. "Typical American pig. Think you own everything, when you're to blind to see someone else already owns you. Turn around and leave now. Maybe I'll remember your kindness and tell Master Shoushan not to have you cut up and fed to his hounds!"
"I would be grateful to hear you remember me kindly to Master Tang." The young woman weakly whispered.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:59 pm

"Wow, you're still actually talking about that?" Sai asked in almost disbelief. "Jesus man, I kill people for money and even you disgust me" he said as he looked over to the young woman that was bound and clearly had been....well, Sai didn't know what had happened, but it was obviously pretty horrifying. "I'll save you the trouble, you're not going to remember any kindness from me" Sai said before lifting up his foot and stomping on the man's face. "Last chance, tell me about an alternate exit, or else this is going to get a lot worse for you"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:05 pm

The man cried out as Sai stomped on his face. "Alternate exit? Are you that stupid? Security is the number one priority when containing people who don't want to be contained! The only way in and out is the way you came! Designed that way so even if somehow the slave got the upper hand here in the pens, they couldn't actually escape, and then be easily contained, subdued, and-or killed! And the more time you spend here toying with me, the more likely Master Shoushan's forces will be trained on that one door. You're right fucked. Plain and simple. And even if you do get out, Master Shoushan will want your head on a silver platter. I give you one week before your corpse ends up in the morgue." He let out a cruel laugh, one that was an obvious mask for his fear.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:07 pm

"Well, that's unfortunate. All you needed to give me was one good reason for me to let you live. Some people just can't handle the simplest questions" Sai said before kicking the man over and stomping on his chest. "Later doc" Sai said before firing a single shot into his head. Pulling away as the man's heart stopped beating, Sai glanced over to the woman that had been speaking. These people...something about the reports made Sai more hesitant. He left the woman's restraints, but he reached forward and lifted off the material covering her face.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:15 pm

The man let out a half-choked cry as he was shot, but apart from that died uneventfully.
As Sai lifted the bag, he would see the pale face of a young woman who couldn't possibly be older than twenty. Her eyes were open and glassy, and she blinked multiple times against the bright light pouring in from the hall behind Sai. She looked pale and malnourished; she had clearly been here some time. The end of her hair was a bright pink, but her hair had long since grown out to show the natural dark brown. Her face was blank and expressionless for almost half a minute before her eyes finally shifted from their hundred yard stare to look at Sai. "I was told I would not see light again until I was sold." She stated in a weak, monotone voice. She blinked at him for a moment. "I promise to behave myself."
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:02 pm

God, these people were sick, even by Sai's standards. Just looking at the woman, he felt a sense of honor trickle in to him. He wasn't sure why, but he was going to help here. "Alright, we're gonna help get you out of here. Just follow me and do as I say, and you'll be fine" he assures her before removing any sort of restraints that was holding her back down in place. He also offered her a hand. "Can you stand and walk? Or do we have to carry you out of here?"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:45 pm

The girl looked down and stared at her released wrists. She instinctively went to rub them now that the straps were off, but stopped halfway. Her glassy eyes shifted to Sai and she nodded. "Yes, sir, I can stand." She shakily got to her feet. For a moment she swayed, but her eyes seemed to shift for a moment and she quickly regained her balance. "I'm ready to follow as you said, sir." Her voice had shifted in tone as she said this; she no longer sounded shaky and fragile, but cold and monotone, almost focused. "If you lead, I will follow."
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Well, she was an interesting one that was certain. "Alright, just make sure that you listen well. It's not going to be a pretty exit, and we're going to have to hurry at this point" Sai said as he looked back the direction that he came from. "Come on, we should join up with the others again, strength in numbers" he said. Course, he didn't really think that these guys were going to be that helpful. At best, they'd be a bit of a distraction.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:50 pm

"Yes, sir." She responded, managing to keep pace with him despite what seemed to be a malnourished state.
Just as the two rejoined the other would-be slaves, there was a loud buzzing from the way Sai had come in. "We're gonna have company in a second!" The lead captive called. "Hope you have some magic up your sleeve here, friend, or we're all dead." The three slaves aimed their weapons directly at the unlocked door, a makeshift firing squad; whatever unlucky bastard was going to open the door, even without Sai's help, was probably going to die.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:54 pm

"Well, definitely no magic, but I do have a pretty solid winning streak going for me right now" Sai said as he looked to the door that was about to be forced open. Looking down, there was a spare pistol on the ground that the other slaves hadn't taken yet. Reaching down, Sai picked up the pistol and made sure it was loaded before handing it to the girl. "Defend yourself. Anyone that isn't the few of us in this room right now, kill them. No one else is coming to save you"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:02 pm

The girl didn't even look at the pistol. As Sai handed it to her, she awkwardly held it to her chest with both hands; it almost looked like she might accidentally shoot herself with it. As soon as Sai finished speaking however, she immediately gripped it properly, better than the lesser two captives even. "Kill unknowns. Yes sir." She responded. Her grey eyes flicked up to the door and she pointed the gun up towards it. The door opened, and one of the white men with the tatooed forehead was standing there; not for long, though. The three captives and the girl instantly fired at him, and he fell dead. The two lessers of the captives fired off two additional rounds each. After a moment, two more of the tatooed men looked around the corner and blindly fired their own handguns down the stairwell towards them. The girl immediately fired back, barely flinching as one of the bullets whizzed inches past her cheek. It took three shots, but she managed to drop the man on the left; one of the lesser captives took a bullet to the skull and sprawled on the floor, dead in an instant, but the other two managed to drop the second man immediately after.
"Three of us, at least ten more of them. Got any plans, great Moses?" The lead captive said, taking the momentary pause in the fighting to retrieve his fallen comrades pistol.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:07 pm

Sai watched as his little task force was able to kill the two men that came through the door. They weren't that efficient about it, but at least they were able to take them down. Three for them for one of the slaves, and Sai wasn't any more injured than he already was. "Gonna have to improvise at this point Aaron" Sai said as he looked to the door to make sure that everything was clear for them to move forward. "We're in an utter choke point here, the only way out is forward and through the danger"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:12 pm

The lead slave let out a loud groan and turned back to the door. "Great. Just fuckin' great."
The girl blinked. "Forward and through the danger." She dropped the gun on the floor and started walking up the stairs. "Improvise. Yes sir."
Without allowing time for any further input, the girl raced up the stairs. As she reached the top, another head poked around the corner. She grabbed the man, who let out a scream of surprise, and she disappeared behind the crest of the stairwell and into the room. There was a loud crunching and what sounded like a wet tearing sound, followed by a significant amount of gunfire. Every few seconds, there would be the sound of a loud crashing and another cry of pain.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:15 pm

"Wait, what?" Sai said before suddenly seeing the girl he had been speaking with just run forward. "We were supposed to move as a group!" Sai shouted after her before sprinting up. "Come on, she's gonna get herself killed than we're really outnumbered" Sai said. He just moved his way up the stairs, trying to catch up and see the damage.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:20 pm

Arriving at the top of the stairs, Sai would see that the man the girl had grabbed was in the middle of the warehouse floor, his head ripped clean from his shoulders. The rest of the guards had their weapons turned on her, firing wildly as she ducked for cover behind the medical crates they had been unloading. After one point, one of the crates rose up, and he saw the girl hurling the large wooden crate at a small group of the men firing at her like it was made of cardboard; most of them scattered out of the way, but one of them tripped over one of his comrades, and ended up directly beneath the box as it crashed violently to the ground, red blood seeping out from beneath its remains. The girl was doing well staying in cover, but her luck seemed to be running out as the dozen or so guards moved to flank her. Thankfully, none of them were looking at Sai or the other two captives anymore.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:41 pm

"Jesus christ" Sai uttered as he looked at the carnage that the girl had caused. Ripping off the head right from a man's shoulders, how was that even possible from someone so small? What was she, a robot? Turning, Sai saw that she was coming under fire and drawing the attention away from them. He signaled for the men to move in. In case they couldn't read his hand signals, he also lifted up his gun and quickly started to fire to dispatch them as quickly as he could. Distractions were very valuable things, and Sai wasn't going to let them just slip away without a bit of chaos.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:50 pm

The two remaining captives began opening fire in separate directions on the various guards. Being flanked from multiple angles, the Chinese men began to pull back from the fighting, leaving back to the garage entrance. One of them barked something into a handheld radio, and the four of them opened fire with their submachine guns in the general direction of Sai and the two captives. The lesser of the two took one in the shoulder, collapsing to the ground and crying out in pain. The other captive focused more on the men who weren't retreating, firing on them until both of his magazines were empty.
Meanwhile, the girl was continuing to cause havoc in their ranks, lobbing more crates of medical supplies at the groups of guards, causing them to scatter and break their formations. Between her, Sai, and the remaining captive, it was only another few minutes before the guards were either dead, incapacitated, or had fled. The remaining captive was breathing heavily, but he managed a weak smile. "Don't know who you are, stranger. But thanks for saving my ass. I owe you one." He let out a light laugh. "I have a small pub in Jadetown. Free drinks for you, anytime."
The girl walked up to one of the injured guards and stomped on his throat, her face not changing from its neutral expression. She stomped another three times until the man fully stopped moving. She looked around at the carnage, then back to Sai. "The unknowns have been killed, sir. Should I stop killing people that aren't with us now, or is that order still in place?"
The man looked over at her with a nervous look. "The hell did they do to her?"
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:36 pm

"You got me" Sai said to the man as he looked over at Mary, uncertain of what she was even. The fight was over and they were victorious, but right now they didn't have time to celebrate. "Look I'm sure more reinforcements are coming, we need to leave while we have a clear shot at this" Sai insisted to the survivor before turning back to the girl.

"That order is no longer in place. We're going to be heading out in to civilian territory now. Look, are you going to be able to get back home by yourself? You seem a bit...out of it"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:44 pm

She blinked at him. "You haven't shown me where home is yet. If you tell me where to go I'm sure I can make it on my own."
The survivor shook his head and stepped in. "No, he means where you came from. You're free now. Where did you come from before... This?"
The girl shot him a cold look. "Do not put words into my master's mouth." Her face returned to normal as she turned back. "My old home would not welcome me even if I could go back. I know this. I am not welcome there. I belong where I am ordered to be."
The survivor raised an eyebrow and shot Sai a concerned look. "Whatever they did to her, I think she's gone. I don't think she's able to be free anymore..." A sudden look of dread washed over his face. "And they were gonna try to do that to me..."
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next