Last Gasp

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Last Gasp

Post by Silent on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:54 pm

Sai was literally catching his breath when he heard someone yelling out to him. Well, it seemed like these guys were done playing for the time being. Sai knew that they were probably done spreading out, too many had died already to just him. They'd be united now. Perhaps, he'd still be able to get out of here with something valuable. After all, Sai wasn't only loyal to one person. He was in this game for himself, and in his opinion he just put forth one hell of an audition.

Walking in to the deli section, Sai kept his pistol and knife in his hands, walking in to look and see who he would be speaking to now. Right now, he was just going to have to play this by ear. If he attacked these three, there was no picking them off, he'd be in for a real fight.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:09 pm

The three men were all wearing gas masks, obscuring their faces. Gasper, the one who was doing the talking and standing behind the counter, had painted his with dark greens and purples, making him look like something out of a comic book, or maybe a nightmare. He nodded appreciatively as the attacker came into the open, and raised one hand to show he meant no harm as he holstered his magnum with his other hand.
The other two did not holster their weapons, simply keeping them lowered as they stared at Sai from behind the masks.
"Can't say I recognize you." Gasper called out to him after his gun was slipped into his waistband again. "Meaning Valerie hired you to start hitting us. And seems like her money's pretty well spent. You got a name, killer?"
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:12 pm

Sai still kept his hands firmly on his weapons, having no intention of being caught off guard by these three. If he was going to go down, he wasn't going to make sure he went out in glory. As they all seemed to have an understanding of one another, Sai turned his attention to the apparent leader here. They had a lot to talk about.

"I'm new to town, done some work in other cities before getting some attention here. My employer thought a new face would be better for what they had in mind" I say simply. "As for my name, I don't think it's that important to share. I don't know yours...and I'm not sure what sort of terms you were hoping to come to here. So, what are you hoping to accomplish with our little chat?"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:23 pm

Gasper frowned slightly, hidden by the gasmask. He was hoping this guy was new to the whole scene and would be much easier to negotiate with profitably. But he wasn't even giving up his name for the asking, so this would be more frustrating than he had wanted. "Name's Gasper. There, now you have mine. As for what I was hoping to accomplish, well... I was thinking we could come to some sort of arrangement. You've proven yourself to be a threat to Oz, and threats have to be neutralized, one way or another. Thing is, you're damn skilled. Would be a shame to just shoot you on the spot when we could put such talent to use. So, let's have a simple question: What's the going rate? How much is Valerie paying you, and how much do we have to beat it by?"
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:26 pm

Well, this was starting to get a bit more interesting. Still, Sai needed to be careful if this wasn't going to blow up in his face. Playing both sides of any organization could be a fairly tricky game. For now though, he'd at least keep the conversation going until he saw an opening if he felt the need to act. "Well, right now I'm low on equipment. Like I said, I've done a little bit of work but this city is a whole other story. If I'm going to make it here, I need better armor, access to ammunition, weapons, safe houses, money isn't even the biggest priority for me right now. For the moment, I need the equipment to make myself even more useful"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Well, shit. Gasper thought to himself. While Valerie's splinter cell was weaker in almost every way than Oz, the one thing they had over their original counterpart was gear. When Valerie "declared" her independence from the group, she did so from the gang's armory; Oz was currently strapped for gear. There was no way Oz could keep the attention of a merc like this for long.
Threats have to be neutralized one way or another.
Gasper let out a light laugh and walked forward, leaning on the counter casually, draping his hands over the side. "Low on gear? That is a problem we are more than happy to help with." He announced; it was a lie, but the merc didn't know that. Hopefully. More importantly, the phrase he used was one used frequently in Oz, usually before shooting some loose end in the back of the head. The guard on the left glanced over to Gasper and nodded, leaning back against the wall, letting him do his work.
As Gasper spoke, he slowly and silently began to excrete gas from his palm. It wouldn't reach over to Sai for a short time, so he would have to keep his attention for the gas to reach him, and then a bit longer to let it works its magic. "We've got two safehouses in each of the districts we can hook you up with, and we can easily get a hold of any police-grade firearms and armor you could ask for. You know your way around that pistol, so how about we get you something with a higher caliber? Or a sub-machine gun for you? All we ask is you cut ties with Valerie and start practicing your craft for us."
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:47 pm

"Just like that?" Sai questioned as he looked at Gasper's face. The man had most of his face covered, which caused problems since Sai wasn't able to read any emotion form his expression. Still though, this all just seemed too inconvenient. "I killed this many of your men and you'd welcome me with complete open arms? Most organizations wouldn't be so...forgiving, or trusting" he said honestly. He kept his grip tight on his weapons, still expecting that the fighting wasn't going to be fully over.

"You must want something else. Switching sides wouldn't be enough to appease your bosses"
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:54 pm

Gasper sighed, letting it be audible enough for Sai to hear. "Listen, pal, I'm gonna be straight with you, alright? I can't promise you'd be welcomed with open arms. I'm not even sure that you'd get access to everything you're asking for. Odds are you'd be on a fairly tight leash. But there's two big things you gotta keep in mind: First, we can't afford to turn away any potential boon, especially if it's a current threat. We can't afford to be too picky. And, second, well... I wanna get out of here alive, just like you do. We're both adults here; we both know I'm promising more than I could possibly deliver on in the name of not needing to fight a guy who has quite obviously proven himself to be really fucking capable."
As he spoke, he was stirring his hands over the counter; to Sai, it could easily be interpreted as a nervous tick, or just regular fidgeting, but Gasper was trying to send more of the gas Sai's way. At this point, Sai would definitely be able to smell some of the gas. The deli section was about halfway filled at this point.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Thankfully, even with his attire on, Sai could still smell just fine. During Gasper's little speech, he began to smell the smoke and realize something was going on. His eyes glanced to all three men, seeing that each one of them was wearing a gas mask. One of the guys he just killed was wearing one too. Was this some strange strategy, or was one of them...?

"That seems more than reasonable. You have to forgive my skepticism, I'm sure you understand that sometimes it's ju-" but Sai cut himself off mid sentence and lifted up his pistol, firing three shots directly at Gasper in the hopes of catching him off guard. This guy was the leader, and probably the most capable of the three. Sai immediately jumped to his side, diving behind a display cover and starting to crawl to the other side, staying low as he was certain a hail of bullets was coming his way.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:10 pm

Gasper was taken completely off guard, and one of the shots hit the side of his mask and grazed his face, causing a small amount of blood to come out. Immediately Gasper hit the ground behind the counter for cover, but he could tell that things were about to get very dicey for him; his mask was broken, and he could smell the foul odor of the gas he had been excreting. There was no way for him to get out safely, not with this killer out, so he was going to just have to hope his friends would be able to get him out before the gas killed him, but after either they or the gas killed this guy.
The two guards also instinctively hit the ground as Sai started opening fire, and returned three bullets in response the second Sai stopped firing. One of the guards kept his position, aiming his gun at the display as his partner circled around to flush him out of cover.
At this point, Sai had been in the gas for long enough that his eyes would start burning and watering, and his throat and lungs would feel irritated.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Breathing was starting to get difficult here. There was somr sort of gas that was filling this area, which meant that there was now a time frame here. 3 on 1 weren't good odds, especially when the other two had gas masks that were fully functioning...but perhaps that would be to Sai's advantage. He had to move quickly though, and honestly just make some stupid decisions if he was going to get out of here alive. Going to the other end of the deli section, no one was there, but he turned around as the guard pursuing him had shown up. Sai fired two shots, aiming for the chest to take this guy down. He had a mask, and Sai needed it if he was going to get out of here.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexation on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:20 pm

The guard came around the corner with his weapon raised, and immediately fired a shot upon seeing Sai; it wasn't too accurate, and he wasn't sure if it would hit, but he was acting on instinct. The first of Sai's shots hit him in the shoulder, causing his arm to recoil back, allowing the second shot to hit him directly in the chest. He collapsed to the floor, blood pooling out around him.
Behind the counter, Gasper had removed his gasmask; it wasn't doing him any good anyways, so he removed it and pulled his shirt over his nose in an attempt to slow the process. Based on how irritated his eyes were and how much his lungs burned, he knew it wasn't working.
Vexation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:39 pm

Sai didn't waste any time. However, the bullet this guard fired did lodge itself in to Sai's leg. Now he was really going to struggle to move at this point. He moved back over to where the guard was and pulled his leg behind the counter to get access to him. Moving his own mask aside, he lifted up the new gas mask and fitted it over his head as quickly as he could. He had never worked one of these before, so he just hoped that he had gotten it right. Along with taking the mask, Sai also relieved the fallen guard of his weapon since Sai was running low on ammunition. Crawling back to the middle of his makeshift cover, Sai rose up to take a shot at the last guard that was protecting Gasper.
Silent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum