Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Scouting For Talent: Revisited I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Scouting For Talent: Revisited I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Scouting For Talent: Revisited I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Scouting For Talent: Revisited I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Scouting For Talent: Revisited I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Scouting For Talent: Revisited I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Scouting For Talent: Revisited I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Scouting For Talent: Revisited I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Scouting For Talent: Revisited I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Scouting For Talent: Revisited

2 posters

Go down

Scouting For Talent: Revisited Empty Scouting For Talent: Revisited

Post by Arachna Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:49 am

Arachna waited patiently atop the roof of one of the buildings comprising the dark alleyway below where she'd sent a missive addressed to one Sir Charon to appear at once a specific hour was struck. That hour was coming to pass very quickly and Arachna was intent on keeping a lookout to ensure that they weren't being spied upon while they conversed in secret. She'd instructed that he bring no one and she in turn would also come alone. This was nothing but a friendly meeting of the minds so long as Arachna was concerned even if she couldn't offer Charon any of the better things in life. They couldn't be seen together in public after all, so most places of social gathering were entirely out of the question.

Her eyes lit as she spotted the figure of the masked criminal approaching the appointed alleyway of meeting, taking one last look around to be sure before beginning to slowly scale down the side of the building to await the man who owed her much so far as she was concerned. She was the one who allowed him to gain a serious foothold in this city, after all. She wouldn't see that favor going unrepaid.

"Zdravstvuyte," she greeted once Charon was within a distance that she could speak comfortably without having to shout or make her presence too known outside of the alley. She remained clinging to the wall rather than dropping to the ground, her body pressed flat to the brick as her arachnid appendages occasionally restlessly tapped upon the stonework. "I apologize immensely for having contacted you to meet at such a late hour, but I hope you understand that I must always operate as such during the convenient cover of darkness. Does the night find you well?"
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Scouting For Talent: Revisited Empty Re: Scouting For Talent: Revisited

Post by Charon Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:32 pm

This had not been timed well at all. However, Charon knew that despite his success after Arachna's help...he still did owe her. Charon's takeover of that gang had set events in to motion that allowed him to become one of the rising stars of the East District. Of course, this was also being threatened to be taken down thanks to Mammon. Charon had his plans, but perhaps some backup was in order...

He walked down the alleyway, knowing that Arachna was likely lurking somewhere nearby. Charon didn't take her for the sort to call a meeting and not show up, unless her plan was to kill him. Arachna would find that Charon wasn't the same man that she had helped so many months ago. Whether that was a good or bad thing remained to be seen.

"Nothing finds me well as of late" Charon said as he turned his body and just looked over at Arachna. "I'm in the middle of a war that I'm currently losing, though I have plans to change that very soon. I can't deny that your timing for calling on me isn't ideal...but I still owe you a debt, so what is it you need of me?" Charon asked. He was in a hurry for this meeting to be over with, he wouldn't have long till Mammon sought out a counter attack to Charon's most recent stunt.
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arachna Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:29 am

"Yes... yes, I know..." Arachna replied, obviously unsurprised by all that was stated. "I know all about your troubles and this Mammon fellow. That's actually why I called you to this place. I've come to further offer my services with the ...organization... that I've constructed."

"Surely you and your friend, Mr. Guivine, have the situation well in hand as certain special individuals with unique abilities. While you've been recruiting fellows of... questionable quality, however, and subsequently losing them in bloody battles, I can offer you a small militia of men of equalling quality to yourselves. Surely Mammon wouldn't see such a powerful strike coming until it had fairly lopped his foolish head straight off his neck!" Her exclamation came with a wide, knowing grin. Though she'd given Charon some praise, she knew full well that he needed all the hands on deck that he could if he was even going to stand a chance. The promise of several individuals with extra unique perks would only sweeten the pot. Accepting her help, however, would certainly come with a price.
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Charon listened to Arachna as she made her offer. He shouldn't have been surprised that she'd been keeping an eye on him, she probably wanted something on him in order to bribe him at this very moment. The offer was tempting, especially if Arachna had been recruiting people like Charon this whole time. Mammon had more powered individuals than Charon did, perhaps it was for the best....

"Your offer is appreciated, but Mammon is only the start of my worries" Charon admitted. "I've had an insane scientist hunting down my men and turning them in to flesh monsters that have been also killing my men. I recently confronted the scientist and informed him that if he does it again I'll be throwing him off of a building" Charon explained. Arachna would recognize the signs of Sinew no doubt.

"I've also been targeted in a large amount of robberies, each of them being well planned and operated quickly" Charon said before listing off several locations that Arachna would recognize as areas that Hive had been visiting.

"That all being said Mammon is my largest problem...but from what little I know of you I really doubt you're doing this out of the kindness of your heart. So, what's your price?"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arachna Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:51 am

"Well, how fortuitous this is indeed. It just so happens that two of your problems, those being not Mammon, have recently come under my employ and are now at my beck and call. I'll be certain to keep the both of them off your back from now on. In fact, you can even consider them ready and willing allies... provided you're willing to rally under our flag, that is..." She trailed off, staring at him expectantly with a raised brow.
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:05 am

Charon froze for a moment as Arachna revealed this information. Not only was it quite the coincidence, but without revealing names it was something that made Charon suspicious. "You have two powered individuals under your command that have been striking at me and chose not to share this information with me?" Charon asked as his good eye remained fixed on Arachna. "I nearly threw Sinew off a room the last time I saw him, and he's smarter than he looks because I haven't seen him since and his monsters have harassed Mammon for weeks now"

Charon released a breathe of concentrated air as a sign of frustration. "The one attacking our stores, who is he, and why was he targeting us?" Charon asked. He wanted an explanation, and he wanted it now.
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arachna Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:51 am

"How should I know the motivation of thieves?" Arachna purred slyly, bringing her hands up into a shrug. "You'll know him soon enough. He was a problem, but now he's a boon. That's all the information you need to know. I don't need you threatening to murder another one of my comrades, especially when it's only by my good graces that they've stopped their operations against you since we currently have no affiliation with you or your gang. Now, shall we speak once again about rectifying your little oversight?"
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:29 am

"I won't murder him, might just break a finger or two which will heal" Charon said casually. Hive hadn't done any sort of permanent damage to Charon's organization, but had been more than a thorn for some time. Charon was far more likely to kill Sinew than Hive at this point, details which could be worked out later.

"And what oversight would that be?" Charon asked as he leaned against the nearby wall. "I agreed to an alliance and I'm almost positive that your pawns have done more damage to me than I have to you. You're the one that appears to be overstepping if anyone. You helped me secure my first major step in power, but you haven't helped since. I'm grateful, but don't confuse that with a life debt. My boys and I are ready to help you when you call on us, but like I said...I have my own problems to deal with first"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arachna Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:17 am

"Hmph..." Arachna grinned. "Don't mistake me. I'll never have any need for you and 'your boys'. I only want you and the crimson one. Nothing else. Call me what you will, but I fancy myself a collector ... of unique individuals. They did damage to your organization before I took them under my wing. They'll do no more damage now that they are. Water under the bridge. Your oversight, however, was not becoming a member of my organization. I don't require an alliance. I require allegiance. This would be so much simpler if you were willing to consider yourself a member of my organization rather than just someone who 'helps' on the side."
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:53 pm

"Well sorry to continue disappointing you but no one collects me like a fucking trophy for their mantle" Charon remarked as he looked toward Arachna. "If you want to spit in my face with all the help I can provide you then no skin off my back, our arrangements can end here and we'll walk our separate ways" Charon said simply. "I am my own man, no one owns me or gives me commands. Sam also would have no interest in joining your group, guy like him has too much honor to work for someone like you" he remarked. "He has a strange code. Under my control he could still aid your organization. But like I said, I don't take orders"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arachna Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:25 am

"Hmph..." Arachna's expression went sour at the incredibly negative reaction to her statement. "You speak so lowly of me when you know almost nothing about me. I'm in the middle of creating a world class organization of powered criminals that will give the Superhero Foundation a run for its money and I receive nothing but venom from a common mob boss; a mob boss that I myself gave a foothold to power! Very well..." she finished while turning about on the wall to begin slinking her way back up the building. "...consider all prior arrangements dissolved. This path of arrogance will lead to your ruin!" she exclaimed while disappearing over the corner to the roof.
Arachna
Arachna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down