Evolution City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Totally not a Squirrel Girl
Mission Hostile - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am by Emerl

» Elemental Convergence: A Magical Meeting
Mission Hostile - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm by Tsukami

» Personal Spear Phishing! (For Ping)
Mission Hostile - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm by Ping

» Parkland Wonders
Mission Hostile - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am by Ember Vixenne

» Close Encounters of the Inkvisible Kind (Private with Vex)
Mission Hostile - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am by Inkling

» Abels SAFE exam
Mission Hostile - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm by Abel/Cain

» Foggy Nights
Mission Hostile - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm by V.Carnage

» Live News No More
Mission Hostile - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am by Beldyr

» Angelica Petrescu
Mission Hostile - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm by V.Carnage

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Mission Hostile

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mission Hostile - Page 2 Empty Re: Mission Hostile

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:30 pm

Charon's plan worked perfectly, at least at first. Panicked and on the ground, he wasn't able to fight back very effectively at all. However, in the moments before blacking out, the illusions seemed to fade, and he was able to focus again. He lunged back with a powerful elbow to Charon's face, the rolled onto his back and on top of Charon. He elbowed back again, this time with gravity. In this moment, he would break free of the chain and stumble away from Charon, gasping for air. He turned back and delivered a swift kick to Charon's arm, more an enraged than a focused attack.
Behind the two, the world was coming back into focus for Sam. He saw Charon on the ground and the man on his feet. Sam started crawling towards them, but his hand landed on something different... Metal instead of stone. The manhole cover leading to the sewer. His trademark grin slowly crept across his face. Two birds with one stone? I think I'll one that up...
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:34 pm

Charon screamed in pain once again as he felt his body fighting against him. He was taking too much of a beating and his body wanted to shut down and just rest because of it. Charon looked right at the man, seeing that he was still up and looked well. The man's neck looked a little red from Charon's attempt to strangle him, but he had all the air he needed to keep fighting. Charon focused and kept his breathing under control, his fists still held together tightly. His illusions weren't working as well as he wanted, and this guy was becoming more and more used to the paranoia. Charon was going to have to change up his strategy.

"You like fist fights, let's go big man" Charon said before just walking forward. The two men moved toward each other before engaging in a fist fight. However, Charon still had a trick up his sleeve. Using his illusions he created copies of himself, each moving out of his body as if Charon was able to seperate himself at will. Charon attempted to distract the man to the point where he couldn't keep track of which was real and which wasn't, sending blow after blow in to the man's body to weaken him until defeat.
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:42 pm

The man's strikes were once again becoming more controlled and focused, but he still couldn't ever land a hit on the real Charon. Finally, he took a breath, closed his eyes, and his body seemed to turn toward the real Charon. "Did you know the human body has a specific heat signature?" He whispered cockily. He immediately rushed the real Charon, sending a series of punches and kicks toward him. The accuracy was obviously reduced due to his eyes being closed, but he was no longer being distracted by the illusions. After one tornado kick that Charon ducked under, he turned and opened his eyes. "You don't really think you can--"
WHACK! The man's back suddenly bent backwards as he flew stomach first passed Charon. As his body flew, Charon would see that a large, metal manhole cover had been hurled at him from behind, catching his lower back. Sam was on his feet and rushing the man, his hand cut and bleeding from wrenching the manhole cover with his hand, but he didn't seem to mind. From the wound, a six-inch long blade was forming as he ran, and he landed on the man's back, then rammed the blade through his throat.
"You talk.... WAY too fucking much... In a fistfight... Moron..." Sam whispered between heavy breaths. He pulled his hand back, the blade turning to liquid and splashing onto the man's twitching body. "You alright, sir?" He asked.
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:45 pm

Charon's eye widend as the man revealed he was able to detect heat signatures. He could still fight with his eyes closed, what was this guy!? Charon did his best to just play defense as he tried to come up with a new plan, but what could he possibly do to someone like this? Charon just kept defending himself until the man was smashed in the back by the manhole cover. Charon looked to see that Sam had gotten back up and joined the fight once again before immediately ending it. The man had his throat pierced, and Charon had a feeling that he couldn't survive that. Charon wanted to put a bullet in the man's skull to be certain, but a bullet could be traced. Sam's method was much cleaner.

"Fine, jerk just kept targeting my arm once he realized it was injured. I don't know if I was gonna defeat him on my own, appreciate the assistance" Charon said before hefting up the duffel bags he brought up. "Now let's get the hell out of here and back to the base to regroup with everyone"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:51 pm

Sam took one of the bags from Charon; he wasn't about to force him to carry it with his injured arm. "Come on, let's move. Cops are likely on their way." Sam made his way down the ladder into the sewers, and started making his way back to Mocca City. Even though Charon said it wasn't necessary, there was likely a great deal of heat coming down on the district, so it was better to be safe than sorry.
Once back at the base, Sam deposited his bag on the table. "Based on how sore carrying that made my shoulder, I'd say we made a pretty damn good haul.
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:53 pm

Charon looked down at the bags of gems. He had never seen so many in one spot, and it looked beautiful. This was going to help them stay afloat along with getting a few of Charon's bigger ideas moving. It was the perfect haul. Mason wanted to pick them up but kept his hands to himself as he didn't want to look bad for the boss after such a serious fight and score.

"How much do you think the total pile will be worth?" Charon asked with a glance towards Sam. "I won't hold you to it, but I must admit that the price of gems is something I'm not greatly familiar with. What do you think?"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:01 pm

Sam shrugged. "Not entirely sure, to be honest. If my contact is still worth his salt, though, I easily see us getting ten thousand outta this."
Felix, to Sam's surprise, stumbled into the room. "Felix, the hell are you doing here?" He asked. "Thought you were going to your family for the night."
Felix shook his head. "I-I just... I wanted to report in so that you guys didn't think I-I intentionally did this..." He muttered nervously. His eyes were somewhat fearful, dreading punishment from Charon.
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:02 pm

"See how much you can jack the price up, we need everything we can get" Charon said before turning to the door to see Felix standing there. He just gave the man a nod, not seeming to hold any ill will towards him. "I think we should all head out, get some rest" Charon said. Mason and Sam were close to the door before Charon spoke next. "Felix...a word before you?" Charon requested before motioning to a chair across from where he was sitting.
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:07 pm

Felix froze in place before. Despite Charon's reassuring nod, he remembered how quickly Lazy Eye was to switch from "polite demeanor" to "watching a person die from sudden-lack-of-jugular syndrome". He nervously sat down in the chair. "O-of course, sir... B-before you say anything, I-I just want to clarify that the program was unlike anything I'd seen before. It was masquerading as a cheap program, but breaking into it installed a reverse trojan on my software, and it busted my system. I-It carried on with its primary function while sabotaging m-my own--" Felix continued rambling nervously, attempting to talk his way out of what he was terrified would be his execution.
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Charon held up his hand to stop Felix from speaking any further. It was growing tiresome after a few moments. Charon allowed there to be silence for a few moments before his eye rested on Felix. "You're still afraid of me. I don't entirely blame you, after what I did I can see why. I had to cross a line with you, but I had to in order to make sure that Lazy Eye died. You served me well, yet you still think I have plans to harm you"

"I didn't ask for this life Felix, but I'm very good at it. I kill people I have to, I don't execute needlessly. So tell me Felix, do I need to be worried about you?"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:15 pm

Felix swallowed and shook his head. "N-no sir. I-I'm still in this. If I wasn't, I-I could've let that guy get the drop on you." He pointed out. "A-and not just because of fearing for my life. S-Sam assured me that he'd see to my family's continued protection despite Father being dead. Th-that's why I joined him in the first place, anyways. I-I'm willing to put myself in this line of work if it means keeping them safe." He paused a moment before adding, "Sir."
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:18 pm

Charon was quiet for a time before looking away, because he knew that Felix hated looking at his eye. "You did well tonight, better than I could have hoped for. You did exactly as I asked and you weren't caught" Charon said before picking up one of the bracelets and tossing it to Felix. "Give it to your wife. It's a good piece but not nice enough to be recognized once they're reported stolen" Charon explained. "Go home and give it to your wife, you earned it"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyLabyrinth Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:23 pm

Felix caught the bracelet and stared at it, frozen for a moment. He wasn't expecting this kind of gesture from Charon; this was the sort of kindness and forgiveness he had grown to know Father for, but from his experiences with other gangs, that was rare. Seeing it come from the same man who could kill a man with two gold coins was... disorienting. After a moment, he looked up and said, "Th-thank you sir. Truly. I-I'll keep doing what I can for you, sir." He stood up, the only sign of his nerves being one of his shaking hands, but it was shaking more from relief than fear at this point. He extended his non-shaking hand to shake. "Thank you, very much, sir."
JollyLabyrinth
JollyLabyrinth

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:29 pm

Charon stood up and gave a firm handshake to Felix. Loyalty needed to be earned on both sides. Felix was working hard, but Charon had to show that he was appreciated for his efforts. "Loyalty is always appreciated Felix. Just keep up the good work, that's my only request of you"
Charon
Charon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2