Set Building

Go down

Set Building

Post by JollyLabyrinth on Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Dolores was very much enjoying herself working with the drama department; the few members she had met were friendly enough, and she was enjoying getting back to building things like she and her dad did when she was younger. She was currently finishing up a simple wooden structure; it had to be sturdy since people were going to be standing and even dancing on it, but it was still pretty easy to get the framework for it on. She paced back and forth on top of it, a power drill in her hand as she stomped on the corners of the platform to ensure it was sturdy. Not a creak, rock, or jostle; she allowed herself a smile. "Strong as a rock." She muttered to herself. Now she just had to get the plywood covering on the front, and talk to Ray about getting it painted.
JollyLabyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Set Building

Post by Ray Easel on Sat May 19, 2018 10:27 pm

"Seems like you've taken to your work fairly quickly" Ray said as he was looking at the set that Dolores had built. It really did look quite good, and he was glad that she had taken such a liking to working in the drama department. "It should be perfect for what they're looking for. I learned the importance of why these sets need to be set up" he admitted as he hammered the wood with his hand. "Good job Dolores"
Ray Easel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth on Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Dolores jumped slightly, caught off guard by Ray showing up so suddenly. Nonetheless, she grinned and nodded. "Dad does woodworking as a hobby, and I like to tag along from time to time." She jumped off the platform, landing a few feet away from Ray. "So, yeah, I like to think I'm pretty good at this sorta thing." A smug grin perked on her face; she took pride in her work, and was always happy when people gave her credit.
JollyLabyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Easel on Sat May 19, 2018 10:47 pm

"I could see that, definitely not your first time doing this kind of thing" Ray said as he looked over the woodwork. Looking over it once more, Ray nodded. "Looking forward to working on it. Is there any last details that you need to work on before I start to get to my work portion on it?"
Ray Easel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth on Sat May 19, 2018 10:56 pm

She nodded and tapped the front of the framework. "Just need to get some plywood on here to cover the framework, keep it looking pretty." Dolores walked over to the piece of wood that was already cut to size. "Just need a hand getting this over top of the framework, and I can start drilling. Mind helping me move this quick?" She lifted her half of it to make it easier for Ray to get his hands beneath the board.
JollyLabyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum