Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Dolores Agony (Inactive) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Dolores Agony (Inactive) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Dolores Agony (Inactive) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Dolores Agony (Inactive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Dolores Agony (Inactive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Dolores Agony (Inactive) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Dolores Agony (Inactive) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Dolores Agony (Inactive) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Dolores Agony (Inactive) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Dolores Agony (Inactive)

2 posters

Go down

Dolores Agony (Inactive) Empty Dolores Agony (Inactive)

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sat May 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Dolores Agony (Inactive) Dolore12

General Information

Name: Dolores Agony
Alias: N/A (yet)
Gender/Sex: Female
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Height: 5'3", 1.6m
Weight: 111lb, 50.3kg

Behavioral Information

Alignment: Good, Neutral, Nice/Neutral
Personality: Dolores is relatively shy and reserved, but is still very friendly and has a strong sense of right and wrong. She hates to see people suffering needlessly and despite being socially awkward will always try to step in to help someone in need. That said, she prefers to be alone, with the exception of the few she deems her friends, often isolating herself. Additionally, while she is a generally good person, she does have her vices and addictions, and is not above petty revenge.

Dislikes: Narcissists, people who pity her, history class

Background
Dolores was always a quiet and reserved girl, more often spending her free time by herself than socializing with other kids when she was younger. Her home life was normal, if a bit cushioned, as her parents were well off and she was an only child. She was a good student in school, even if she did struggle with social studies and history, but overall she was a good kid. When her powers manifested, however, her life took a significant turn. She had been given what she heard her parent's refer to as a "sadist's power", and was determined to prove them wrong. However, through the use of her powers, she developed a need, followed by a dependency and then addiction to pain medications, namely oxycodone, morphine, and vicaten.

Superhuman Information

Power Holder?: Yes

Pain Transference: Dolores is able to transfer pain from another human being to herself, and from herself to other human beings. She cannot transfer pain directly from one person to another; if she wishes to inflict pain that way, she must first take it into herself. As a result, she has double the pain tolerance of a normal human. The sensation of the pain is doubled when taken from another person into herself, and halved when taken from herself to another person (this evens out, so if she returns the taken pain to the original person they get no more or less than when it started). This power does not heal injuries, only removes the pain, and likewise does not inflict injuries, only creates the sensation of pain. To activate this power, she must maintain physical contact with the target for a minimum of seven seconds, reduced to four if direct skin-on-skin contact is achieved.

Last edited by JollyLabyrinth on Sun May 06, 2018 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Dolores Agony (Inactive) Empty Re: Dolores Agony (Inactive)

Post by Admin Sat May 05, 2018 7:34 pm

Power Breakdown
Pros
Remove Pain Major
Bestow Pain Major
Doubled Pain Tolerance Major
Ranged Major

Cons
Suffers Double Pain Absorbed - Major (would be a pro as well if not for...)
Halves Pain Bestowed - Major
Requires Line of Sight - Minor

Verdict

Needs another major flaw and another minor flaw to make up for a very strong baseline power otherwise. My recommendation is to kill two birds with one stone, and make it require a prolonged touch (like a grapple) instead, removing a major benefit, and converting a minor flaw into a major flaw. Alternatively, you could instead of requiring prolonged contact, require skin-to-skin contact in order to make it relatively immediate. Effectively the same deal.

If you absolutely must keep it ranged, I'd say requiring Eye Contact to convert Eyeshot to a Major Flaw, and removing the enhanced pain tolerance, which, while conveniently making your flaws manageable and thematically respectable, is sort of making a good power perhaps too good. Plus it'd be a good early Skill Point to take.

I see the pain tolerance being more necessitated build-wise if you were an early-game close support revenge tank (especially with required grapples or skin contact) rather than a back-line field controller revenge cannon (who can just look at people and give or take pain).

That said, it's a good power concept.

Rest of the character: Ya put more effort into describing their power than you did their personality or history. No complaints, just thought it was a funny note. It all checks out. Make sure you're getting those pills legally though, Power Holding junkies get harsher sentences.

Admin
Admin

https://evolutioncity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sat May 05, 2018 7:48 pm

Updated the power so it requires physical contact. Apologies for not going too in depth with her personality and history, I'm pretty rusty with character creation. I intend to improve with future characters.
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 06, 2018 9:14 am

Alright. This basically checks out I guess.

Remember that all amounts increase every skill point, even bad ones, but you can buy off such amounts with Skill Points. PM me if you have any questions on that.

Approved

Admin
Admin

https://evolutioncity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down