Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Set Building I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Set Building I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Set Building I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Set Building I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Set Building I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Set Building I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Set Building I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Set Building I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Set Building I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Set Building

2 posters

Go down

Set Building Empty Set Building

Post by JollyLabyrinth Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Dolores was very much enjoying herself working with the drama department; the few members she had met were friendly enough, and she was enjoying getting back to building things like she and her dad did when she was younger. She was currently finishing up a simple wooden structure; it had to be sturdy since people were going to be standing and even dancing on it, but it was still pretty easy to get the framework for it on. She paced back and forth on top of it, a power drill in her hand as she stomped on the corners of the platform to ensure it was sturdy. Not a creak, rock, or jostle; she allowed herself a smile. "Strong as a rock." She muttered to herself. Now she just had to get the plywood covering on the front, and talk to Ray about getting it painted.
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Set Building Empty Re: Set Building

Post by Ray Easel Sat May 19, 2018 10:27 pm

"Seems like you've taken to your work fairly quickly" Ray said as he was looking at the set that Dolores had built. It really did look quite good, and he was glad that she had taken such a liking to working in the drama department. "It should be perfect for what they're looking for. I learned the importance of why these sets need to be set up" he admitted as he hammered the wood with his hand. "Good job Dolores"
Ray Easel
Ray Easel

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Dolores jumped slightly, caught off guard by Ray showing up so suddenly. Nonetheless, she grinned and nodded. "Dad does woodworking as a hobby, and I like to tag along from time to time." She jumped off the platform, landing a few feet away from Ray. "So, yeah, I like to think I'm pretty good at this sorta thing." A smug grin perked on her face; she took pride in her work, and was always happy when people gave her credit.
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Easel Sat May 19, 2018 10:47 pm

"I could see that, definitely not your first time doing this kind of thing" Ray said as he looked over the woodwork. Looking over it once more, Ray nodded. "Looking forward to working on it. Is there any last details that you need to work on before I start to get to my work portion on it?"
Ray Easel
Ray Easel

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sat May 19, 2018 10:56 pm

She nodded and tapped the front of the framework. "Just need to get some plywood on here to cover the framework, keep it looking pretty." Dolores walked over to the piece of wood that was already cut to size. "Just need a hand getting this over top of the framework, and I can start drilling. Mind helping me move this quick?" She lifted her half of it to make it easier for Ray to get his hands beneath the board.
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Easel Wed May 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Ah manual labor, Ray's one of many weaknesses. Reaching down, he started to lift up the board and do the best that he could to move it in to the proper spot. Thankfully, Dolores helping made the whole process infinitely easier. After setting the piece down, he rubbed his hands and made sure he hadn't gotten any splinters or anything like that. "So, you doing this just to make me happier, or are you actually enjoying working here?"
Ray Easel
Ray Easel

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Thu May 31, 2018 6:56 pm

Once the piece was in place, Dolores reached up to grab a screw from the box she left on top of the piece and put the screw in place, doing one last look over to make sure everything was in place. The grin of a person who should not be holding a power tool crept across her face as she revved the drill once before putting the screw to the plywood over one of the support beams and drilling it in. After she had the first screw in, she grabbed another and started walking to the next place that needed a screw. "Oooo, I love woodworking. Dad and I did this kinda thing all the time when I was younger, and I've got a bit of a knack for it." She answered. "So I reeeaaally like doing this. Besides, it gets me out of the house and into the world, which is always good." The drill whined as she put in the next screw.
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Easel Thu May 31, 2018 8:47 pm

"It's just like me with my painting I suppose, a fun way to spend your time along with being able to get out of any trouble that anyone's worried you'll get in" Ray commented as he leaned against the nearby wall and just watched Dolores finish up with the rest of her work. IT was amazing how many different skills could be truly appreciated and put to good use. Ray could never do anything like this with wood, all he could do is make it look better with a few colors.
Ray Easel
Ray Easel

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Thu May 31, 2018 9:13 pm

After about five minutes, Dolores put in the last screw, stepping back and grinning at what she did, lazily holding the power drill at her side, finger well away from the trigger. "Ain't she a beauty?" She asked, a half grin on her lips. Her shoulders rose and fell slowly as she caught her breath from the work. She walked up to it and banged on the side; it didn't shake. "Stable, simple, clean." She pulled the box of screws off the platform and pointed at Ray, grinning. "I look forward to what you do with this. Don't mess up my baby."
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Easel Thu May 31, 2018 9:18 pm

"I'll do my best to try and avoid it" Ray said as he looked over the work. As much as he trusted Dolores, it was still best to get this thing tested out. "Before I start painting it, let's get a few of the crew to get up on there and do some moves. After all, we wanna make sure that everything is completely up to par right?" he suggested. "After that, I'll make sure this is the best looking thing on stage"
Ray Easel
Ray Easel

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Thu May 31, 2018 9:36 pm

Dolores shook her head. "Nah, no need to bother them with it. C'mon." She went to the back and climbed up the steps she put in for the actors to get up there. Once on the platform, she knelt down and reached her hand down. "We can test this just as well as any of them could, I'm sure. Don't worry; worst thing that happens is this breaks beneath us and we break our legs." She grinned and winked at him, extending her hand to pull him up to join her on the platform.
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Easel Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:29 pm

"Oh great, legs aren't important or anything" Ray chuckled lightly before taking her hand. Pushing himself up with her help, he stood on the structure fully and glanced around for a moment. Taking some steps, he just kept moving around in each direction and even giving a jump in place to make sure the thing wouldn't collapse beneath him. "Huh, alright then. I know I'm not the fattest kid on the block, but this should do"
Ray Easel
Ray Easel

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:36 pm

She grunted slightly as she pulled him up, grinning widely once he was up there with her. She walked to the far side of the platform before jumping halfway across towards him; the platform didn't even shudder. A wide grin perched on Dolores's face. "See? What'd I tell you? Bomb proof." She walked over to him and put her hands proudly on her hips. "This would outlive the stage itself if I didn't have to tear it down after the show. Now-" She put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed lightly. "Make her beautiful. Even if she is a supposed to be a junkyards scene." With this, she laughed and jumped back off the platform and walked over to the workbench, putting away the drill. "Is this the kinda job that you have to do over several days, or can you do this in just a few sessions?"
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Easel Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:47 pm

"Depends really" Ray says before hopping off of the platform and looking over at Dolores' work. "I have to decide about how I want to approach it, it's going to be a lot of layers for a junkyard scene" Ray said as he ran his hand along the wood. "We'll have to see. It might just be a few more sessions, but I'll send you pictures with my phone and keep you updated. Keep in mind though, it doesn't really look good until the last coat or two"
Ray Easel
Ray Easel

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Dolores nodded, watching as he looked at the wood like a canvas; she always found it fascinating how different people looked at the same object with completely different expressions. After a moment of silence, she nodded. "Makes sense. Keep me in the loop." She offered a quick wave and turned to leave. "Watch yourself, by the by. I've gotten more than a few splinters from that piece of plywood. Don't get yourself bit too."
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum